Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@djborden - ok - a couple of options - first one is to delete the camera in BI and see if the issue persists. If the issue goes away, then their is an alert somewhere in BI that is triggering the camera back to a preset. What is the alarm track set to in the camera GUI - maybe it is set to 15 seconds? Maybe your min/max object sizes are out of whack (they should be zero and let AI do its thing).

Or if you have an SD card in the PTZ, suggest you watch a playback and turn on the rules info during playback from the camera GUI and not BI. It sounds to me like the PTZ is locking in to something else in the image and that is the reason why it stops tracking. You will be able to see that subject locking during playback in the GUI only, not thru BI. Mine would occasionally lock on a mailbox or lamp post that was in the image while a subject was moving, but adjusting the settings can eliminate most of that.

If you do not have an SD card in the PTZ, then go to live view from the camera GUI (again this cannot be seen in BI), and turn on the rules info and have someone go outside and watch with the PTZ is tracking if the box goes from the subject and then the box jumps to a tree or bush or lamp post or car or anything else in the picture, then you know that is the issue and you can start adjusting settings to eliminate it.

Can you post a video with the rules on so we can see what the PTZ is doing, along with camera settings in the GUI? We are all just giving you guesses based on what you say is happening at this point until we see what the settings are and video of it in action.

And of course @Wildcat_1 may reply to this thread and offer to jump onto your system and take a look - which I HIGHLY recommend! He did that on mine and took it to the next level!

Last edited:

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ljw2k, @wittaj Thank you !! I think I have it sorted now... at least to do some more testing.

I think the big issue was not using IE and possibly firmware may have had something to do with it but not certain. . Once updating and using IE, I could see the video feed in the cameras GUI and make some changes to the settings and they would save. I could then use the video feed from the cameras GUI to see what was going on. As stated, you can see it lock onto other objects so you can see what it was doing. I also went into BI and made sure to disable things I thought may provide feedback to the camera and cause problems.

Thanks again!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
My presets are behaving wonky now; they don't the maintain the position I desire them to be at. I have 8 presets. Could this be firmware related, or mechanical fault? I don't hear any unusual noises. Could it be related to the NVR? I am still using the firmware (w/ autotracking) which came with this camera when purchased back in January of this year

I asked Andy @EMPIRETECANDY for the newest firmware, but he said that Dahua fully eliminated the autotracking feature now

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If it is loosing PRESETS it is 100% faulty camera and needs to be returned forget about firmware updates and changing it we tried 23 times YES 23 times swapping and changing when I sent mine back.
I have the Auto Tracking Firmware you can have but Andy will still have it but pointless trying .Your camera is not fit for purpose and needs to be returned if you state it is loosing presets it means the motor is slipping and no firmware will fix this TRUST ME and Andy probably knows by sending you the firmware it's not going to fix it.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes mine goes in circles when I manually move the cam. I just ask alexa to turn off the switch then back on and it's fine. I haven't had much time to really play with it or even ask Andy for the magical fw yet but it's really great cam.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So, the new firmware is more of a bandage (concealing the problem and placing under a rug) than a fix, right? If I upgrade the firmware and loose autotracking and stay with presets, that should fix the problem right with no slipping?

If it is loosing PRESETS it is 100% faulty camera and needs to be returned forget about firmware updates and changing it we tried 23 times YES 23 times swapping and changing when I sent mine back.
I have the Auto Tracking Firmware you can have but Andy will still have it but pointless trying .Your camera is not fit for purpose and needs to be returned if you state it is loosing presets it means the motor is slipping and no firmware will fix this TRUST ME and Andy probably knows by sending you the firmware it's not going to fix it.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you end up getting a unit that works now? My unit is several months old and just started creating problems

I could care less about autotracking at this point as Wildcat mentioned that you can get better results with the autotracking function. Sure, it will take more time to refine and configure IVS and the presets, but at least there will be lesser room for error.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The so called Magical Firmware DOES NOT fix the preset slip. I sent my camera back and purchased a new one here in the UK and never once had any problems like this with it and its been up and running now for

159 day(s)
8 hour(s)
30 minute(s)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Does yours have autotracking?

The so called Magical Firmware DOES NOT fix the preset slip. I sent my camera back and purchased a new one here in the UK and never once had any problems like this with it and its been up and running now for

159 day(s)
8 hour(s)
30 minute(s)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you @ljw2k, your guidance helped me resolve the preset issue on my PTZ
Cheers :)

It never came with Auto Tracking, but I have the Auto tracking firmware which I installed and now I have Auto Tracking.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Firmware and Factory Reset fixed my issue. I also think something is plaguing Dahua NVR's. They don't seem to interpret nor communicate right with some of these cameras; Preset 3 in the PTZ is interpreted as Preset 5 in the NVR. This could be causing all sorts of hoopla in the camera itself. I'm working on Blue Iris to avoid issues related to Dahua firmware. Also the firmware I have is the latest and last firmware for retaining the Autotracking feature. Going back to the beginning of this thread, I will still agree that it is best to avoid being fully dependent on autotracking; setting up IVS rules and presets is the optimal way to get this PTZ working to its full potential. I noticed that I have had to micromanage a lot things in Dahua products. I think Blue Iris is a stepping stone in terms of being less reliant on NVR's. At least now, using the potential of other IP cameras is now an option. I have second thoughts regarding Dahua products released last year and this year; with not to complete firmwares and quality in general. Its really not worth being the guinea pig, unfortunately, that's just how the market works now it seems. Better to go with what's proven, which is why I still recommend 2mp Starlight cameras :)

What exactly fixed your issue?

Last edited:

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am interested in this camera, though I have very little knowledge regarding this camera. From what I have read looks like the camera can be rotated and tilted remotely? I have attached a picture of my backyard and marked a circle where I am planning to install this camera. Main focus is to monitor kids in the backyard and also be able to have peak at the little patio section that is out there by remotely changing the angle of the camera. Can someone please advice if this camera be able to do that?

Attachments

spenser911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am interested in this camera, though I have very little knowledge regarding this camera. From what I have read looks like the camera can be rotated and tilted remotely? I have attached a picture of my backyard and marked a circle where I am planning to install this camera. Main focus is to monitor kids in the backyard and also be able to have peak at the little patio section that is out there by remotely changing the angle of the camera. Can someone please advice if this camera be able to do that?
Yes you have full PTZ control using the DMSS mobile app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@S0619212 - this camera can do all you ask, and while this is a great camera, I think it will be too powerful for your area - the Field of View (FOV) is not very wide because it is made for zooming at distances.

I recently upgraded and moved my front PTZ to the backyard on my second story. Zoomed all the way out, all I see is one "slab" of the concrete patio from joint to joint. I do not have a big patio. I can zoom in to see the one tiny blade of a blade of grass popping up out a joint and that fills the whole screen...

I would think you would want something not as powerful that also gives a wider FOV because the view would be so limited for trying to look at things close to the house.

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@S0619212 - this camera can do all you ask, and while this is a great camera, I think it will be too powerful for your area - the Field of View (FOV) is not very wide because it is made for zooming at distances.

I recently upgraded and moved my front PTZ to the backyard on my second story. Zoomed all the way out, all I see is one "slab" of the concrete patio from joint to joint. I do not have a big patio. I can zoom in to see the one tiny blade of a blade of grass popping up out a joint and that fills the whole screen...

I would think you would want something not as powerful that also gives a wider FOV because the view would be so limited for trying to look at things close to the house.
Thanks.

Yeah I want something to be able to see about 40 - 50 feet away from the camera since that is the distance between camera and swing/playset etc. I was hoping to just have one camera in the back yard. I think PTZ feature is really cool. Is there a PTZ camera that comes to your mind to meet my requirements?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah I want something to be able to see about 40 - 50 feet away from the camera since that is the distance between camera and swing/playset etc. I was hoping to just have one camera in the back yard. I think PTZ feature is really cool. Is there a PTZ camera that comes to your mind to meet my requirements?
The ptz at your original position, some places can't view. Esp the left side. For home ptz, normally we install at the side of the house to watch the whole yard, Your house's structure better use 2 fixed motorized cams at the left and right, recommend to use IPC-T5442T-ZE(if have better budget) and IPC-T3241T-ZAS. If you love ptz, still have to add a fixed camera on the left.
1601426941856.png