Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I will have to test this on my end again to verify. Mine doesn’t return to original preset; it’s a few degrees off
Not sure what the deal was with mine. It just magically resolved itself one day. Part of me wonders if it was temperature related. We will see as temps drop again. It hasn't had an issue all summer. Auto-tracking is working great!!

I recently bought another one from Andy and it has been rocksolid with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope for your sake it is Human Error but as soon as you say PRESET SLIP that can ONLY lead to one thing RETURN/EXCHANGE. This is going from experience with my own camera and a few here on the forum. Now I have purchased a new one in the UK this has been running around 190 days without any hiccups and never ever recorded a Preset slip where the one I purchased from Andy I saw it 2-3 times a day as I would have to RESET PTZ , not saying every SD49225-XA purchased from Andy shows this problem as many members here have never had any problems whatsoever with camera's purchased from Andy.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what the deal was with mine. It just magically resolved itself one day. Part of me wonders if it was temperature related. We will see as temps drop again. It hasn't had an issue all summer. Auto-tracking is working great!!

I recently bought another one from Andy and it has been rocksolid with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s in the 50’s here (fareinheit)

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I got my camera delivered in like 3 or 4 days, couldn't believe it.
I just mounted it for testing and setup today.
Camera System version: 2.800.1341000.0.R, Build Date: 2020-03-12
PTZ Version: 2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

Just wanted to check in and make sure that it has the correct firmware for the auto-tracking. Also I have never messed with auto tracking, Does this thread so someone how to set that up some where? Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but ya have to start somewhere.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Best to ask the seller who sold you the camera if it comes with Auto tracking and if this is the feature you wanted then surely this question should have been asked before the purchase?

edmeij

n3wb
Reaction score
There are many sellers selling this camera now and if you need the firmware I can always send it to you no matter who you buy it from.
can you sent me the autotrack firmware of the camera

thanks ed from holland

T3CH hungry

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Best to ask the seller who sold you the camera if it comes with Auto tracking and if this is the feature you wanted then surely this question should have been asked before the purchase?
Guess I’ll ask Andy. The aliexpress listing had auto tracking listed as a feature

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't worry, that is how I started as well. If I remember correctly, if you have Alarm Track in the Deep IVS, then you have the auto tracking.
There is a way to extract the firmware from the camera?
I would feel better, if I would have a backup of this firmware, just in case.

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, im interestested on a DAHUA PTZ Starlight, but im intrigued if 2mp or 4pm, from what i remember the 2mp had better low light operation, while higher mp will net better images with daylight, but wondering if newer 4mp starlights like this Dahuas new ptz can rival 2mp low light operation?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Which "newer
ptz"s are you on about?

The Dahua SD49225XA-HNR & SD49425XA-HNR are the latest models.

If Night time is important then Dahua SD49225XA-HNR

If Day time is more important Dahua SD49425XA-HNR

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I was astonished by two videos a couple of years ago but didnt have the money to invest on PTZ, Dahua DH SD49225T HN Camera Zoom Test and Zoom Testing DH SD6CE245U HNI 45x Optical 16x Digital
Personally i still favor low light operations, the places that im planning will have street lights but there is no way to install multiple IR, but if todays 4mp sensor can compete with 2mp in low light ill go with 4mp ptz.

The new 4MP cameras with the 1/1.8” sensor are better yes. Not all 4MP cams however

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The older cams you mentioned which I have owned both are old tech. The newer Dahua SD49225XA-HNR wipes the floor with them and much more improved.
Thank you for your opinion, you settle me into not considering old ptz.

The new 4MP cameras with the 1/1.8” sensor are better yes. Not all 4MP cams however
Very interesting comment, would you say SD6CE445XA-HNR (4mp 1/1.8'') will have better low light than the SD49225XA-HNR (2mp 1/1.8'')?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve not played with a 2MP 1/1.8 ptz but the resolution difference is quite eye opening (much more than going from 4MP to 8MP ) and the 5442 non-ptz models (and more expensive 7442 series) with the 1/1.8” are the clear winner right now for low light.

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’ve not played with a 2MP 1/1.8 ptz but the resolution difference is quite eye opening (much more than going from 4MP to 8MP ) and the 5442 non-ptz models (and more expensive 7442 series) with the 1/1.8” are the clear winner right now for low light.
Thanks for the feedback.

I was checking the specs of both cameras , and it seems they come with 1/2.8” STARVIS™ CMOS , will this mean they wont perform as well as the 1/1.8 under low light?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Again not a ptz expert, I’m testing my first 45x right now, it (4MP) has the 1/2.8” sensor and no it’s not near as good in low light as the 5442 series

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s a 6 series Andy test cam with the PFA... which is weird to get used to but not too bad, still dialing it in ...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
My presets started working magically again, odd.