Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

cam1

n3wb
Reaction score
Question on this camera: The specifications state that the Tilt Range is: -15°–90°. Does this imply that the camera is capable of looking upward 15° from horizon? Or does it imply that it can look pointing down and back 15°?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It can look up 15 degrees from horizon and look straight down 90 and then if you continue to try to go down, it circles and then goes back up on the other side.

rmi63

n3wb
Reaction score
@rmi63 let us know more about your install and that FOV then we can respond. Thanks
Thanks for all of the responses. It is a temporary mount on a balcony while I test the camera. I am thinking it is the IR bouncing off of the nearby wall to the left. I moved the camera to a different location and will report back once it gets dark.

AnOmAly

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a while, but wanted to share my experience with the community. I received one of these cams (SD-49225XA-HNR) myself from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY a couple weeks back. Out of the box I spent hours trying to figure out why the auto-track would not work. In noob fashion I figured it was firmware and updated to latest firmware, which only the made the situation worse, as the auto-tracking option disappeared from the interface. At this point I threw my hands up and reached out to Andy, who quickly provided me with the firmware I had originally, restoring the auto-tracking option to the interface. However, auto-tracking would still not work, so I reached back out to Andy who had one of his engineers jump on the cam, and after a bit, figured out there was an issue with the cam's license. After exporting the dat file from the cam, Andy was able to get an updated license from Dahua a couple days later. Way more of an adventure than I expected, but wanted to be sure to recognize the excellent support provided by Andy and if anyone else has a similar issue, perhaps it will save them some frustration. :)

Kells

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a while, but wanted to share my experience with the community. I received one of these cams (SD-49225XA-HNR) myself from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY a couple weeks back. Out of the box I spent hours trying to figure out why the auto-track would not work. In noob fashion I figured it was firmware and updated to latest firmware, which only the made the situation worse, as the auto-tracking option disappeared from the interface. At this point I threw my hands up and reached out to Andy, who quickly provided me with the firmware I had originally, restoring the auto-tracking option to the interface. However, auto-tracking would still not work, so I reached back out to Andy who had one of his engineers jump on the cam, and after a bit, figured out there was an issue with the cam's license. After exporting the dat file from the cam, Andy was able to get an updated license from Dahua a couple days later. Way more of an adventure than I expected, but wanted to be sure to recognize the excellent support provided by Andy and if anyone else has a similar issue, perhaps it will save them some frustration. :)
That's interesting, I didn't know the camera needed to be "Licensed" for auto tracking to work... I bought a couple off eBay and updated firmware from Dahua's product page... wondering if I could be getting a better experience from my cams (See below)
How can I verify that' i'm using the right FW, and if I have the license because I notice some features seem to be missing??

50230UNI-A running V2.623.0000000.13.R.E4.301e.3S.NR build date 2018-12-05
6C430UNI running V2.623.0000000.1.R.E4.301d.3S.NR build date 2018-06-27

If anyone can off advice on that I would truly appreciate it. Not a lot of data on these cams in the forum unfortunately....

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Kells this is the Dahua SD49225XA-HNR thread

The 2 camera's you have listed are the older none AI models , auto tracking on both those camera's is not very good and the newer AI models as in the SD49225XA-HNR are in a completely different league altogether.

Kells

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack... That registering serial numbers for software features to work was a surprise to me so I thought I would ask.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
No need to be Sorry Kells and I would be asking your supplier if you have the latest firmwares installed or go look on Dahua's website direct. Let me say one thing If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Draconian

n3wb
Reaction score
How is the IR distance on this model? Do you generally get the full 100m on dark nights?