Review-Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI Starlight PTZ 45x Zoom

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I manually moved the camera to the location of the flowers because I like to look at flowers.

The camera has a problem focusing when it is zoomed all the way in; the 17 to 50 second focus was me manually focusing the camera.
Ok on the flowers. I know BP recently said his hunts out bushes ( :wow:), ( BP don't tell the missus), hence why asked about the trip method that determines what the PTZ tracks.

As for the focus, as I said, it looks like the issues that used to be had with SLR's compact cameras, where the camera hunts for a focus lock. I understand it's commonly caused when cameras use contrast detection (which most do these days). In the early days of cameras, hunting for focus was very common and focus lock slow. Nowadays, in most cameras it's almost instantaneous. However, it would appear that it could possibly be not so well implemented by Dahua in this camera atm. Maybe a firmware update will improve it if it's software based.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this camera still the best at around same price point or like $100 -150 can get a better one than this ? or is it pretty darn good both day and night ? I am thinking of like picking some facial detail on moving cars at night thru the windshield if any they will be like 100-150 feet out and zooming by camera at the closest maybe 50-60 feet if camera auto tracks it..

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
always the problem of focus with this cam or solved ?

thanks

BICK

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I will be interested in knowing that too if this camera has any know focus issue or not thank you Great question @ Bickford

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, after spending time on this forum, looks like I bought the wrong PTZ. I bought a Sunba 601x20. BUT! That’s before I knew about Blue Iris THAT led me to this forum. Since then i’v bought 1 5231 & 2 4231’s, a i7-8700 16mb ram , etc, etc. looks like I need to shop for a better PTZ now. But thanks for all the help anyhow. My next step is to research VPN. Cause right know I think I’m wide open for a hacken. :smash:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, after spending time on this forum, looks like I bought the wrong PTZ. I bought a Sunba 601x20. BUT! That’s before I knew about Blue Iris THAT led me to this forum. Since then i’v bought 1 5231 & 2 4231’s, a i7-8700 16mb ram , etc, etc. looks like I need to shop for a better PTZ now. But thanks for all the help anyhow. My next step is to research VPN. Cause right know I think I’m wide open for a hacken. :smash:
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think this camera just went out of stock on Ali express at-least for the Andy store wonder if a better version of this coming next year.. or anything

svjakobs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Anyone know where I can find the latest firmware for this camera?

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I picked one of these up and like it, although I am still getting used to using BI at the same time.... I am disappointed (not surprised) at how bad the auto tracking is. Is the only setting in the camera that affects auto tracking the PTZ, Function, Intelligence menu? (Enable and duration). I am about to just disable it. Sometimes it moves for no apparent reason, other times it senses movement and then jets off to who knows. It works best with people and cars, but I don't have many of those... I want it tracking skunks, foxes, etc...

Focus wise, pretty good most of the time. This morning it was off after the auto track ran amok. I have learned to support the message everywhere that more fixed cameras are better than PTZ, the problem is none of the "normal" fixed lense cameras have the range I want in many cases. I am looking into the price for some of the fixed replaceable lense cameras, but I am guessing that a PTZ will be cheaper than the camera, lense and weatherproof box.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I picked one of these up and like it, although I am still getting used to using BI at the same time.... I am disappointed (not surprised) at how bad the auto tracking is. Is the only setting in the camera that affects auto tracking the PTZ, Function, Intelligence menu? (Enable and duration). I am about to just disable it. Sometimes it moves for no apparent reason, other times it senses movement and then jets off to who knows. It works best with people and cars, but I don't have many of those... I want it tracking skunks, foxes, etc...

Focus wise, pretty good most of the time. This morning it was off after the auto track ran amok. I have learned to support the message everywhere that more fixed cameras are better than PTZ, the problem is none of the "normal" fixed lense cameras have the range I want in many cases. I am looking into the price for some of the fixed replaceable lense cameras, but I am guessing that a PTZ will be cheaper than the camera, lense and weatherproof box.
No, from the top of my head, I believe this must be set up in the Event>IVS section.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, from the top of my head, I believe this must be set up in the Event>IVS section.
The instructions about the IVS section are from an older version. That is actually what I am trying to determine....do you need any of the IVS setup for auto tracking. If you just check the enable box under auto tracking it DOES start auto tracking. Just not sure if the IVS stuff will help control it better. I guess that is the next thing to play with.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The instructions about the IVS section are from an older version. That is actually what I am trying to determine....do you need any of the IVS setup for auto tracking. If you just check the enable box under auto tracking it DOES start auto tracking. Just not sure if the IVS stuff will help control it better. I guess that is the next thing to play with.
Yes, as I said, this needs to be setup under Event>Smart Plan>Create a smart plan, Then proceed to IVS setup. this is where the tracking is configured in IVS.
Not under PTZ>Function>Intelligence.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There appears to be an up/down PTZ limit but not a left/right PTZ limit, does that sound right? I would like to limit the PTZ motion to avoid either manual or Auto going crazy.

What I was attempting to do was use BI for intrusion detection and auto tracking in intelligence. I have now switched to IVS and will be testing.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a pity the Blue Iris software can't handle the tracking instead of the firmware. BI seems to be pretty good with it's trip zones when set up correctly.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick question I have the camera and time to time I feel like the clock on the camera falls couple of secs behind is there a way to correct this issue ? Also I would love if all the clock matches on all other cameras seem like all of them are couple of secs here or there..
clock.JPG