Review: Dahua Starlight Mini PT Dome SD12200T-GN

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm about to mod a turret and attach a motor / a couple of servos behind the turret so that with its big giant claws can move the turret's head for me (of course the retaining screw would need to be slightly loosened to make this to work), lol

I mean, just to get the best of both worlds :D

it's physically possible, but imho doing this would put a bit more stress on the camera's pan mechanism. The pan mechanism would be unbalanced oriented vertically and the small amount of play in the mechanism would lead to an annoying wobble. You "could" do it, but I'd expect it to reduce the camera's life, be annoying to control, and provide little benefit over other cameras that are better suited to vertical wall mounting.

I think it's best to just mount it in the horizontal plane as intended, but I'm sure someone will try mounting it vertically and they'll probably get a decent lifespan out of it.

Guido87

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this ptz in comparision with the sd12200t-gn.

2MP 4x PTZ – Dahua North America
2mp starlight. Ptz. I think its faster moving.

Would the image quality be better or worse than the mini? It has no mic I think.

I already orderd the sd22404t-gn. 4mp.
But it's not starlight. If there is interest from guys here I can share some info and images when I recieve the 4mp model.
Let me know...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Would the image quality be better or worse than the mini? It has no mic I think.

But it's not starlight. If there is interest from guys here I can share some info and images when I recieve the 4mp model.
Let me know...
Image quality will be roughly the same.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How's the image quality of this cam compared to the 5231R-ZE?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Would like to see a wider international release of this 2MP 4x PTZ variant
However, @Guido87 , when you receive the 4MP version, please share with us your experience, thanks!

Let me know...

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would the image quality be better or worse than the mini? It has no mic I think..
And no built-in IR, right?

Let me know...
Sharing is how we all learn. If you have the time to post it up, I’ll def read it!!

hanggaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. What speaker specs are ideal for the audio output of this ipcam? Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys. What speaker specs are ideal for the audio output of this ipcam? Thanks.
Audio out on all of the cameras is unamplified. You'd have to connect an amplifier and then a speaker.

hanggaw

n3wb
Reaction score
My Ipcam became unresponsive a few days ago. Tried using different POEs and an external power supply. No go. I can't even ping it. All it does is pan every few moments after power is supplied. Guess mine is dead.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Ipcam became unresponsive a few days ago. Tried using different POEs and an external power supply. No go. I can't even ping it. All it does is pan every few moments after power is supplied. Guess mine is dead.
Good guess.