Review: EZVIZ DB1C

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
You might be able to pull something off using the Onvif addon with Home Assistant, assuming it allows you to receive triggers from Onvif devices. You'll also need an Onvif doorbell camera, which this one isn't. Some variants of the DB1 can be flashed (or come with) Onvif compatible firmware.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait for the next revision of this doorbell :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait for the next revision of this doorbell :)
If you are waiting on ONVIF I would not hold my breath, this is the third Gen. and still no ONVIF support. The first two Hikvision versions had ONVIF though, just not their consumer brand EZVIZ. Maybe Hik will release their version of this DB, that is what happen to the second Gen., it was several months (I believe a year) later when it was released.

victorhooi

n3wb
Reaction score
I've setup my new EZVIZ DB1C, using a 24V 1A AC power supply.

I've downloaded the EZVIZ app on my Android phone, and gone through setup there. I can confirm I'm able to see the video feed.

I did a firmware update - it did give me an error message afterwards about being unable to update, check network, but then a few seconds later, it seemed to show it's on the latest version. It's currently on V5.3.0 build 201106, and the firmware check in the app shows no later version.

First question - the doorbell itself seems to beep once every 15 seconds. Does anybody know what this signifies, or how to stop it from beeping?

Second question - I'm trying to get the video feed to ingest into my NVR.

I tried using VLC first, to test the feed, I've tried the following URLs:
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/1
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/101
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/102
I took the password (6-character string from the app, under Settings, About, Device QR Code - then click the eye icon to reveal.

VLC says it's unable to open the above stream.

Does anybody know how to get the RTSP feed working?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've setup my new EZVIZ DB1C, using a 24V 1A AC power supply.

I've downloaded the EZVIZ app on my Android phone, and gone through setup there. I can confirm I'm able to see the video feed.

I did a firmware update - it did give me an error message afterwards about being unable to update, check network, but then a few seconds later, it seemed to show it's on the latest version. It's currently on V5.3.0 build 201106, and the firmware check in the app shows no later version.

First question - the doorbell itself seems to beep once every 15 seconds. Does anybody know what this signifies, or how to stop it from beeping?

Second question - I'm trying to get the video feed to ingest into my NVR.

I tried using VLC first, to test the feed, I've tried the following URLs:
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/1
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/101
  • rtsp:/admin:<password>@<IP address>:544/Streaming/Channels/102
I took the password (6-character string from the app, under Settings, About, Device QR Code - then click the eye icon to reveal.

VLC says it's unable to open the above stream.

Does anybody know how to get the RTSP feed working?
Can you ping your camera's IP from the PC you are trying to get VLC to stream on?

On the DB1 you have to use the password (Verification Code:) on the back of the Doorbell...Not sure if this is the same with the DBC1

victorhooi

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, I can ping the camera's IP address from my laptop. However, VLC doesn't seem to get the RTSP stream.

I unplugged the DB1C, then took a packet capture, that spanned a period from powering up the DB1C doorbell, to connecting from the mobile app on my phone.

However, there doesn't seem to be any mention in the packet capture of RTP or RTSP - does the EZVIZ app not use RTP/RSTP to talk to the app?

I've attached the PCAP file, in case anybody else is able to figure it out.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Main stream for my DB1C in VLC is: rtsp:/admin : password@10.200.200.17/?1 (no space before or after the colon. Have to put a space here as the forum thinks I want to put a smiley face emoticon :p. Also the forum doensn't allow me to put two forward slashes after rtsp:. You need both forward slashes (/ / ). One won't work.

Substream is the same except use /Streaming/Channels/102 after the IP address.

Just tested and works fine. The password is the one that is on the box near the QR code if I remember. Its definitely not a password I chose because its random letters.

Last edited:

craigers

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just gotten an DB1C and am experiencing exactly the same as @victorhooi with not being able to connect to the RTSP stream and the occasional beep.
Trying to stream with VLC - "rtsp:/admin:xxxxxx@192.168.1.220:554/Streaming/Channels/101" the password used is what is listed on the back of the device (verification code in all caps).
Also "rtsp:/admin:xxxxxx@192.168.1.220/?1" does not work. Also tried "rtsp:/admin:xxxxxx@192.168.1.220:554/?1"

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You guys may want to check what firmwares ya'll are all running, maybe something changed,,,

This is my VLC Stream on my LaView (same as DB1):

1621776553204.png

1621776667043.png

craigers

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware is V5.3.0 build 201106. It had a different build originally but due to the probs I am having, upgraded it hoping that would help.
My VLC is 3.0.12.1 Ventinari (Snap install under Linux Mint). I have successfully had rtsp streams with other cams.

I have a DB1 as well, but it is not working. It will not connect, the LED is always red. It worked at one point but I may have buggered it and have tried some suggestions in the 101 thread but I gave up on it... May try again at some time to get it working.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Firmware is V5.3.0 build 201106. It had a different build originally but due to the probs I am having, upgraded it hoping that would help.
My VLC is 3.0.12.1 Ventinari (Snap install under Linux Mint). I have successfully had rtsp streams with other cams.

I have a DB1 as well, but it is not working. It will not connect, the LED is always red. It worked at one point but I may have buggered it and have tried some suggestions in the 101 thread but I gave up on it... May try again at some time to get it working.
My DB1C is running the exact same firmware as yours.

I don't know. Can you ping the doorbell from another computer? You can try dropping the port number of 554. I don't know that it matters but I don't have to explicitly call the port as RTSP defaults to that port already. Again, my main stream is (without the goofy spaces) rtsp:/admin : password@10.200.200.17/?1 Substitute your correct ip address of course and make sure you use two forward slashes (/ /) before admin.

How are you trying to test the stream with VLC? By going to Media -> Open Network Stream?

db1c.png

Last edited:

craigers

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you biggen and DavidL, but at the same time sorry for such a newb mistake on my end.
I have had a copy and paste from somewhere and did not notice.

double / was my issue for the stream not working...

Craig

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, I can ping the camera's IP address from my laptop. However, VLC doesn't seem to get the RTSP stream.

I unplugged the DB1C, then took a packet capture, that spanned a period from powering up the DB1C doorbell, to connecting from the mobile app on my phone.

However, there doesn't seem to be any mention in the packet capture of RTP or RTSP - does the EZVIZ app not use RTP/RSTP to talk to the app?

I've attached the PCAP file, in case anybody else is able to figure it out.
Question, are you running Blue Iris and if so are you trying to run VLC on the same Blue Iris PC? I just had a friend report his VLC is not working on his Blue Iris PC...

EDIT: So may not be related, I just tried mine and it worked. I am checking his BI version...

EDIT2: I did notice when I upgraded BI past 5.4.4.8 the next two newer versions stopped my second stream from my Doorbell Cam. So I went back to 5.4.4.8
I have not tried the new version 5.4.6.3

1621813480323.png

Last edited:

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone using EZVIZ with home assistant? can you verify the Ring Door Bell trigger notification works?

dkmcgowan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DB1C and wanted to see if others had this issue. I'm on 5.3.0 201106. It is on a new 16V 30Va Nutone transformer. It works and I can connect via Blue Iris and the Ezviz app, but 3x now it has lost it's connection in some way. The first time it was after a day, I cycled power to the transformer and it came right back. The second time was after a week, cycled power, back. This last time was < 24 hours. When it happens the light on the DB1C is still solid blue. I can still ping it, but I cannot connect with the Ezviz app or the RTSP stream. A power cycle brings it right back, no changes, settings, or re-add needed, just a power cycle.

I checked firewall logs and I don't see anything being blocked, I have ICMP reply working for that VLAN. I just connected with Ezviz Studio and disabled motion detection, ezviz cloud, and upnp to see if it changes anything, not sure why it would, but just trying something.

Anyone else had issues like this?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can ping it, then its not wifi related and obviously it's not power related either.

It's not normal though. I've had mine running since last Fall and I've never had to restart it once. You may have a faulty one.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a DB1C and wanted to see if others had this issue. I'm on 5.3.0 201106. It is on a new 16V 30Va Nutone transformer. It works and I can connect via Blue Iris and the Ezviz app, but 3x now it has lost it's connection in some way. The first time it was after a day, I cycled power to the transformer and it came right back. The second time was after a week, cycled power, back. This last time was < 24 hours. When it happens the light on the DB1C is still solid blue. I can still ping it, but I cannot connect with the Ezviz app or the RTSP stream. A power cycle brings it right back, no changes, settings, or re-add needed, just a power cycle.

I checked firewall logs and I don't see anything being blocked, I have ICMP reply working for that VLAN. I just connected with Ezviz Studio and disabled motion detection, ezviz cloud, and upnp to see if it changes anything, not sure why it would, but just trying something.

Anyone else had issues like this?
I definitely experience disconnection between the EZViz mobile app and the cameras. Like you, if I reboot the camera, it generally works for a while (a day or two, sometimes maybe even close to a week), but then eventually the app shows the cameras as "disconnected" and it will not reconnect until the cameras are rebooted. I have two of their doorbells and it happens to both, but not at the same time.

I've always assumed it is because I have my cameras set up on a "camera" VLAN without any internet connection or even the ability to initiate a connection to the VLAN that our phones would be on. Without the ability to connect to the internet and/or phones, I think the cameras/app experience one of two things. Either the cameras fail a few "phone home" attempts and the app eventually "disconnects" or the phone app attempts to connect to the cameras while I am not on my local network (even though I have a tasker event set up that automatically starts my VPN connection before opening the OEM app - so if the app is attempting to connect to the camera it is doing it is "behind the scenes") and when it fails it puts the app into a "disconnected" state.

I never loose the RTSP feed in BI however. This is simply a OEM app issue. Because I can VPN into my system and pull up the BI app, I don't worry about it too much. I don't use the "two way" voice connection that the app offers, so it hasn't been a big deal to me.

Last edited:

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with their DB1C reconnecting after a power outage? My new doorbell transfo fixed most of my disconnect issues, but I just realized it has been offline since May 28th, which was our last power flicker. I was under the impression the doorbells reconnected automatically when the power came back on? Maybe it's a delay thing between the doorbell reboot time and the router/modem reboot times?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup it should reconnect automatically to the wifi. What happens if you reboot it? Does it connect back?

Reaction score
First a question, then a rant.

Does anyone have a spare flat mount, or know where to get one for the DB1-C?
Mine broke the bottom ear off and looking at the videos it wasn't even touched.

Now the rant:
1623285951392.png1623285951392.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I probably would have just returned it. Where did you buy it and is it still in the return window?