Review: EZVIZ DB1C

Reaction score
I probably would have just returned it. Where did you buy it and is it still in the return window?
Got it through Kohls when they were $60, about 3 months ago. I believe that's outside the Kohls return window. I swapped out the flat bracket for the angled bracket thats also in the kit, but I lose a lot of my FOV to one side then.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If you know someone with the 3d printer, they could probably whip up another flat mount pretty easily.

PS - I don't think the mount would simply break after being mounted for no reason (ie no one was around the camera so it didn't occur when someone pressed the doorbell, etc). It is likely that the mount was over-torqued during installation and the pressure finally caused the mount to snap (caused by expansion/contraction cycles).

Reaction score
If you know someone with the 3d printer, they could probably whip up another flat mount pretty easily.

PS - I don't think the mount would simply break after being mounted for no reason (ie no one was around the camera so it didn't occur when someone pressed the doorbell, etc). It is likely that the mount was over-torqued during installation and the pressure finally caused the mount to snap (caused by expansion/contraction cycles).
I couldn't quite talk my wife into letting me get a 3D printer LoL. Wish I knew someone that had one around here.

Here's a photo of the offending mount bracket. The break was on the bottom end of the bracket. I can't see how I over-torqued it though. It was a wood screw through the siding. The reason for the cut marks on one mount hole was from the dremel. I had to go in at a slight angle to hit the stud with the screw, or else make even more holes in the siding. I trimmed the raised edge off the screw so the doorbell wouldn't be pushed away from the mount by the screw head.
We came home and I saw the broken piece laying on the ground under the doorbell. Thats why we looked back at the videos to see if someone had hit it hard. If you have one of these doorbells, you know there's only a screw between the doorbell and bracket on the top. The bottom of the doorbell has no screw mount.
IMG_20210611_172527936.jpg

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Iris v4 supports RTSP streaming from the DB1C? I have another IP Camera (TP-Link Tapo) which I can stream to VLC but not to Blue Iris v4. BI v5 may well work, but I've never had a reason to upgrade.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Iris v4 supports RTSP streaming from the DB1C? I have another IP Camera (TP-Link Tapo) which I can stream to VLC but not to Blue Iris v4. BI v5 may well work, but I've never had a reason to upgrade.
Well if v4 doesn’t work with it, that may be your reason ;)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how badly you need it to integrate with BI. Sadly I can't test for you since I don't have v4. Hopefully someone else will come along that still runs that version.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm....I'm not sure if that's $60 worth of reason....
I have never owned v4, sorry, not sure there are many left running v4 here. Of course, it is your call, but as we all know when you are left behind, less updates/support may become a factor with newer hardware. For me security has always been my main reason I keep updated. Older software will be left behind with security flaws that newer software addresses. Hopefully someone who ran both 4 & 5 will Chime In...but since DB1C was released almost 2 years after BI v5, not sure they would be able to answer your RTSP question.

I know this is old, maybe it helps...

With v5, I personally I like the recent addition/support of DeepStack with v5.4, it is a free opensource AI, of course Sentry is still available, also LPR support is nice with v5.

1623503762763.png1623503840674.png

HTH

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a photo of the offending mount bracket. The break was on the bottom end of the bracket. I can't see how I over-torqued it though. It was a wood screw through the siding.
Yeah, that definitely wasn't from over torqueing the screws. I had assumed it broke around the screw holes, but I can see where the ends are probably the weak link in that mount. It's been long enough since I've mounted mine that I had pretty much forgotten what they look like!

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed a new DB1C but can't find the default admin password anywhere (for the RTSP stream). It's not on the sticker on the back of the doorbell, nor anywhere on the box. I bought it in the UK. Does anyone know where I can find the password?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed a new DB1C but can't find the default admin password anywhere (for the RTSP stream). It's not on the sticker on the back of the doorbell, nor anywhere on the box. I bought it in the UK. Does anyone know where I can find the password?
I managed to find the option to change the encryption key in the Ezviz app, and have changed it to a new 8-character password. I have confirmed this password by checking "About...Device QR Code...Verification Code" in the app. But I still can't get an RTSP stream in either VLC or Blue Iris (v5).
I've tried all of these URLs:
Code:
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/?1
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/1
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/101
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&Profile_1
(there are double "/"s in the URLs above but for some reason the code formatter on this site is reducing them to single "/"s)

But Blue Iris gives me "Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0" and VLC repeatedly prompts me to enter the user id and password.

Any ideas??

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I managed to find the option to change the encryption key in the Ezviz app, and have changed it to a new 8-character password. I have confirmed this password by checking "About...Device QR Code...Verification Code" in the app. But I still can't get an RTSP stream in either VLC or Blue Iris (v5).
I've tried all of these URLs:
Code:
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/?1
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/1
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/101
rtsp:/admin:MyPassword!@192.168.1.94:554/Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&Profile_1
(there are double "/"s in the URLs above but for some reason the code formatter on this site is reducing them to single "/"s)

But Blue Iris gives me "Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0" and VLC repeatedly prompts me to enter the user id and password.

Any ideas??
Can you ping your Doorbell from the Blue Iris PC?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So your error code 8000007a in BI is stating your have the wrong Username/Password, same with VLC, this is your problem....My DB1 is case sensitive, so admin is all lowercase and my Verification Code (Only 6 Digits), which was on the back of my Doorbell is all CAPS...

1624293710028.png
HTH

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So your error code 8000007a in BI is stating your have the wrong Username/Password, same with VLC, this is your problem....My DB1 is case sensitive, so admin is all lowercase and my Verification Code (Only 6 Digits), which was on the back of my Doorbell is all CAPS...

View attachment 93105
HTH
Thanks - that doesn't work for me in VLC (I just get repeatedly prompted for the user/password).
I did notice that the original Verification code was all upper case - 6 characters - but when I changed it I was forced to enter a minimum of 8 characters, including one upper, one lower and one special character (hence I have an exclamation mark at the end of my password).

Blue Iris did say that it detected an RTSP port when it scanned the doorbell, but won't display the video stream.
???

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 93105
HTH
Can I just check that you're running the same firmware version: v5.3.0 build 201106?