Review: EZVIZ DB1C

Kaiyne

n3wb
Reaction score
Look into using the Hikvision batch configuration tool, it's a game changer! I believe you can go right into the network settings and change everything without doing that stupid reset just to change networks. You'll have to add it to the interface using that verification code first. Once it's in the list, you should see the little settings gear icon in it's row.

While you're in there, under some video/image settings is where you'll find the iframe/keyframe interval settings (for both main and sub), make sure to change those so you get around 1.0 reading in blue iris.

old sparks

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a new ipcamtalk member. I joined because I jumped on the B&H Photo DB1C deal. I bought 2 units, one for my house to replace an old hardwired AIphone video doorbell, and one for my s/o's house, well, because it was a steal of a deal.

I was going to ask what the minimum current requirement was to run these without an existing mechanical chime doorbell, but I just found two 18 vac transformers in my junkbox spec'd for 1.5 amps, so I guess my radio amateur fleamarket impulse purchases have come in handy yet again.

Shout out to the OP for the great review and all the subsequent info provided here.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Kaiyne I've been in the Hik config and while you can set an IP and gateway I see no way to control the WiFi unless I'm missing something really obvious which is certainly possible. The video controls are equally weak. Like I said, it's for the plug and pray crowd not those of us that like to tinker and fine tune.

oldman

n3wb
Reaction score
@Kaiyne I've been in the Hik config and while you can set an IP and gateway I see no way to control the WiFi unless I'm missing something really obvious which is certainly possible. The video controls are equally weak. Like I said, it's for the plug and pray crowd not those of us that like to tinker and fine tune.
Try using the EZVIZ Studio software (EZVIZ Support - Creating Easy Smart Homes) i mentioned in reply #310. It seems to have all of the settings available for the DC1C including wifi.
The wifi settings allow you to pick/enter the SID using either a scan of seen networks or manually entering. I didn't try to change mine using this, but appears that all is there to make changes more efficiently.

Just make sure to make the required mods to the config file:

"Couple of things I found was to install the EZVIZ Studio software to do the other config stuff. Not sure on the Hik-confg software but the EZVIZ Studio software with a mod to the config file works really good and allows most, if not all config settings to be made.

Download the EZVIS Studio software (EZVIZ Support - Creating Easy Smart Homes) then make the following mods to allow it to show the advanced options...

Once installed, locate the root directory of the EZVIZ install under windows, then in the config folder edit the AppConfig.ini file to include or change the following:

[LocalOperation]
Show=1

Save the Appconfig.ini in the config folder and restart EZVIZ Studio."

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I'm missing something obvious, again. All I get from the menu is to be able to configure where it saves files to. Yes, I modified the Appconfig.ini file. Not very impressed and too many hoops to make it worthwhile IMHO. Doorbell cameras just aren't "there" yet and are still at the toy level.

Kaiyne

n3wb
Reaction score
@oldman, I saw your post and I couldn't get that to work. That's when I tried the hik tool. I didn't spend much time looking at the settings, but I thought I saw wifi stuff in there, I could be wrong, but now I gotta look closer when I get home lol

oldman

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I'm missing something obvious, again. All I get from the menu is to be able to configure where it saves files to. Yes, I modified the Appconfig.ini file. Not very impressed and too many hoops to make it worthwhile IMHO. Doorbell cameras just aren't "there" yet and are still at the toy level.
You need to click on the gear icon (All Devices) in the lower left corner not the "Menu" button. It should bring up a dialog box titled "Devices under the Account". On that screen press the "Avanced" button and it should bring up the "Remote Configuration" dialog.

oldman

n3wb
Reaction score
@oldman, I saw your post and I couldn't get that to work. That's when I tried the hik tool. I didn't spend much time looking at the settings, but I thought I saw wifi stuff in there, I could be wrong, but now I gotta look closer when I get home lol
Did you edit the EZVIZ config file from the installation to include the Show=1 ??

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@oldman Thanks! That did the trick, all devices > advanced. Still no way to shut off the IR though. I've got two auxiliary IRs out there for the real cameras and really don't need the DB1C IR at all. I'm not going to take it apart to disconnect them so I'll live with spider webs.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
@oldman Thanks! That did the trick, all devices > advanced. Still not way to shut off the IR though. I've got two auxiliary IRs out there for the real cameras and really don't need the DB1C IR at all. I'm not going to take it apart to disconnect them so I'll live with spider webs.
mine runs 24/7 in color.

no ir.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I can force a 5442 to run color all night, but even that struggles due to lack of ambient light. You're lucky.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just looking for a way to get the camera to reconnect automaticlly after a power outage. So far, no bueno. I have to pull the faceplate and reset manually. Which is a royal pain. Does anyone have any tips to get this going? A security camera that goes offline at the slightest power blip is useless. I downloaded the EZVIZ Studio software, but unless I am missing something there is nothing to help me in there either.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Look back at oldman's posts, specifically #344 and #347. If you configure a fixed IP address, out of the DHCP range of your router, it should re-connect at power up.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EZVIZ Studio has the Batch Config. Tool included. You really only need the Tool to control ya'lls HIK DB. iVMS-4200 is another way to get to the DBs settings. With the DB1, it is up to the firmware what settings are available and not grayed out...

HTH

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I switched to 2.4GHz and am still seeing dropouts. Signal strength is -30dbm which is pretty strong. Like I said, the current state of doorbell cameras is still in the toy stage.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I switched to 2.4GHz and am still seeing dropouts. Signal strength is -30dbm which is pretty strong. Like I said, the current state of doorbell cameras is still in the toy stage.
-30dBm would mean your doorbell is next to the AP. As in inches away. Is that true? Even a few feet away would reduce the signal down to ~-40dBm or so.

Hell, your problem may be too strong of a signal.