Review: EZVIZ DB1C

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just remembered the name of the feature on the Nest Hello, it's called Quick Responses. Just three quick responses you can choose. Especially handy if you are in a low signal area and two-way communication is patchy, just tap the button and the doorbell plays it.

View attachment 97173
the db1c does not have this option

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New here. Have a DB1 about 18 months old. Have two issues with it and because it came thru an alarm install Ezviz won't help much on it although they did their best to help. The problem is that about 3 weeks ago the mechanical chime failed. Tech Support said they thought that the power supply kit failed. They could not sell me one but I found an identical one thru REMO. Installed it today, installed new 16V 30VA transformer last week even though the one we have seemed fine and the older RING doorbell rings the chime loudly. So today I played with it some more, downloaded EZVIZ Studio 2.1.1, restored to factory defaults, rebooted, removed, deleted from EZVIZ android app and on and on. Every IT trick I could find even ping it and it pings fine. I've written EZVIZ again to see if they can send me a link to the firmware for it, even though it shows the latest firmware on it. All other features work but it does get hot, 130F on the back. Ring g1 doorbell is back in right now but when I get the firmware I thought I would flash it again and see if that might fix it. Outdoor bell is fine but not chime indoors. Again, worked fine for 18 months although it did lose the chime a couple times before - when simply rebooting it and setting it back up again would fix that. It no longer does. I can't find any trick that brings the chime back. Also concerned about that 130F. That is like burn your hand hot.
From our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
read every thread I can find here on my carema's issue including those. Normally when a chime fails that has been working then deleting the camera, resetting and adding back fixes it but not for me this time. If the chime has never worked it can be a defective product or configuration issue.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
read every thread I can find here on my carema's issue including those. Normally when a chime fails that has been working then deleting the camera, resetting and adding back fixes it but not for me this time. If the chime has never worked it can be a defective product or configuration issue.
I assume you manually (shorted) tested the chime to make sure it works...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

this may help.... :highfive:

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
about 17.9V. Plenty of VA. The Doorbell button works outside but no longer does inside. The doorbell woke me up the night before it failed about 2am. No one was there and all the motion sensor lights off. Hasn't worked since no matter what I do or try.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
about 17.9V. Plenty of VA. The Doorbell button works outside but no longer does inside. The doorbell woke me up the night before it failed about 2am. No one was there and all the motion sensor lights off. Hasn't worked since no matter what I do or try.

when you press the button, or short it out, what does ur voltage read?

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
when you press the button, or short it out, what does ur voltage read?
Have to install it again and measure it. Waiting on Ezviz to send me a link to the current firmware version so I can reflash it in case it is a corrupted firmware install.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
who makes a 45 degree or thereabouts mount for the DB1C?
Some have used this with their DB1:

It is not a direct fit but can be modified

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Craps! Missed the deadline when I saw this post ...

I am sure there'll be an another sale somewhere on some other sites.
On Sale Again @TechBill

Last edited:

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
new DB1 installed today. It did not ring the chime but started working about an hour later on its own. This leaves only two conclusions - either there is an electronic device / battery in it that has to charge to a minimum charge, or there is a setting on the cloud that takes time to configure and sync. I am waiting on Ezviz to tell me if it is the latter.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
new DB1 installed today. It did not ring the chime but started working about an hour later on its own. This leaves only two conclusions - either there is an electronic device / battery in it that has to charge to a minimum charge, or there is a setting on the cloud that takes time to configure and sync. I am waiting on Ezviz to tell me if it is the latter.
There is definitely a battery in there, I am replacing the battery in mine to see if it will fix my issue (my DB1C will not reconnect after a power outage).

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd like to integrate my DB1C into my homeassistant setup, and have discovered the Sage Zigbee Doorbell Sensor, which is designed to connect to the Trans/Front/Rear terminals on a doorbell. I use the Ezviz wireless chime so have my DB1C connected directly to a 12V DC transformer. Could anyone advise on how/if I can insert the Sage Sensor into this setup?
For example, could I simply connect its Front and Trans connectors inline with one of the wires from my existing transformer to the DB1C?

gadutchman

n3wb
Reaction score
I started researching Video Doorbell's about two weeks ago and almost had myself convinced to order the Arlo but wasn't happy about the forever monthly subscription even though in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that expensive. Then I came across the EzViz and eventually, this thread. I had already been a fan and user of Blue Iris for my Security Cams so the revelation that I could probably integrate the DB1C with BI and have a really effective Doorbell Cam System with Security without a monthly fee was really wonderful surprise. I was jealous of the number of people on this and other DB1x message boards who bought the DB1C for around $60 when the cheapest I could find it was $98. But finally, Sunday evening I went to Amazon.com to hit buy and ran into a four hour sale where I picked up the DB1C for $54!!! ($57 w/tax and free shipping)!!! When I got it into my shopping cart and was ready to hit submit I was informed there was only 15 minutes left in the sale (otherwise I would have gotten on this board and provided a heads up)!
I received the DB1C on Wednesday and installed it on Saturday. Because of all the great info on this thread, I got a 30VA Transformer to replace my 10VA one, installed it as well as the Doorbell in about an hour. Got it integrated with Blue Iris in another 20 minutes or so and everything seems to be working great (including my existing indoor doorbell chime)! Of course, I'll be tweaking BI Motion Detection for the next year or so but that's life!

So once again, thanks to silencery and all the other very knowledgeable folks who put their hard learned experience out here for me to benefit from!!
Georgia Dutchman

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd like to integrate my DB1C into my homeassistant setup, and have discovered the Sage Zigbee Doorbell Sensor, which is designed to connect to the Trans/Front/Rear terminals on a doorbell. I use the Ezviz wireless chime so have my DB1C connected directly to a 12V DC transformer. Could anyone advise on how/if I can insert the Sage Sensor into this setup?
For example, could I simply connect its Front and Trans connectors inline with one of the wires from my existing transformer to the DB1C?
I use Sage Sensor on my DB1 (My DB1C is being shipped to me as I post this). You should be able to hook Sage sensor up as if it was a doorbell chime. You will probably need to remove the inline fuse and connect the powerkit to the doorbell circuitry.