Review: EZVIZ DB1C

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will be adding what you and SheriffWoody95 have discovered to our 101, thanks

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:
If your Doorbell is dropping signal from Blue Iris, try turning OFF Send RTSP keep-alives in Camera Settings/Video/Configure... - SheriffWoody95, gadutchman

Last edited:

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
I've given up, totally, on the DB1C. I decided to reinitialize it after changing out my router. I've spent about two hours trying to get it going again with no results and the same failure every time. It is recognized by the EZViz app and the phone does connect, but that's the end of it. It fails at trying to configure. I can't get any closer to the phone since the phone is, literally, touching the DB1C. So now it's disconnected and will be replaced with something else.
My DB1C died on me today after the chime stopped working (again). I could still see the stream in BlueIris, but when I went to reset it in the app it killed it. Tried factory reset by holding the "reset" button under the cover heard something like "reset complete" in a womans voice, and then it just flashed red once - dead since. I power cycled it, but only get two red flashes no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas what to try next?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My DB1C died on me today after the chime stopped working (again). I could still see the stream in BlueIris, but when I went to reset it in the app it killed it. Tried factory reset by holding the "reset" button under the cover heard something like "reset complete" in a womans voice, and then it just flashed red once - dead since. I power cycled it, but only get two red flashes no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas what to try next?
If it is anything like the DB1, remove power (unwire or turn breaker Off) for one hour, let battery drain. Then try again.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like after all this time Hikvision is releasing the same/similar doorbell camera (DS-HD2). Hikvision DS-HD2

Maybe their firmware will have some positive benefits.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I think my DB1C is also dying. Constant disconnects and reconnects BI is reporting. I guess I need to start looking around for something else.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well looking at the Specs, same CAM as the DB1C

This same thing happened with the DB1 and the DS-HS1

The DB1 came out first while the DS-HS1 came out about a year later sporting the better firmware which included ONVIF support.

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI, in my troubleshooting with EZVIZ with my DB1C, apparently you can update the firmware using the sdcard using .dav files such as the most recent CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR_V5.3.0+build+220802.dav
:
Code:
To upgrade firmware, you will need to prepare an empty SD card, a SD card reader and PC.

1. First please insert the SD card into the SD card reader and connect the reader to your computer

2.  save it in your SD card(When saving, please change the file name to "ezviz.dav")

3. Power off your EZVIZ device, take out the SD card from the reader and insert it back to the camera

4. Power up device again, and then wait for 3min it will complete the update process automatically.

(If the SD card will remain in the camera, please take it out and do remeber to delete the firmware before you install it again.)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, in my troubleshooting with EZVIZ with my DB1C, apparently you can update the firmware using the sdcard using .dav files such as the most recent CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR_V5.3.0+build+220802.dav
:
Code:
To upgrade firmware, you will need to prepare an empty SD card, a SD card reader and PC.

1. First please insert the SD card into the SD card reader and connect the reader to your computer

2.  save it in your SD card(When saving, please change the file name to "ezviz.dav")

3. Power off your EZVIZ device, take out the SD card from the reader and insert it back to the camera

4. Power up device again, and then wait for 3min it will complete the update process automatically.

(If the SD card will remain in the camera, please take it out and do remeber to delete the firmware before you install it again.)
Where did you get that build 220802...

mamra

n3wb
Reaction score
You saved my day with the sd card flashing..
I tried to upgrade the db1c with the hikvision ds-hd2 firmware but i had the red circle around the doorbell button and reset button didn't work.. I reflashed with the sd card ezviz latest firmware and doorbell came back online with previous settings!!

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You saved my day with the sd card flashing..
I tried to upgrade the db1c with the hikvision ds-hd2 firmware but i had the red circle around the doorbell button and reset button didn't work.. I reflashed with the sd card ezviz latest firmware and doorbell came back online with previous settings!!
May be a region issue...I know on the DB1 the EU firmware seemed to work on the US DBs but some US firmwares did not work on the EU DBs...

Where is Cy?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have a EZVIZ doorbell anymore since I gave it to my parents however I wanted to mentioned in here that I noticed there been an improvement on the app and doorbell notification / alert on the iPhone when I went over to fix my parent's doorbell issue which it was the wifi extension locking up and it needed a reboot.

My parents only have just the doorcam so I wanted to keep it simple for them and use only EZVIZ app but it look like it did have a major facelift on it and also I recommend when you go into app iPhone notification "Show Previews" setting to -> Always. My parents both in their 90's make it easier for them to see who is at door instantly when they touch the pop up notification without having to fumble to unlock the iPhone to see the previews.

leony

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know what is the voltage and current rating for this doorbell?

Basically I cannot use a transformer and would like to an adapter instead (My current doorbell has 15V and 1.2A adapter).

It doesn't have to be this particular adapter, I will only power the DB1C and nothing else.

I asked Ezviz and they are not very helpful. Many thanks.

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
When testing DB1C, I was able to run it with a 120VAC to 12VDC adapter that I had lying around from a former device, it was rated for 2A, but doubt it used anywhere near that.

leony

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. They supply a transformer kit ( at least in the UK) . Does anyone know what it is rated? So maybe I can arrange a similar plug-in AC - DC power adapter.

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. They supply a transformer kit ( at least in the UK) . Does anyone know what it is rated? So maybe I can arrange a similar plug-in AC - DC power adapter.
I would try just hooking it up to a 12v dc supply.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know what is the voltage and current rating for this doorbell?

Basically I cannot use a transformer and would like to an adapter instead (My current doorbell has 15V and 1.2A adapter).

It doesn't have to be this particular adapter, I will only power the DB1C and nothing else.

I asked Ezviz and they are not very helpful. Many thanks.
I know you have different Electrical requirements in England compared to the US but here is a general rule. If you are connecting the DB to a Mechanical/Digital) Chime you will draw more Amps. This is what has users changing out their transformers.

Here is a video that helps explain this:

We have this link in our Install Tips for the DB1 in our Doorbell 101
You may want to give it a quick read...

HTH