Review: EZVIZ DB1C

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just upgraded the firmware on my DB1C to v5.3.0. build 230403 and it seems to have broken the ONVIF stream that I was using in Blue Iris. Can anyone advise on how I can fix this, or alternatively how I can undo the firmware update?

Reaction score
I just upgraded the firmware on my DB1C to v5.3.0. build 230403 and it seems to have broken the ONVIF stream that I was using in Blue Iris. Can anyone advise on how I can fix this, or alternatively how I can undo the firmware update?
You'd need to locate and download a copy of the earlier firmware, then use EZViz Studio in Advanced mode to load that earlier firmware into the doorbell.

bjamm

n3wb
Reaction score
I just realized mine is doing the same thing and hasn't been working since Monday. It might have auto updated. I can get it to work fine in the ezviz app but my blue iris or vlc wont work on the rtsp stream. I do notice in the LAN VIEW on the app its using port 8000 to connect. Wonder if the update fixed anything or updated the link to the stream? How can i inspect my wifi traffic to see the stream my phone is viewing when its on the wifi?

bjamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Update I was able to get it working. Not sure exactly what I did but its working again :) The RTSP fix in the app is not working as it doesnt show in my app at all.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'd need to locate and download a copy of the earlier firmware, then use EZViz Studio in Advanced mode to load that earlier firmware into the doorbell.
Any tips for where previous DB1C firmware versions can be found for download?

Reaction score
You can obtain a much older firmware from the doorbell 101 post.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can obtain a much older firmware from the doorbell 101 post.
Those firmwares in the 101 are not DB1C

drmongrain

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my DB1 doorbell cam. I noticed that simply logging into the camera with the EzViz studio application and looking at the advanced camera configuration (I simply needed to go to the Network settings which still continue to show RTSP port) restored the camera's RTSP function. I just did this so I can't tell how long the feature will stick. I noticed this a couple of days ago when I first notice my NAS was no longer able to record from the camera and went in EzViz studio to downgrade the firmware, I noticed the recordings restarted minutes before I downgraded the firmware, so it had to be the EzViz studio app which kicked it back into function. Unfortunately I forgot to disabled automatic firmware upgrade and, you guessed it, firmware was upgraded and RTSP had stopped.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I should be lucky my DB1 just up an died a few months ago and I replaced it with an Amcrest before all this nonsense started happening...

JTheDoc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sadly having the same issue here too... No RTSP stream available for recording. Their latest update 230403 appears to have disabled it. I suspect EZVIZ are strong arming their customers and punishing them for using their own local system to record, instead of their cloud. You know, typical anti-consumerism.

I'm hoping there's a workaround for this, if not it'll have to be downgraded.... It'll likely update itself again regardless however. Fruitless.

Edit:

Blocked the camera from accessing the internet on the firewall, not sure it'll stop the application from updating itself however. (My stream is fed to me over RTSP via VPN anyways)

I'll see if I can use Home Assistant to do the API calls and notify my server's cctv software so I can keep the functions from their mobile app hopefully. (Such as notifications, alerts, calls). Hopefully it'll avoid me ever having to use their application ever again.

Last edited:

sharkey2

n3wb
Reaction score
just noticed Ihad the issue too, Qnap QVRPro wasn't recording since 28th June which is when I guess the doorbell upgraded to 230403.
Couldn't open stream via VLC either.
Downloaded Ezviz Studio, messed around a bit to find out how to enable 'advanced' mode. Code see that RTSP port was still 554, went to check the settings on my QNAP once more and saw thatteh QNAP had once again started recording approx 10 minutes ago.
not sure what I did that actually fixed it, I didn't change anything ????

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just noticed Ihad the issue too, Qnap QVRPro wasn't recording since 28th June which is when I guess the doorbell upgraded to 230403.
Couldn't open stream via VLC either.
Downloaded Ezviz Studio, messed around a bit to find out how to enable 'advanced' mode. Code see that RTSP port was still 554, went to check the settings on my QNAP once more and saw thatteh QNAP had once again started recording approx 10 minutes ago.
not sure what I did that actually fixed it, I didn't change anything ????
This is from our 101:

EZVIZ PC Studio; If you are unable to see NETWORK/ADVANCED Buttons here is your fix - alexdelprete

guib59

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I had to reset my db1c to default config as it appared offline in the EZVIZ app. Everything's fine now but I can't remember how to disable the internal chime of the db1c when button is pressed.
Someone knows how to ?
I managed to do it in the past when I installed the device so there is definitely a way but can't find the option in EZVIZ Studio or in Hik Batch config tool.
Thanks !

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I had to reset my db1c to default config as it appared offline in the EZVIZ app. Everything's fine now but I can't remember how to disable the internal chime of the db1c when button is pressed.
Someone knows how to ?
I managed to do it in the past when I installed the device so there is definitely a way but can't find the option in EZVIZ Studio or in Hik Batch config tool.
Thanks !
It should, or use to be, an option in the EZVIZ App.