Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you doing yours? I've got an interesting setup because my house has no attic, the overhang is kinda low so I haven't decided exactly how I want to do it, I guess if all else fails I will buy a long pole, dig a hole, fill it with concrete and mount it to that haha.
I bought this: Amazon.com: 2' FT Antenna Mast Support 2 1/8" Mast to 1 1/4" Mast Diameter Mini Satellite Roof Top TV Portable Off-Air Signal DBS DSS Dish Steel Mast Pipe Rooftop Bracket: Electronics

And this: Amazon.com: DAHUA Pole Mount Bracket, Applicable Model PFB300S, PFB300W, PFB301W, PFA120, PFA130, PFA131, PFA140, PFB300C, PFB301C, HDC-HFW3200C, IPC-HFW: Industrial & Scientific

Will buy a 2" OD length of water pipe to put in tripod.

And mount it all here: No hookers will be harmed in the mounting process.

20170101_141814_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't mind if I steal that do ya :)
Absolutely not, have at it! I will add a plastic junction box mounted behind the cam to put all the connections in, along with the 24VAC to 12VDC converter for the microphone.

Don't forget something like this to prevent leaks: Amazon.com: Skywalker Signature Series Pitch Pad Kit: Electronics

You will have to purchase smaller diameter hose clamps then the ones that come with it. The ones that come with the bracket are too big for a 2" OD pipe.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Absolutely not, have at it! I will add a plastic junction box mounted behind the cam to put all the connections in, along with the 24VAC to 12VDC converter for the microphone.

Don't forget something like this to prevent leaks: Amazon.com: Skywalker Signature Series Pitch Pad Kit: Electronics

You will have to purchase smaller diameter hose clamps then the ones that come with it. The ones that come with the bracket are too big for a 2" OD pipe.
Good call good call

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, had some time today. I've got the PTZ setup on a temp basis looking out of the garage. It's overcast, but I'll post a vid or two here in a bit. We've not seen any sun for over a week.

What settings do you want me to try out? I'll record more after dark.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, had some time today. I've got the PTZ setup on a temp basis looking out of the garage. It's overcast, but I'll post a vid or two here in a bit. We've not seen any sun for over a week.

What settings do you want me to try out? I'll record more after dark.
Are you able to control it from blue iris? I tried everything and it's only working through the web interface

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So, here are my settings and ptz controls don't work in BI lol, also this weird thing where if I run the camera at 15fps I get yellow circle in BI but if I move it to 16fps or higher it's fine, anything under nope. I'm not sure why that would be you'd think it would have issues if the fps were too high. Screen shots below.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In 008 pic, set Network IP to ONVIF.

In 007 pic set ports to Media 554, discovery 80.

In path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Double click the yellow circle at the bottom right corner of the screen, and see what the message it.

Set cam frame rate to 15, then set BI frame rate to 17 max rate in video tab

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
In 008 pic, set Network IP to ONVIF.

In 007 pic set ports to Media 554, discovery 80.

In path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Double click the yellow circle at the bottom right corner of the screen, and see what the message it.

Set cam frame rate to 15, then set BI frame rate to 17 max rate in video tab
Changing the max ftp made blue iris not angry anymore, but when I try to set the path to the one you say I get this.

Attachments

Reaction score
What BI version are you guys running? Mines 4.4.9.4 x64. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

When I had an older version of BI installed I was able to control the zoom on a varifocal Dahua, and when I updated it no longer worked.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
What BI version are you guys running? Mines 4.4.9.4 x64. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

When I had an older version of BI installed I was able to control the zoom on a varifocal Dahua, and when I updated it no longer worked.
my dahua starlight turret still zooms in and out, I am running BI 4.4.9.10 x64 windows 8.1 enterprise x64