Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got my new SD59225U-HNI up and running at my office. Tomorrow I'll get it set up with zones and such.
Pretty wild zooming in on the billboard 300 yards away and clearly seeing the the rivets on the walkway (day and night).
Would like to see a video clip of that.
That tells me you could get clear face ID at 300 yards if you can see rivets.
Any est on the max distance for facial recognition or would that be it?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like those little connectors you got I'm gonna get some of those, I thought about using network cable but tiny wires are already hard to work with, did you just strip them with a sharp knife? maybe I will try that for the final install I just used some scrap wire and hooked the same microwave pir to a zwave door sensor to make it transmit wireless to use with a starlight turret. working with small braided wire sucks though so if the wire in the network cable is solid it would probably be easier to work with lol.
I used a wire stripper. The Cat5e is solid copper and easy to work with. The connectors make it easy as well.

Ouch! $200 each? Mine just trigger a PTZ preset, so false alarms are not as critical. I haven't had any false alarms with these in the two weeks I've been testing them, and I've been sneaky. They easily work 40 feet away. The disclaimer is this has all been interior testing, and they are going outside.

SD

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used a wire stripper. The Cat5e is solid copper and easy to work with. The connectors make it easy as well.

Ouch! $200 each? Mine just trigger a PTZ preset, so false alarms are not as critical. I haven't had any false alarms with these in the two weeks I've been testing them, and I've been sneaky. They easily work 40 feet away. The disclaimer is this has all been interior testing, and they are going outside.

SD

There are many problems outside, not only sealing against weather conditions, check out this presentation

Last edited:

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you using them?
I have them connected to an alarm control unit, when someone crosses the fence of the property and approaches the house then the alarm control unit calls for a private security squad car and they come in few minutes. I have 8 of them and they cover all spots around the house.

Maybe I'll also try to use them to trigger PTZ presets.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've temporarily put mine up inside the house to test
the first thing I noticed is how many options and configurations there is!!

I'll have to get my head around dahuas interpretation of all the options having been accustomed to hikvisions menus for so long.

Out of interest what are the basic settings people are using in terms of the image or are you all using defaults lol.

I know it's a very broad question and everybody's will be different

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Rokonet Watchout sounds pretty cool tech...but they cost more each than my cameras did....:eek:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you find it compared to the Huisun in terms of speed and image quality mate. Not got my bracket yet so waiting on that and hoping to mount it at the weekend.
I haven't had much time to mess with the settings and it's basically mounted on a 3x2 wedged behind a door handle just to have a play with it.

I think on just the default settings out of the box it's more or less same as all the rest in terms of a day time image as to be expected with the 2mp.
Night image I haven't actually looked at properly just when I turned light off.
It can definitely handle lower light than the huisun which is what it should.
Can't comment on the image because to me the default settings are far to high.

It's also only mounted inside which I have found on every camera effects the picture unless you alter all the settings as by default it's looking for an outdoor environment.
Why this makes a different I don't know but it has done on every camera I've owned

What about you how you finding it??

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have them connected to an alarm control unit, when someone crosses the fence of the property and approaches the house then the alarm control unit calls for a private security squad car and they come in few minutes. I have 8 of them and they cover all spots around the house.

Maybe I'll also try to use them to trigger PTZ presets.
private security squad car and they come in few minutes >.>

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As yourself mate only tested indoors for 5 mins to make sure it works. I'm hoping my new revised bracket turns up Friday which gives me the weekend to get it mounted outside.
I am also thinking to drill the back box to suit the Huisun bracket so its a straight fit and don't need to drill new holes as they are engineering brick and so hard to drill.
Haha my house is engineering brick as well.
If you haven't got a good sds you get in trouble quick and end up with half drilled holes and arms dropping off!

Luckily I got a couple on the van but remember trying to frill the first camera mount with a bog standard drill. Oh my days that was a long hard slog!

I'm just looking through the settings now.
My temporary mount is the dogs danglies a piece of 3x2 stud timber bracket screwed into it and the timber slid snug down the back of the door handle so it's like a diy pole lol!

The Mrs isn't too happy because it's in the bedroom :D

Thinks I'm spying.
Tell you what though those ir leds are like x ray lights.

Oh by the way mine is rather noise as well I think it's the nature of the beast and using decent motors to be honest.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha my house is engineering brick as well.
If you haven't got a good sds you get in trouble quick and end up with half drilled holes and arms dropping off!

Luckily I got a couple on the van but remember trying to frill the first camera mount with a bog standard drill. Oh my days that was a long hard slog!

I'm just looking through the settings now.
My temporary mount is the dogs danglies a piece of 3x2 stud timber bracket screwed into it and the timber slid snug down the back of the door handle so it's like a diy pole lol!

The Mrs isn't too happy because it's in the bedroom :D

Thinks I'm spying.
Tell you what though those ir leds are like x ray lights.

Oh by the way mine is rather noise as well I think it's the nature of the beast and using decent motors to be honest.
testing indoors does the IR turn on and off a lot when you are looking around zooming in and out? or it is just mine, figured it's the small space, maybe the IR reflects and trips the light sensor lol.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
testing indoors does the IR turn on and off a lot when you are looking around zooming in and out? or it is just mine, figured it's the small space, maybe the IR reflects and trips the light sensor lol.
Yeah I noticed that although in the default settings the canera is set up for outdoors which I'd imagine would be why.
I flicked it to 50hz and it seemed to calm it down a lot.

I need to find that tutorial to setup ivs and tracking etc as those menus are a minefield fir a dahua newb like me!!

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are many problems outside, not only sealing against weather conditions, check out this presentation
Understandd. $1600 in PIR's, and connected to a security monitoring service? You are serious about security in Warsaw.

For $15 each, I had to try these. They are no where near as "smart" as those. I did not know when I purchased them they weren't for outdoors. I'll apply a bunch of silicone. Outdoor rated PIR's are only $30, but my solution is not mission critical. Just a preset activation.

Once we dig out and the weather warms up, I'll install. Hopefully, that is now Saturday, 3/25.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Understandd. $1600 in PIR's, and connected to a security monitoring service? You are serious about security in Warsaw.

For $15 each, I had to try these. They are no where near as "smart" as those. I did not know when I purchased them they weren't for outdoors. I'll apply a bunch of silicone. Outdoor rated PIR's are only $30, but my solution is not mission critical. Just a preset activation.

Once we dig out and the weather warms up, I'll install. Hopefully, that is now Saturday, 3/25.

SD
which outdoor ones are you talking about?

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

SD
Yup. Regarding the PIRs, I have pretty standard ones inside the house, but I just didn't want false alarms from outside PIRs so I went directly for highend PIRs. A cheap pair of shoes may only last 6 months ...
I also have a big dog which was obviously additional reason to go for Rokonet. But getting back to PTZ's, what browser do you use for a setup? I used every possible browser and the only one allowing me drawing in IVS is IE, but I have a problem with shiffted image section in IE, hence I still cannot draw. I use Windows 10 x64 with all updates. Chrome, Firefox, Edge no luck, because when I install the "video" (activex) plugin then I cannot draw, when I click on draw, nothing happens and I cannot draw.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Going slightly away from pir I was trying to find a way to use the motion detection on my 2 hikvision 2032's to trigger the ptz to a preset.

Seems that because I use the 76 series hik nvr that doesn't have the physical alarm connections you can't do it through the nvr at all due to it using the onvif protocol.
That would have been handy for me on a couple of areas.

Bit of a shame but that's the nature of the mix and match configuration I have now.

And I'm not going to or fancy going down the pc/Linux route again.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Going slightly away from pir I was trying to find a way to use the motion detection on my 2 hikvision 2032's to trigger the ptz to a preset.

Seems that because I use the 76 series hik nvr that doesn't have the physical alarm connections you can't do it through the nvr at all due to it using the onvif protocol.
That would have been handy for me on a couple of areas.

Bit of a shame but that's the nature of the mix and match configuration I have now.

And I'm not going to or fancy going down the pc/Linux route again.

why not? what about the raspberri pi route?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
why not? what about the raspberri pi route?
Why not to which bit?

If it the computer bit I was never quite happy with them and it was never a simple case of set it up and basically forget about it.
There was always something that needed a bit of adjusting and to be honest after a while it got on my nerves.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With the caveat that I have no idea what PTZ protocol is used - maybe it supports ONVIF PTZ - the Hikvision NVR firmware 3.4.90 supports 'PTZ linking' to any channel as a linkage method in the Smart Event configuration.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With the caveat that I have no idea what PTZ protocol is used - maybe it supports ONVIF PTZ - the Hikvision NVR firmware 3.4.90 supports 'PTZ linking' to any channel as a linkage method in the Smart Event configuration.
Onvif protocol is used bud.
You can set the channel to trigger any channel but that's about it as far as I can see.
I don't recall seeing the ptz linking option though and I'm sure I'm on the same firmware as you