Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is what I got when setting up the cam. Not sure if that helps any. It is setup as a generic camera.

Opening port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2017-03-31T02:22:40.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what I got when setting up the cam. Not sure if that helps any. It is setup as a generic camera.

Opening port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2017-03-31T02:22:40.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

I'm not sure if it will work, it works on a hikvision I have with built in PIR but never tested with dahua...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I really do appreciate all of your help. I would hate to have to buy the sealevel device.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed the title of your software "Batcave". Our WiFI SSID here is Batcave :)
That's what my wife calls the spot I park my car, it used to have a lot of tree branches and leaves hanging down at the end of the driveway and I would kind of back in and vanish lol and then the driveway goes all the way back and dead ends at a wooden privacy fence with the house on the left and the neighbors chainlink on the right so I named the camera that I put there Batcave because it's my little batcave haha.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm prolly gonna use a little zwave device and then trigger BI with a script from my automation system..
Man I thought we were close to getting it to work. I'm to the point of whether I just get a sealevel device or a Dahua nvr and call it a day.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Man I thought we were close to getting it to work. I'm to the point of whether I just get a sealevel device or a Dahua nvr and call it a day.
wouldn't be a bad way to go, I think I personally would be annoyed with an NVR like that but if you don't really plan on using other cameras or doing anything crazy it would probably be the easier way to go lol.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's been fun trying to learn this stuff. Which way would you go? The pir's are working flawless otherwise. I did reinstall Windows and BI and bring it back up.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's been fun trying to learn this stuff. Which way would you go? The pir's are working flawless otherwise. I did reinstall Windows and BI and bring it back up.
I like the customizability of blue iris and being able to use pretty much any cam I want, also things like different profiles so my cameras behave differently when I am home, vs not home, vs home but want cams outside to act like I am not home. since I found home automation a lot of the things I was missing with blue iris are now gone lol. the only thing I am maybe missing is if I want to wire sensors in without having to use a zwave device to talk back to my home automation but I'm sure there is some easy way to do that, connecting into the GPIO pins on the raspberry pi perhaps, I think @nayr is going something like that. I might look into that today actually, then I'd be able to do anything I can think of lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
the NVR's just seem really limited and sometimes pretty buggy as evidenced by the guys having random reboots, my BI machines have been rock solid since the beginning.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knows but I noticed in the Day & Night settings you get a choice of Electrical or ICR (Which is the default), anyone know the difference?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did a clean windows install. Just had my reoccurring error and phantom camera. I don't know what I am going to do.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
did you email ken?
Yeah I did. I installed the pss software included with the camera. It detects my pir's and gives me a verbal response. I'm walking away for now. Nothing will ship today. I'm going to do another clean install this evening of both windows and BI and redo all settings instead of importing. Then I guess I will look at the sealevel devices.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.