Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone who has got Autotracking working well who could please lend a hand in setting it up? I have been unsuccesfull after reading all relevant posts and youtube video's. I'm really lost. Anyone? The camera starts to track on detection of a tripped wire, but then it immediately loses the object it is tracking and starts spinning round.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone who has got Autotracking working well who could please lend a hand in setting it up? I have been unsuccesfull after reading all relevant posts and youtube video's. I'm really lost. Anyone? The camera starts to track on detection of a tripped wire, but then it immediately loses the object it is tracking and starts spinning round.
you probably need more space on the other side of the tripwire, mine did that before, also, nayr mentioned that intrusion seems to work better for auto tracking.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you probably need more space on the other side of the tripwire, mine did that before, also, nayr mentioned that intrusion seems to work better for auto tracking.
What do you mean by 'more space on the other side of the tripwire'?
I tried to set it up by intrusion, but that did not trigger a reaction at all.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'more space on the other side of the tripwire'?
I tried to set it up by intrusion, but that did not trigger a reaction at all.
you need a decent amount of the frame on one side, so when the object comes into the frame, the camera can pick it up, then detect it crossing the line and start tracking it. Also a screen shot of your setup would be super helpful.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone connected a Mic feed to the Camera yet?

I'd like to install a Mic by the gate which is 30ft away but the run from the gate to the PTZ would be about 120ft...

Not sure if a unpowered mic would reach that far using Cat6...?

Any suggestions or ideas?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A bigger gauge wire would help if you aren't gonna power it. Not sure about the distance though. Why not test it out real quick before doing a permanent wire job?

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A bigger gauge wire would help if you aren't gonna power it. Not sure about the distance though. Why not test it out real quick before doing a permanent wire job?
Mmm true, cat6 is only 23ga
I have some Antenna Rotator cable here that is 16-18ga which might do the trick.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you need a decent amount of the frame on one side, so when the object comes into the frame, the camera can pick it up, then detect it crossing the line and start tracking it. Also a screen shot of your setup would be super helpful.
I set up an intrusion box (screenshot 1) and in some cases it starts to track (mostly cars from the rear). In other cases (even with the same size car) it doesn't. And when it starts to track it looses the object after a few seconds and starts running wild (see my previous video samples).

screen1.JPG screen2.JPG

Also I have no idea how to set up the global IVS settings (screenshot 2).

As you can see, the settings in my camera are completely different from the settings and options in the Dahua Wiki, so the (very detailed) instructions there are useless for me.

Last edited:

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I set up an intrusion box (screenshot 1) and in some cases it starts to track (mostly cars from the rear). In other cases (even with the same size car) it doesn't. And when it starts to track it looses the object after a few seconds and starts running wild (see my previous video samples).

Also I have no idea how to set up the global IVS settings (screenshot 2).

As you can see, the settings in my camera are completely different from the settings and options in the Dahua Wiki, so the (very detailed) instructions there are useless for me.
Frank,

I'm not in front of my cameras, but there is an option somewhere for the intrusion box activation to "cross" or 'appear". I have the best tracking results with this setting set to "APPEAR"

SD

Reaction score
Frank,

I'm not in front of my cameras, but there is an option somewhere for the intrusion box activation to "cross" or 'appear". I have the best tracking results with this setting set to "APPEAR"

SD
It also has fewer false alarms as compared to using 'Trip Wire'. Intrusion for me, is the most reliable.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It also has fewer false alarms as compared to using 'Trip Wire'. Intrusion for me, is the most reliable.
I would have to agree with this. In general I have found the tripwire to be unreliable, with the object inside the green box being tracked well before the tripwire and after crossing nothing flashes to indicate it's registered the line being broken.

Intrusion is what I am now using.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Frank,

SD
Ok guys, i will stick to intrusion boxes in 'appear' mode.

But then i still experience that IVS completely misses (or sometimes looses) the object after it was detected up in the intrusion area. Could that have something to do with the Global IVS settings (my screenshot 2 in post #954 ? Or perhaps my camera is up too high? I have it temporarily mounted at around 9 meter high (about 30 feet or so)? I am planning to mount it at around 6 meter (about 20 feet up). Would that make a difference?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok guys, i will stick to intrusion boxes in 'appear' mode.

But then i still experience that IVS completely misses (or sometimes looses) the object after it was detected up in the intrusion area. Could that have something to do with the Global IVS settings (my screenshot 2 in post #954 ? Or perhaps my camera is up too high? I have it temporarily mounted at around 9 meter high (about 30 feet or so)? I am planning to mount it at around 6 meter (about 20 feet up). Would that make a difference?
make the box smaller, you probably need more room in the frame from either end of the street for the car to be detected as an object, there's hardly any room there.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Decided to order one from the below vendor.

Wired Dual PIR&Microwave Complex Outdoor Anti mask PIR Motion Detector,Pet Friendly, for Home Burglar Alarm System on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Was $5.29 cheaper, had a believable stock number, fair amount of orders and on general feedback from buyers the shipping was quite quick so what's too lose?
Just thought I should provide an update to this for anyone who might be interested. It was posted on the 19/03/2017 and received yesterday 30/03/2017 as this was my first purchase via Aliexpress 12 days seems quite fast (was shipped via ePacket).

Haven't had a real good chance to play around with it, but initial testing indoors is very positive. There's a line of dip switches which allow you to control what methods of detection are used, currently I have it so that it doesn't matter what sensor gets tripped it fires. Once I am able to get it outside and do some testing I will soon know if that setting is going to backfire or not.

I went ahead and scanned the instruction manual which is attached if anyone's interested. I personally like being able to read a manual for something before purchasing.

Watch this space... P.S. Might start a new thread instead.

Attachments

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have pir's coming today. Hoping they detect and then track the object. Will let you know how it works. Hoping to install Saturday.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Pir's came in. Have one setup. It works great. It will trip and swing to the assigned preset. But, it won't give me a trigger marker on my time line.

Anyway, this is the mock set up for my ptz. Hoping to get the camera installed Saturday or Sunday pending weather.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you have to schedule the alarm, it'll show in red on timeline

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Pir's came in. Have one setup. It works great. It will trip and swing to the assigned preset. But, it won't give me a trigger marker on my time line.

Anyway, this is the mock set up for my ptz. Hoping to get the camera installed Saturday or Sunday pending weather.

did you set this setting?

Selection_010.png