Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe @EMPIRETECANDY can help out with his contacts at Dahua
I spoke to Andy recently and asked him if there is a manual that explains the settings in the Global tab. He only has an old manual and since these cameras are so new and come with a different interface it's up to Dahua to publish an updated manual.

I feel once this happens, all these little issues will be resolved.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has that helped yours? Mine isn't horribly bad. There are quirks I do not like about the camera but I am happy with it.
I still have one on a test pole. I am still playing. Granted, tracking is not perfect. Something fast darting under the camera, and the camera loses it. So far, it does appear to help.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Frank van der Heide I've had a little play around with the alarm and presets.
I still can't 100% work out what I did but I did manage to get it sort of to work.

The only problem is it seems it only works because I have another ptz the huisun one that used hikvision protocol.

Basically what I did was take the motion alarm event from one of my cameras and used that to trigger the alarm out of the huisun ptz which then allows the dahua so be used as the trigger so you can set the dahua to go to present.

Obviously it's long winded and is only a sort of workaround if you have a ptz that uses hikvision protocol in the first place.

I am not sure if you can do it without as I haven't removed the huisun from the not to test see if the alarm in options are still there

Have a look in the web gui from the nvr and go to the event section and then the alarm in tab to see if you have anything in there

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've had mine working "ok" then I tweaked it and it went pants.
I think it will work fine but it doesn't help that dahua doesn't document what half it's settings are!

I'm still having trouble with the time again it's reset itself again!!!

Can be very frustrating.
I'll be trying to find out what I did with the present tonight for you as well
The time change itself?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you calibrate the 3D Depth of Field on the Global tab?
View attachment 17332
Is this the right way to set it up? I used 3 vertical markers (length 1.76m each) and 1 horizontal marker (length 5m) to calibrate a certain area. But i haven't seen any effect on my autotracking result (which still fails many times, especially after sunset).

IVS global setup.JPG

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah it keeps changing itself no matter how I set it.
I've tried every option and it sets correct time then after a while it reverts back to the wrong time
Did you double check the Time Zone setting? I had a similar problem that was driving me crazy. I incorrectly chose GMT +08:00 instead of GMT -08:00 due to my poor eyesight. It's hard to see that small font sometimes.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you double check the Time Zone setting? I had a similar problem that was driving me crazy. I incorrectly chose GMT +08:00 instead of GMT -08:00 due to my poor eyesight. It's hard to see that small font sometimes.
Haha yeah it's definitely set correctly just seems to keep changing itself.
Although I have managed to get it to stay correct for the last 24 hours so hopefully that's sorted

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the right way to set it up? I used 3 vertical markers (length 1.76m each) and 1 horizontal marker (length 5m) to calibrate a certain area. But i haven't seen any effect on my autotracking result (which still fails many times, especially after sunset).

View attachment 17374
looks good. Autotracking isn't 100%.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There seems to be a new 2017 firmware release:

firmware.JPG
Anyone tried it yet?

@EMPIRETECANDY Is it safe to install? And if so, which version should i use? In my country PAL is the standard, however the PTZ came with NTSC firmware installed. Can i run the PAL version of this newer firmware? Is there waranty when the firmware update bricks the camera?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There seems to be a new 2017 firmware release:

View attachment 17540
Anyone tried it yet?

@EMPIRETECANDY Is it safe to install? And if so, which version should i use? In my country PAL is the standard, however the PTZ came with NTSC firmware installed. Can i run the PAL version of this newer firmware? Is there waranty when the firmware update bricks the camera?
I installed it the other day
It definitely did something but I can't quite put my finger on what lol
Was the ptz I installed as I already have the other one albeit the ntsc version

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Funny that my cam will pick up a Robin and zoom right in and stick with it pretty well. And pretty consistently. But struggles to pick me up.

On a side note I was curious why my 2mp starlight turrets allow for a higher bitrate than the SD59? Everything being the same I top out with the SD59 before I do the turrets no matter the frame rate.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Funny that my cam will pick up a Robin and zoom right in and stick with it pretty well. And pretty consistently. But struggles to pick me up.

On a side note I was curious why my 2mp starlight turrets allow for a higher bitrate than the SD59? Everything being the same I top out with the SD59 before I do the turrets no matter the frame rate.
That's weird maybe it's to do with it being a ptz?
Or something within the firmware

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing. Just thought the cam hardware itself was similar or better and thought it would have higher specs than the similar but lower models.