Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@reeves1985 I suggest you start a new thread about this in the Hikvision area. May get more help there.

Are you certain you are pulling the main stream from the cam with the NVR, and not a substream?
Was going to say, sounds like substream 1.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was going to say, sounds like substream 1.
Yes, there is a 'Switch to main stream' 'Switch to sub stream' icon second from the right on the command bar that appears when you single-click the image in Live View matrix mode.
Can't find the icon you mention mate any chance you can take a screenshot for me so I can see where I going wrong

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Next bug:

I can't actually get the cam to keep the correct time. No matter how many times I change it it always reverts back to gmt+0
So for this time of year in UK we are on daylight saving so in affect GMT+1
It takes the change then reverts after a few minutes.

Anybody else had this?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Next bug:

I can't actually get the cam to keep the correct time. No matter how many times I change it it always reverts back to gmt+0
So for this time of year in UK we are on daylight saving so in affect GMT+1
It takes the change then reverts after a few minutes.

Anybody else had this?
nope, did you load the newest firmware.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Updates to the new firmware are as below hmfgriffon no mention of a time fix. I personally don't like updating firmware as there is always a risk you could brick it and unless it states in the release notes your problem I would leave it.

I would say its something in the NVR as I never had a problem once the time had been set in the web interface.

1、Support the auto tracking
2、Support the 60fps@1080P
3、There are 7 colors selective for the privacy masking
4、Support the H.265 encoding
probably, because mine keeps time like a cloockkk

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
T
Updates to the new firmware are as below hmfgriffon no mention of a time fix. I personally don't like updating firmware as there is always a risk you could brick it and unless it states in the release notes your problem I would leave it.

I would say its something in the NVR as I never had a problem once the time had been set in the web interface.

1、Support the auto tracking
2、Support the 60fps@1080P
3、There are 7 colors selective for the privacy masking
4、Support the H.265 encoding
The time is being set on the web gui interface .

Not sure why it keeps reverting

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't find the icon you mention mate any chance you can take a screenshot for me so I can see where I going wrong
This is on a 7816N-E2 with the 3.4.91 firmware, and is the same across all the types of connected cameras, ie Hikvision, ONVIF, Hikvision-3rd-party.
Check it out for your other cameras than the Dahua.
It's also available in the multi-camera matrix view.
I don't believe it's new to recent firmware.20170412_101046.jpg

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is on a 7816N-E2 with the 3.4.91 firmware, and is the same across all the types of connected cameras, ie Hikvision, ONVIF, Hikvision-3rd-party.
Check it out for your other cameras than the Dahua.
It's also available in the multi-camera matrix view.
I don't believe it's new to recent firmware.View attachment 17191
I definitely don't have that option on any of my cameras on the nvr bud. Even my hikvision ones haven got that icon

The icons I have are as per my screenshot above

I have all those icons but that one isn't there

bambi123

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a proper user manual for this camera? Wanted to check that it can use windows folder shares (SMB) for storage, as currently used by my Hikvision cams.

Also what is the prefered method of viewing this cam on mobile devices (android especially).

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a proper user manual for this camera? Wanted to check that it can use windows folder shares (SMB) for storage, as currently used by my Hikvision cams.

Also what is the prefered method of viewing this cam on mobile devices (android especially).
SD59225U-HNI

DOWNLOAD: User Manual Tab

DMSS for Android mobile viewing.

SD

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have experience with this.

At first I thought it not possible but somehow I've managed to get it to switch to a present when detecting movement on a fixed camera.

For the life of me can't remember how but I thought the same as you as the ptz doesn't show up as a ptz in the hik nvr alarm bit
But you can do it
I've only just mounted mine and what I talked about above was just a test so I need to set up again so will see what I did and let you know.
@reeves1985 Did you figure out what you did to make this work yet?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm getting so frustrated with this ptz. Perfect by day, useless by night. I keep trying and tuning forever, but I simply cannot get autotracking working consistantly after dawn. Tried all possible combinations of settings and in color and B&W, but it fails to track correctly most of the time.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a cam in this price range i am expecting that it just should work. Does anybody else experience bad auto tracking during the night? In my case i would set motion triggers to move to a preset but i do would appreciate that auto tracking works.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For a cam in this price range i am expecting that it just should work. Does anybody else experience bad auto tracking during the night? In my case i would set motion triggers to move to a preset but i do would appreciate that auto tracking works.
I've had mine working "ok" then I tweaked it and it went pants.
I think it will work fine but it doesn't help that dahua doesn't document what half it's settings are!

I'm still having trouble with the time again it's reset itself again!!!

Can be very frustrating.
I'll be trying to find out what I did with the present tonight for you as well

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe @EMPIRETECANDY can help out with his contacts at Dahua
Haven't heard from @EMPIRETECANDY since people are reporting this kind of issues. I agree fully that a camera of this price should work as advertised. @EMPIRETECANDY, what can we do here? I'm running most current firmware and documentation about settings in this camera is urgently needed to make it work. The Dahua wiki is completely outdated.