Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldn't send anything else. It will fall on deaf ears. You are obviously NEVER going to be happy with this camera. Just ask for a refund, like @ljw2k, and get your money back (who still has the camera by the way).

You all sound like whiny little bitches. I read that, and am not trying to track in the fucking dark.

You neophytes need to understand real word expectations, and give it a rest. Unfuckingbelievable...

SD
What the F@ck????? Why so defensive? Are we not even allowed in this forum to share our experiences? Or do i get banned for saying my mind? WTF

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What the F@ck????? Why so defensive? Are we not even allowed in this forum to share our experiences? Or do i get banned for saying my mind? WTF
I have no say in who gets banned. Just my opinion. You are here at Fenderman's, and the rest of the mods pleasure, and I don't think you've crossed any lines. You can speak your mind all you want. I'm a big boy.

You will NEVER be happy with the camera. Ask for your money back and choose another solution. It's that simple. You DON'T know what you are doing. Again my opinion.

Answer this from your previous post? I would like to know where all the advertising for these ENTERPRISE cameras are for them being able to see and track in the dark. Where is that literature? I'll fill you in. It doesn't exist, hence the enterprise label, and why Dahua doesn't sell to end users, for this reason. The support would be ridiculous, as you all have proved. As stated 100's, even many hundreds in service by pros, working as intended and within their expectations, mine included.

Do you know photography at all? A little research there would go a long way with sensors and size, lens speed and F-Stops. But forgive me if you shelled out $500 expecting $1200 performance. Just get the Yunch or the 6DAE240V-HNI (yeah, right).

Please, just get a refund and send the camera back. Andy will politely refund your money and you can let us all know how the Yunch works out. These obviously aren't for you. You fucked with so many settings now that I gather you will never get it back to good, let alone something you're ever going to be happy with. I did like you walking down the block though...............

SD

Last edited:

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have no say in who gets banned. Just my opinion. You are here at Fenderman's, and the rest of the mods pleasure, and I don't think you've crossed any lines. You can speak your mind all you want. I'm a big boy.

You will NEVER be happy with the camera. Ask for your money and choose another solution. It's that simple. You DON'T know what you are doing. Again my opinion.

Answer this from your previous post? I would like to know where all the advertising for these ENTERPRISE cameras are for them being able to see and track in the dark. Where is that literature? I'll fill you in. It doesn't exist, hence the enterprise label, and why Dahua doesn't sell to end users, for this reason. The support would be ridiculous, as you all have proved. As stated 100's, even many hundreds in service by pros, working as intended and within their expectations, mine included.

Do you know photography at all? A little research there would go a long way with sensors and size, lens speed and F-Stops. But forgive me if you shelled out $500 expecting $1200 performance. Just get the Yunch or the 6DAE240V-HNI (yeah, right).

Please, just get a refund and send the camera back. Andy will politely refund your money and you can let us all know how the Yunch works out. These obviously aren't for you. You fucked with so many settings now that I gather you will never get it back to good, let alone something you're ever going to be happy with. I did like you walking down the block though...............

SD
Whatever.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, this went down hill fast. Solar Deity, the man is entitled to express his opinion. I had no idea what to think when buying this camera. Maybe my expectations were higher. I'm new to this and absolutely trust, respect, and very much like Andy. We converse frequently. I am learning every day and find nothing wrong with questioning if the quality or results is normal or able to be improved upon. I was given suggestions on how to get better results from Andy and we are working on it. People come here to learn. We all don't come from the same backgrounds or have the same experience. But many of us took recommendations from complete strangers that we have learned to trust and enjoy talking to. I don't see the need for us to be traveling down this path. Fuck it! What do I know? I just like 99% of the people on here. Probably 99.999%

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And on to a lighter subject. Mowing my shitty ass yard. What a mess after we knocked 8 huge trees down around my house this winter. Tracking was spot on. Actually cut the video short.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's good stuff. My wife thinks the grass is high when the dandelions pop through. So I do it to make her happy. But it is fun. I did drive fire engines for a living. Those days are long gone but have to have some fun.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is not really helping ;-( I expected such a reply already. It gives me al the more reason to think that I made the wrong decision buying this PTZ. I don't see a solution coming from that engineer any time soon.
I do NOT want to use IR illuminators as i bought a low light camera. I do NOT want to use InfraRed at all! I wish to use this camera with full colour and autotracking, since those are the main reasons why i bought this thing in the first place. If it's not working as advertised, I expect a refund so i can return the camera to Andy.
I think we have to take the cams back, and refund you @Frank van der Heide. As talked this is not defective, This camera can't meet your requirement, so we have to help you solve this.And @ljw2k we refund his money last month(He said as a defective one) and the cam now in NL, also install them again, my client also a guy at CCTV for more than 10years, said it's a great camera after testing. But whatever, i can do as good as i can. This camera still a very nice model for security purpose. SD59XX still dahua's best series and this model we sold 20-30pcs per week. This forum is a nice place, can't make it a place full of angry and complaint. lol~
Thanks all guys' support.

Andy

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lol there is poison branches in front of the nest and it screwed with the focus so was manually focusing. I actually feel bad because it was a lush green poison patch and when I sprayed it the robin flew out. So I essentially agent oranged their home.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think we have to take the cams back, and refund you @Frank van der Heide. As talked this is not defective, This camera can't meet your requirement, so we have to help you solve this.And @ljw2k we refund his money last month(He said as a defective one) and the cam now in NL, also install them again, my client also a guy at CCTV for more than 10years, said it's a great camera after testing. But whatever, i can do as good as i can. This camera still a very nice model for security purpose. SD59XX still dahua's best series and this model we sold 20-30pcs per week. This forum is a nice place, can't make it a place full of angry and complaint. lol~
Thanks all guys' support.

Andy
Hi Andy, that's what i call great service. Is it perhaps possible for your client in NL to help me out with configuring this PTZ? I would like to give that a try before returning it. I'm still hoping for a firmware solution. I am now on the September 2016 firmware, only because it didn't zoom more than 2x in the March 2017 firmware. If an upcoming firmware version (newer than March 2017) would solve that, perhaps your contact in NL can assist me to set it up? I would prefer that before sending it back.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a 59225U-HNI and very happy with it. I do not use autotracking, just to zoom and pan around when needed. Most of the time it is used for LPR in different positions. I can see ants crawling on my neighbors white fence 200' away. Also VERY happy with Andy's service. I think he goes up and beyond to keep some people happy.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just ignore it. There's a few "Dahua fanboys" around here that take it personal when someone has an issue with a Dahua unit or say something positive about another brand. They attacked me recently in another thread on the cheaper Dahua dome when I had problems. Just ignore it and don't be discouraged from seeking a solution to the problems you face.

As far as the focus issue goes, these things really struggle with focus in low light. The autofocus is much slower than the Yunch/Huisun/Imporx regardless of lighting, but the differences become particularly extreme in low light. Many of my night shots, the autofocus will hunt around for eternity until finally giving up and I'll have to manually focus. You can try different "focus limit" settings, but I seriously doubt you'll be able to get proper autofocus at night while in the autotracking mode. It's just too slow.

I would highly recommend going with the Yunch and being done with it rather than holding out hope for a firmware fix on this unit. I really believe this is a hardware limitation. The lens motors are just too slow to handle this type of operation, especially at night. The Yunch is faster and will be your best hope at autotracking at night.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am happy with the camera for the price I paid especially @ less than 1/2 the price of the Dahua. Reliability unsure but comes with a 2 year warranty and Jack has been brilliant with me very polite unlike some Chinese sellers!. Only time will tell in regards to reliability. I see it if it lasts 2 years then it's been £200 well spent. As you can see from my videos they aren't bad and a lot better than some so called toy cameras. The main thing is you can have the so called best camera on the market but if it don't capture the moment it might as well be in the bin and that's where my last camera nearly ended up.

Noise was also a factor for me as I live in a terraced town house and the camera I have now is whisper quiet where the last one I had was unusable at night as it woke the wife the neighbour and the street up with the horrific noise of the motors while panning.

Frank I tried turning on the auto tracking at night for a few moments and did not see it track unless the settings needed tweaking more but I will not be using Auto tracking feature anyway so don't bother me.Below is another quick video sample of this toy camera capturing moving cars and moving people at night same lighting conditions as the Dahua Pro model I sent back because it would not capture this type of image of moving objects and focus issues.

I have sorted the slow focus at night time on this model as it just needed setting to INFINITY and AUTO focus in menu and now its very quick near instant as you can see from the sample below.

Mate, was this on autotracking?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I changed from auto focus to semi auto. A default setting I believe. Since then been more responsive and haven't duplicated it. Yes, preset tripped by a pir.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy asked me to post this for the benefit of @Frank van der Heide, @Hound Dog 911, and @ljw2k, because he cares and wants to help. Maybe I was too harsh in my earlier statements.....?

For starters, I've been running the September, 2016 firmware on three of these with excellent results.

IMG_5436.JPG

Second, for the best auto tracking results, you have to calibrate your scene in the global IVS tab, for each preset. There are no instructions, so here goes.

Global Calibration Screens 2 Web.jpg Global Calibration Screens Web.jpg

Measure a known portion of your scene for best results. You add a calibration from the global IVS tab, then draw a box on your preset scene. Edit the box to known dimensions from your measurements. It's easiest to draw when in full screen. A double click on the small view to the left will make it full screen. You then need to add 1 horizontal ruler and three vertical rulers of known distances. It's best to vary the ruler lengths, unlike my examples above. In the example with the mailbox, I would make the vertical rulers .5 meters, 1 meter and 1.5 meters respectively. You HAVE to click inside the box for the rulers to appear and save. You can edit the lengths (full screen is best for this) after you set them inside the calibration box. Try to be as accurate as practical. I paced mine off. I wasn't out there with a ruler!

I am not in front of my camera GUI so I will post the other settings from the global IVS tab ASAP, when I get home from work. Anti Disturb is off, along with Shadow Scene. I left the sensitivity at 5, as It got wonky at higher settings, and sometimes didn't even track at lower settings. I'll post the Tracking Overlap, Tracking Distance and the Tracking Time sliders for you all.

Lastly, here are some tracking demos of Fed Ex and the Mailman. The tracking is smooth and framed and works for my purposes. I get license plates regularly. They are in the day, and through a double paned window, and I ran out of glass real estate. I realize you guys want night tracking, but I'm still in a temporary setting as the weather has not cooperated to install the 14 cameras (3 homes) with the lift. I will install one of these SD59's outside tonight and get some install pictures as well. Then we can get some real tracking demos.

SD

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because he's showing how Andy recommends setting up the advanced settings to improve its accuracy. Which should help with night time tracking.