Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you want it to stay reasonably in focus while moving, then you need a cam with faster auto focus. You've got to have an extremely fast focus motor for what you're trying to do and this cam just doesn't have that.
Yeah, that's about what i got out of Andy also. This PTZ is just not up to the task :(. According to Andy I can have what i want when i buy a PTZ worth 1400 USD. No way I'm going to spend such an amount for a PTZ. I would like to take that PTZ for a spin though, @EMPIRETECANDY. Any chance for a testride, Andy? :winktongue: I will give it a good review in this forum.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it tracks ok, i think it is not bad at all. Sure i see the focus issue, but that catches up in the end it seems.
Perhaps you expect too much for $550 or whatever it costs ?

I see it more that you get autotracking for like $200 more than the 49225 unit. (Also a pro vs a lite series, and 50% more ir, faster pan and tilt.)

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is Auto tracking but like the Dahua not that good being honest and unless you pay £1000 plus forget AT.
True, any cheaper auto tracking is going to be less than reliable, but does it work as good as the Dahua? The focus issues with what Frank has now makes it rather unusable, so seems like if the Yunch will auto track any at all, it would at least be fast enough on focus to give a usable video when it works?

Dytryn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But if that still has issues.
Factory reset and load the firmware from here: SD59225U-HNI

[NTSC]DH_SD-Eos_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.422.0000.8.R.20170315
[PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.20.R.170116
I have updated my camera to these files and still cannot access the IVS features though everything else is working great. Within the Chrome plugin I get to the IVS page but then it won't let me draw the tripwires on the screen. So, I tried with Firefox and cannot load the plugin as the system keeps rejecting it. I even tried following the video which instructs how to modify the Firefox settings to enable the plugin but still nothing. I've now spent several hours and haven't gotten anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I only tried it for 5 mins to test when I had the older Sony IMX233 module fitted and being honest yes it worked 50% of the time ( At Best ) especially if fast moving.
Night Time I could not get it working full stop.

I have not tried it since I fitted the new Sony IMX291 as the Auto tracking Button in the web browser disappeared but Jack reckons Call Preset 89 works but never for me. As I was not bothered about AT it really didn't bother me if it worked or it didn't.

Will have a closer look for you next week when I get a minute and Jack can tell me how to get it working, I will also try night time with this new sensor also but I wouldn't hold your breath thinking it will be a solution for you as you need to get that Dutch wallet out and get the £1000 plus model.
Would be interesting to see. Given the better low light performance of the newer sensor, seems like it should do better auto tracking at night. Usually Preset 95 will bring up the on screen display and it may have auto tracking as one of the options in there.

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have updated my camera to these files and still cannot access the IVS features though everything else is working great. Within the Chrome plugin I get to the IVS page but then it won't let me draw the tripwires on the screen. So, I tried with Firefox and cannot load the plugin as the system keeps rejecting it. I even tried following the video which instructs how to modify the Firefox settings to enable the plugin but still nothing. I've now spent several hours and haven't gotten anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Internet Explorer (not Edge) works for me, or using the IETab add-on in Chrome. Otherwise I am in the same situation as you are.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Preset 95 does indeed fetch the OSD but no options for AT I'm afraid . I will speak to Jack and find out later in the week.
Interesting...If it's not in there, then I would suspect the module he sent you is one that doesn't support AT..Otherwise, it should be listed in the main OSD...Will be interesting to hear what he says whenever you speak to him.

Dytryn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Internet Explorer (not Edge) works for me, or using the IETab add-on in Chrome. Otherwise I am in the same situation as you are.
No go either. When I open the ip in ie it says to download the plugin which brings me right back to Chrome.

Dytryn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I use the ie extension in Chrome I can actually see a live stream. However, when I hit the setup tab I get a blank page. Really ridiculous.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will do mate and yes the slowest shutter speed is still 1/25 , jack also tells me the engineers are now working on completing a firmware update for better picture quality and I must say I think it's ok now so excited to see what improvements.

I have asked for a much better white balance option as florescent light setting as the lights outside my house at the moment are those horrible Yellow street lights which play havoc with any lens.The local council state by 2018 all my town should have the new brighter whiter LED type so looking forward to that.
Have you tried manual white balance? Maybe you can find a specific value that will look decent at night. Typically when we refer to florescent white balance, it's designed to remove blue shades from very cold color temperature lighting. In your case, this may not be the best option as with yellow light, you would probably want to increase the blue and decrease red. Seems to me you may have better luck with an "incandescent" or "indoor" setting, if available....Granted, it's possible that these are all just fixed red and blue values that could be attained with a manual white balance setting.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just installed my SD6AE240V-HNI last night (finally!). It's up and operating, is super sweet & by far superior, as it should be. As it was 11 PM and I was getting eaten by mosquitoes, I don't have footage, but will tonight. I like the look a lot better than the SD59 with it being all white.

Expensive, but my wife's peace of mind has no $$ limit. ;)

SD

PS. A little sidebar. My neighbor is a Dahua partner. He cannot even get this camera yet, but it's listed on his price sheet. Read this:

Retail: $3499
MAP: $2799
USA Dealer Cost: $1899. (Add shipping to that number as well)

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hoping on some footage SD. How is it sound wise in terms of moving sounds?
It is much quieter than the SD59's. You really can't hear it move mounted 20 feet (6 meters) up in the air on the corner. I'll get some install pics today. i was beat and had to be up at 4:30 AM for work.

The tracking is superior as well. I could trick the SD59 by moving one way, and quickly moving the other, or walking directly underneath it. The SD6AE, not so. It doesn't lose you. Also has manual tracking in the firmware. Any live view scene, you can draw a box around an object, and it will track that object until you click it off.

SD

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is much quieter than the SD59's. You really can't hear it move mounted 20 feet (6 meters) up in the air on the corner. I'll get some install pics today. i was beat and had to be up at 4:30 AM for work.

The tracking is superior as well. I could trick the SD59 by moving one way, and quickly moving the other, or walking directly underneath it. The SD6AE, not so. It doesn't lose you. Also has manual tracking in the firmware. Any live view scene, you can draw a box around an object, and it will track that object until you click it off.

SD
FYI: The live scene tracking box is available on the SD59 in the webgui.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just installed my SD6AE240V-HNI last night (finally!). It's up and operating, is super sweet & by far superior, as it should be. As it was 11 PM and I was getting eaten by mosquitoes, I don't have footage, but will tonight. I like the look a lot better than the SD59 with it being all white.

Expensive, but my wife's peace of mind has no $$ limit. ;)

SD

PS. A little sidebar. My neighbor is a Dahua partner. He cannot even get this camera yet, but it's listed on his price sheet. Read this:

Retail: $3499
MAP: $2799
USA Dealer Cost: $1899. (Add shipping to that number as well)
So, what did you pay for it with Andy?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI: The live scene tracking box is available on the SD59 in the webgui.
Thanks @looney2ns. Must be part of the newest firmware? I did notice he 6AE doesn't have the global tab for IVS any longer, but the three SD59's I administer do have the global tab. I've left them all on the 9/16 firmware because it works well, without issue. Good to know, but I don't think I'll be updating the firmware too soon, they work so well.

SD