Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. After initial install, I could hear PTZ moving @ 20 meters on a quiet night. Noise was mostly caused by the way I mounted camera.
PTZ is mounted on RHS so sound travelled through entire shed framework. I don't hear much now with rubber backing :)
I intend to mount mine on wood soffit with rubber backing. Predict any problems? It’s right outside a bedroom window.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have installed rubber backing, like 1/4" thick.The only thing I can hear, is the motor belt noise, that it creates as it moves. Sounds like some kind of music.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
The rubber I used was 1/2". Super heavy duty. I believe it was the rubber mats used in newspaper printing presses.I got heaps of it given to me years ago, along with the metal sheets.
So, who's up for some dumpster diving @ your local newspaper? You could end up staring in one of (NHM) Nigh Hawk's videos. :D

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem is still there, since screws transmit sound as well, but is not that bad, with rubber. My camera in on the garage.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those rubber isolators look good, most likely the best option. I would use a security strap/wire since it is much easier to steal it this way.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have read almost all pages of this thread(there are quite a few), so please accept my apologises if somebody has already said this.

Recently bought a SD49225XA-HNR from Andy, and looking at the mounting bracket thought it might fit my SD59230U-HNI, so tried it , and yes it does. So if you want a nice compact mounting bracket compared to the standard bracket. Try PFB305W .
Might not be listed for SD59230 for weight ?, but feels sturdy enough to me unless you've strung somebody up on it, or you live in Hurricane Ally.
Standard PFB305W
Swan neck.jpgStraight.jpgSwan neck side.jpgStraight side.jpgWires.jpg

Not the best pictures I'm afraid , but looks much neater in real life. Just need to replace allen key bolts with grub srews.
Is mounted to my test mount, but this would not be needed with PFB305W as there is room for wires and comes with seal(not shown)
Unlike some similar brackets, does not use the screw adaptor, so saves a bit more room.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks way better, great job. I'm not using that monstrosity either. If anybody needs it in the LA CA area, I can give them for free.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How well are these PTZ's holding up to the elements, especially in icy cold snow-frost weather?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How well are these PTZ's holding up to the elements, especially in icy cold snow-frost weather?
i have one in michigan right now. No problems with ice or cold. But quite frankly - the auto tracking on this thing is horrible. It doesn’t follow people correctly. Sometimes it just spins in a circle for no reason. It’s a disaster. I’m about to rip it off my house and replace it with a less obnoxiously sized camera that I know will work better.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll be more than happy to buy it from you :lol: PM me

i have one in michigan right now. No problems with ice or cold. But quite frankly - the auto tracking on this thing is horrible. It doesn’t follow people correctly. Sometimes it just spins in a circle for no reason. It’s a disaster. I’m about to rip it off my house and replace it with a less obnoxiously sized camera that I know will work better.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Like this?