Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by looney2ns, Dec 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Tibor Makai

Tibor Makai Young grasshopper

My dash cam does this, once in a while. It let's me know about the issue, though. After I format it, it works again for months.

2. CCTVCam

CCTVCam Pulling my weight

So it looks as if you were having the same issues as I reported are seen with dashcams. Wonder if this is due to partitions being corrupted by retired sectors? Who knows. Interesting and useful to know that occasionally these cards need to be reformatted.

3. reverend

reverend Pulling my weight

We just had a power cut here and after checking everything as it's come back up the 59225 on latest firmware has lost half of it's settings.

Things like time zone config and NTP, OSD, IVS config etc all gone back to defaults yet some other settings such as user and network are all there.

Bizarrely the PTZ1A225U-IRA is also on the same firmware but that has come back as expected.

looney2ns likes this.
  4. tibimakai

tibimakai Getting the hang of it

You should have a UPS battery backup, to keep the system alive in cases like this.

5. reverend

I do - it wasn't big enough to keep everything online long enough during the outage

6. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

Is this the only issue so far with the current firmware? Are you generally happy with the firmware?

7. Tibor Makai

Tibor Makai Young grasshopper

This is the question, that the seller sent me:
    hello dear,thanks for your order,please answer my question;
    1 , can we send by DHL to you?for free ,it will arrivel about 3-5days
    2 ,do you need us declare low price? how much?

8. reverend

Other than the power down issue yes it's definitely better for me as the admin interface doesn't crash when I'm using microSD storage :highfive:

I just jumped on the camera and realised that as soon as I recreated the Home position the IVS rules came back- strange!

I'm still seeing Blue Iris report higher disconnects for the 59225 than any other camera but it has to be something at this end specific to the 59225 as the PTZ1A225 isn't showing that problem. Hoping for some good weather and free time to play with that to flush it out :)

looney2ns likes this.
  9. dabossc7

dabossc7 Young grasshopper

anyone having an issue with auto tracking zooming in way to far that its useless, I think it happened when I checked the facial recognition box to try it out noticed before it used to bracket and follow a car or person pretty good as far as zoom goes but even when I unchecked facial box it zooms in so far it cant track and just zooms into the ground or tree bark etc. tried a few reboots and running 6/2018 version just not really wanting to do a default setting thing

10. Cameraguy

Cameraguy Getting comfortable

Not here.. but I dont dare touch anything cause I have it just the way I want it

dabossc7 likes this.
  11. cuistots

cuistots n3wb

Hello i have the same issue.

12. dabossc7

just downloaded it to my 59925 was a little hesitant says it was for a sd6al245u-hni let you know in a few days, camera is working but its only been 5 minutes :smash:also installed new V3.02.85.RHNT_17_22722 from my old ptz version of 2.300.0000000.10.rhnt_170926_24381 so that might of fixed my zoom issues also

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM
    Cameraguy likes this.
  13. dabossc7

Has anyone reverted back 2 or 3 firmware/ptz versions successfully?