Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep in mind - another downside to these PTZs are they are more zoomed in than a normal camera no matter what. So the field of vision is quite a bit smaller than a normal 2.8 camera.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here’s a prime example of how whack my PTZ is:

Im not alone! Confirmed.. shitty logic. Disappointing since I am always talking about how good my Dahuas have been. Ive tried everything and every setting. Just isn't going to work.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im not alone! Confirmed.. shitty logic. Disappointing since I am always talking about how good my Dahuas have been. Ive tried everything and every setting. Just isn't going to work.
Yeah, I noticed yours takes quite some time to start the actual tracking process - as does mine.

My question is - did we get faulty PTZ's - or is this normal behavior?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed yours takes quite some time to start the actual tracking process - as does mine.

My question is - did we get faulty PTZ's - or is this normal behavior?
My brother has the same camera, same vendor, bought a week prior to me. Id say its a design issue.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's see your ivs screen shot

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can try I'd say a little further in but its trial and error. Just take pictures each time. So you know what was better or worse. It will work if you get it set properly
I mean - I get what you're saying - but this is not a very wide view in the first place here... limiting it's intrusion box anymore and this things just worthless - I may as well put up a normal camera.

In my opinion - I just don't think this camera is good for this space. It may work better for you because you seem to have a bit of property, but in suburbia where I live - up close has been nothing but headaches. I shouldn't have to play with these settings like this - Dahua should put out a PTZ with autotracking that works.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I mean - I get what you're saying - but this is not a very wide view in the first place here... limiting it's intrusion box anymore and this things just worthless - I may as well put up a normal camera.

In my opinion - I just don't think this camera is good for this space. It may work better for you because you seem to have a bit of property, but in suburbia where I live - up close has been nothing but headaches. I shouldn't have to play with these settings like this - Dahua should put out a PTZ with autotracking that works.
Well it's worth a try

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm about to install a Dahua sd5a445xa-hnr I bought off Andy. Will post footage soon

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

Yea man cause you should be able to just pull the camera from box, slap it to house and it magical works perfectly. Hahaha nothing in life is easy