Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Few things here, its not a 300 dollar doorbell. The package including doorbell, poe switch and indoor monitor is about 275. The doorbell itself is only 150 or so. The dahua has a diagonal viewing angle of 180 degrees while the yoosee only 150. This allows you to better see packages on the floor. They actually picked a very right lens. Fisheye is only an issue for folks with OCD. The build quality on the dahua is significantly better than the yoosee and using the dahua vto eventhandler to trigger mqtt, you have unlimited possibilities.
All good points! Clarification on the camera viewing angles from the specs: 160° (Horz) x 92 (Vert). @looney2ns also mentioned a 140° (Horz) option is available.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All good points! Clarification on the camera viewing angles from the specs: 160° (Horz) x 92 (Vert). @looney2ns also mentioned a 140° (Horz) option is available.
Typo on the Verticle viewing angle, should read 82° (Vert).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The numbers are correct that dahua has a 180 fov and the yoosee 150. I am using the diagonal fov's as that is the only number yoosee provides. Dahua provides diagonal and H/V

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The numbers are correct that dahua has a 180 fov and the yoosee 150. I am using the diagonal fov's as that is the only number yoosee provides. Dahua provides diagonal and H/V
Crappy Yoosee specs, the 150° Diag means nothing without the Horz & Vert specs.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Few things here, its not a 300 dollar doorbell. The package including doorbell, poe switch and indoor monitor is about 275. The doorbell itself is only 150 or so. The dahua has a diagonal viewing angle of 180 degrees while the yoosee only 150. This allows you to better see packages on the floor. They actually picked a very right lens. Fisheye is only an issue for folks with OCD. The build quality on the dahua is significantly better than the yoosee and using the dahua vto eventhandler to trigger mqtt, you have unlimited possibilities.
Thanks for the info. The mqtt would probably work with the Hubitat Evaluation hub.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
If this device became GA 3 years ago, I would have opted for this gem instead of my VTO2000A kit... Thanks for sharing your review!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
are not all fish eye lenses this way?

It's part lens and part software. 360 degree action cameras are fitted with 2x 180 degree lenses (fisheyes) and yet can produce very flat distortion free images. Some of that comes from the software and some from the lens which are low distortion enabling any distortion to be ironed out by the software. An example of how far behind the CCTV industry is on this given many of these cameras have been out years.

eg. of one a couple of years old, the Insta 360 1X:

Note it can produce distorted images if required but also very flat low distortion images. For CCTV manufacturer's purposes, only 1 lens would be required as CCTV doesn't need to see the wall behind. It's a pity manufacturers haven't embraced this tech to produce distortion free doorbell images. A 1440P sensor and a single lens should be equivalent to one of these cameras and 1440P can be found in starlight+.

Skip this to 53 secs approx to avoid the intro rubbish and make sure you set quality to 1080P:

Reaction score
Received my kit today. Tried to do a fast quick setup. That little piece of paper gave me a headache. May try again tomorrow to read more slowly.
I think I have the config stuff setup right except when I try to monitor the VTO, it says "network abnormal monitor failure". So maybe config is not right. Ug.
Tried to find a video on setting this thing up... only 1 YouTube video was found. DIdn't help much. Ah well...will try again tomorrow.
VTH version is : 20191209 v4.400.0000000.7.R
VTO version is: 2020-02-21 V4.410.0000000.4.R Security Baseline Version: v2.0
I can log into the VTO and see the livestream camera image, so at least I know the camera works :)

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set both back to factory defaults with the reset buttons.
Hook them up, wait a couple of minutes, then setup the VTH and select the Quick setup. Then just cancel out of that window when it's finished. They should be talking.

If not, unplug the VTO, and go into the VTH and change the IP away from 192.168.1.108

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Received my kit today. Tried to do a fast quick setup. That little piece of paper gave me a headache. May try again tomorrow to read more slowly.
I think I have the config stuff setup right except when I try to monitor the VTO, it says "network abnormal monitor failure". So maybe config is not right. Ug.
Tried to find a video on setting this thing up... only 1 YouTube video was found. DIdn't help much. Ah well...will try again tomorrow.
VTH version is : 20191209 v4.400.0000000.7.R
VTO version is: 2020-02-21 V4.410.0000000.4.R Security Baseline Version: v2.0
I can log into the VTO and see the livestream camera image, so at least I know the camera works :)
In the sip settings enter you new password for the vto

myy

n3wb
Reaction score
So if one were to only go with the doorbell unit itself and plan to use the Mobile App for notifications while being gone, can you have the existing manual doorbell chime still function while home?

Last edited:
Reaction score
sadness. I bricked the VTH. Downloaded latest/greatest firmwares from Dahua website. VTO did both normal.bin and language.bin file. Did the normal.bin for VTH, but after the language.bin firmware update...it flashed "Welcome" and reboots over and over again. Never bricked anything for a firmware update in 51 years so this is new to me. Took a gander at some resolutions here on IPTC about Dahua cam bricks. Ug. My brain hurts, again.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
sadness. I bricked the VTH. Downloaded latest/greatest firmwares from Dahua website. VTO did both normal.bin and language.bin file. Did the normal.bin for VTH, but after the language.bin firmware update...it flashed "Welcome" and reboots over and over again. Never bricked anything for a firmware update in 51 years so this is new to me. Took a gander at some resolutions here on IPTC about Dahua cam bricks. Ug. My brain hurts, again.
Let me check if have any way to bring it back. You are using VDP configure tool to make the update ?