Review-Loryta OEM 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret Network 4mm lens & Junction Box

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you post a video or screenshot during the night without any lights on, I want to see if you still get the night color.

Jaime-Cam

n3wb
Reaction score
Got my cams from @EMPIRETECANDY a few days ago and installed one of the 4mm ColorVu cameras. I'm seriously impressed. Looks way better at night than the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z I had there. Granted, it may not have had the best settings, but I haven't done much with the ColorVu other than set it to 1/60 sec exposure (vs 1/30 in the 5231), 100% gain, and center BLC. Only light sources are the small solar light on top of the garage and the street light in the background. This is in a city block in Los Angeles so there's plenty of ambient light.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z, 1/30s
5231.jpg

IPC-T2347G-LU 4mm, 1/60s
colorvu.jpg

Last edited:

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if that time is accurate and it's almost 11pm - I am truly impressed. I really thought it was an afternoon shot wondering why the garage light was on - LOL.
The setting on that 5231 must have been way different though as I have seen many pics of 5231 shots that were much better - but still they didn't look like it was daylight at the neighbors 200 yards away.
Very Nice.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got my cams from @EMPIRETECANDY a few days ago and installed one of the 4mm ColorVu cameras. I'm seriously impressed. Looks way better at night than the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z I had there. Granted, it may not have had the best settings, but I haven't done much with the ColorVu other than set it to 1/60 sec exposure (vs 1/30 in the 5231), 100% gain, and center BLC. Only light sources are the small solar light on top of the garage and the street light in the background. This is in a city block in Los Angeles so there's plenty of ambient light.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z, 1/30s
View attachment 59740

IPC-T2347G-LU 4mm, 1/60s
View attachment 59741
Still pics don't tell the story, how does it look with someone walking or running through.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

IPC-HDW5231R-Z, 1/30s
View attachment 59740

IPC-T2347G-LU 4mm, 1/60s
View attachment 59741
I thought the 2nd pic is 10:46am , lol.

winderic

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested on the camera. Could you let me know if the white led can set to turn on during event or motion? Or is just off and on setting only? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you let me know if the white led can set to turn on during event or motion?
No, they still don't do that even on the 30Apr 5.6.5 firmware.
@EMPIRETECANDY did hint that Hikvision have thought to add this potentially useful feature, but no timescale indications.
See a bit more about functionality here :

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No, they still don't do that even on the 30Apr 5.6.5 firmware.
@EMPIRETECANDY did hint that Hikvision have thought to add this potentially useful feature, but no timescale indications.
See a bit more about functionality here :
I will ask them tomorrow.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed the Hik colourVu cameras way back last year when they were first released. I recently noticed watching some playback of the cams during the night, the leds are switching on and off for several seconds At random times. Just wondering if this is a fault with the leds that is starting to arise and has anyone else noticed this?

just2bad

n3wb
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. Just some quick observations, both positive and negative with a few points maybe for Dahua to address:

1. The compression looks great - detail retained on the fussy paving slabs - no signs of artefacts at 1st glance

2. Felt the picture looked a bit soft for 4mp when looking across the road at the vehicles and also your post box - could just be the poor lighting from the storm or focus adjustment or maybe a little soft out of the box:

Loryta.jpg

3. After the 1st rain storm, the top and right hand side of the camera lens seemed to fog, I take it from this there was either some moisture ingress or it's so cold it needs some form of heater (I always though a mild form of heating was built in these days).

Loryta 2.jpg