Review- New Design Tendelux 10 Watt IR illuminator.

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the wall wart exposed to rain or is it protected?
It is protected in the house. I tested it, and it is still putting out 24v. I'll test it at the unit tomorrow, but I bet it's good there too.

Reaction score
They’re a man made product subject to fail like anything else. I do agree they should last longer than 2 months, but I have a few still going strong since August of 2022. Some are slightly under cover, one that’s fully exposed and all they got was a little dielectric grease in the barrel plug, never got around to using heat shrink on any of them like I should have.

According to their website they have a 2 year warranty. I’d contact them

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine are still going strong after months of every night use. I will say the included little PSU's are under powered in my opinion. One of my units would occasionally turn off, then back on occasionally. It was the PSU. I bought more robust PSU's and never had any issues after that. Oh, and mine are out in the weather.

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine are still going strong after months of every night use. I will say the included little PSU's are under powered in my opinion. One of my units would occasionally turn off, then back on occasionally. It was the PSU. I bought more robust PSU's and never had any issues after that. Oh, and mine are out in the weather.
I bought a better power supply and tried that tonight. It made no difference. I have contacted the manufacturer to see what they have to say.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I bought a better power supply and tried that tonight. It made no difference. I have contacted the manufacturer to see what they have to say.
They are great to work with. I have 7 of the IRs, all rock solid for 3 years. I'm sure they'll take care of you... ask for Jon.

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are great to work with. I have 7 of the IRs, all rock solid for 3 years. I'm sure they'll take care of you... ask for Jon.
That's refreshing to hear. Worst case scenario, I have another light to put up which I could use to illuminate my alley more.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the power supply adapter go bad on a 10w DI10 version. It was plugged in indoors so no moisture or heat issues.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. I had a power supply go bad outside of warranty and they replaced it.

Give them a chance before badmouthing what could be an isolated dud. Every product made has a few duds. It is how the vendor responds that determines if I continue using or recommending. I have several from them going back years and the one instance that one went bad they took care.

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep. I had a power supply go bad outside of warranty and they replaced it.

Give them a chance before badmouthing what could be an isolated dud. Every product made has a few duds. It is how the vendor responds that determines if I continue using or recommending. I have several from them going back years and the one instance that one went bad they took care.
To their credit, they got right back to me and are issuing a replacement unit. I thought the process would have been more involved. I'll pull the original unit soon for inspection.

Reaction score
To their credit, they got right back to me and are issuing a replacement unit. I thought the process would have been more involved. I'll pull the original unit soon for inspection.
They were quick to respond to my question about a 30 degree light since the box of one of the first ones had a check box for 30, 60, or 90. I didn’t like the answer of having to make a bulk order of 100 units I believe it was but they did offer me a discount coupon. I declined since I already had 4 up and operational but I felt it was a nice gesture

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the two I purchased are going strong almost two years later. One is completely exposed, the other semi exposed.
I pulled down the unit I have a few minutes ago for inspection. The unit is receiving 24v as expected, and it wouldn't power up even with the nicer power supply being used with out the cord extender.

Looking at the unit, I can only think it was an internal failure which can happen to any company, or perhaps water intrusion at the back where the wire comes out. Regardless, the replacement unit will get some RTV silicone where the wire enters the unit. It seems like that would be prudent at this point.

I clipped off the power connector and filled it with dielectric grease before putting it in the extension at the wall as a temporary measure. Hopefully the new unit arrives soon.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the power supply adapter go bad on a 10w DI10 version. It was plugged in indoors so no moisture or heat issues.
Yeah, mine went out within Amazon 90 day return window so you know what I did to get it resolved the fastest way. <wink> <wink> Originally I had mine powered via POE but changed over to the power adapter to save on the power budget of the POE switch for future camera expansion.

cordes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The warranty process couldn't have been easier, and the shipping was very prompt. Kudos to the folks who made that happen. I was impressed.

I installed the new unit with the same high quality double walled heat shrink tubing on the connector, and also some RTV where the cable goes into the body. I'm using the upgraded power supply I purchased. One thing immediately noticeable was the added light output vs. the last unit. I'm unsure whether that one was faulty from the get go, or if the increased ability of the power supply to feed the unit is responsible. Regardless, the higher light output is welcome.

Sachi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious how you folks are running these IR lights, do you run them 24/7 or set them up on a photoelectric or PIR sensor?

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious how you folks are running these IR lights, do you run them 24/7 or set them up on a photoelectric or PIR sensor?
They do have a built in sensor that works well. Had mine a couple years now, so far so good.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, mine went out within Amazon 90 day return window so you know what I did to get it resolved the fastest way. <wink> <wink> Originally I had mine powered via POE but changed over to the power adapter to save on the power budget of the POE switch for future camera expansion.
And the replacement adapter to the one that went bad just went out too. I'm coming to the conclusion that the wall wart they provide for power isn't very durable. Maybe the 30ft extension cable I bought from them is helping to kill the power adapter sooner. I might just have to switch it back to POE like I originally had it.

1713322198758.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.