Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by looney2ns, May 31, 2019.

Share This Page

1. jayleoness

jayleoness Young grasshopper

I just installed these cameras. Do they have audio? I know the spec sheet said audio in and out. I have audio enabled in my Dahua GUI but don't hear any sound.

2. Wolf4Ever

Wolf4Ever n3wb

They do have audio. I know at least with mine in Spss or the browser its muted by default and I have to unmute it.

3. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

The mic usually has a digital noise filter enabled by default. If you web into the camera and look at the mic area, try turning it off and see how that does.

looney2ns likes this.
  4. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood n3wb

Hey Guys. Had my first post today after lurking for three+ years! Courtesy of Andy, Santa...I mean DHL brought me a Dahua DB11 doorbell and two IPC-T5442TM-AS cams today.

As a viewer of around three years, I wanted to give back a little bit. We all love screenshots, so heres a comparison shot between my Dahua 5231R-Z, the first Gen Starlight, the new 4MP Starlight+, and my iPhone7 for comparison. The Starlight+ and iPhone shots are a few minutes apart, the original Starlight shot was a snip from Blueiris from another night. The same lights were on in all the shots. There are a total of 5 Lights on in these shots, each of those lights having two 40W equivalent LED bulbs. The lamp post at top center, the two lights on the house garage on right, and the two lights on the detached garage the cam is mounted to that are not in view. WDR Backlight is enabled, and both cams are set to auto.

Very impressed

iPhone7.png Starlight+.png Original-Starlight.jpg