Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tape them up and into the soffit also. Or into the junction box if you get it.
That's what I'll do. I've got one that will go on a brick wall. It'll go exactly where the CAT6 is coming out of that brick but the hole in the brick is definitely not big enough to put all the extra connections coming out the back of the cam so in that location, looks like I'll need a junction box.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If outside it makes a nice weatherproof housing for your lan and power cables coming from the camera. Here in the UK I use this one .
Just on this @ljw2k - I'm in the UK and I'll need a junction box for a B5442 bullet going on a brick wall as per my post above. Kenable have a standard size universal junction box and a large version - I'm assuming I don't need anything more than the standard size because all I'll be using it to store is the additional connections coming out of the back of the cam plus a little bit of extra CAT6? Also, what is your experience of how well these junction boxes fit with the Dahua cams?

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just on this @ljw2k - I'm in the UK and I'll need a junction box for a B5442 bullet going on a brick wall as per my post above. Kenable have a standard size universal junction box and a large version - I'm assuming I don't need anything more than the standard size because all I'll be using it to store is the additional connections coming out of the back of the cam plus a little bit of extra CAT6? Also, what is your experience of how well these junction boxes fit with the Dahua cams?
Does the B5442 bullet have a square or round base? If it has a square base I don't think that universal one will fit.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'll need to ask Andy what base for that camera or dig up the Dahua accessories brochure online.
Oh I already checked with Andy and its the PFA121 but I was wanting something in the next few days and conscious it could take his shipment 1 or 2 weeks. And there doesn't seem to be anyone selling that junction box in the UK.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You will need the larger one mate to fit that camera. I have found them to be equal or better than the original Dahua box as it has the rubber pad on the face which makes a good weather seal and the cable gland that comes with it you can just about fit the RJ45 plug through it when you are not using the back entry which has also a rubber pad for weather sealing.

Original Dahua PFA130-E for your camera

Last edited:

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will need the larger one mate to fit that camera. I have found them to be equal or better than the original Dahua box as it has the rubber pad on the face which makes a good weather seal and the cable gland that comes with it you can just about fit the RJ45 plug through it when you are not using the back entry which has also a rubber pad for weather sealing.

Original Dahua PFA130-E for your camera
Thanks. I've not crimped the RJ45 end onto the cable yet as I've just run the cable so that won't be an issue anyway.

I have asked Andy how long it would take him to ship me the Dahua one so will decide once he gets back although I can see the round mount and square camera base might not look perfect.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I've not crimped the RJ45 end onto the cable yet as I've just run the cable so that won't be an issue anyway.

I have asked Andy how long it would take him to ship me the Dahua one so will decide once he gets back although I can see the round mount and square camera base might not look perfect.
Is there no square junction box for the 5442 bullet? The PFA130-e will look really bag with the square base if it even fits and I doubt it would be waterproof. If you can't get a square junction book that's an exact match for the bullet camera, I'd go into your nearest electrical wholesaler and get an ABS plastic box that's big enough for the base of the camera.

If you need a PFA130-e quickly, there's some on Amazon.co.uk. Sold by a trader but fulfilled by Amazon.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there no square junction box for the 5442 bullet? The PFA130-e will look really bag with the square base if it even fits and I doubt it would be waterproof. If you can't get a square junction book that's an exact match for the bullet camera, I'd go into your nearest electrical wholesaler and get an ABS plastic box that's big enough for the base of the camera.

If you need a PFA130-e quickly, there's some on Amazon.co.uk. Sold by a trader but fulfilled by Amazon.
Andy has only mentioned the PFA121 to me as the mount for the 5442 bullet so not sure what the PFA130e is...?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the B5442 bullet have a square or round base? If it has a square base I don't think that universal one will fit.
The universal one fits as I have it and I think it looks ok with the square base on a round box but that's personnel preference I suppose. If you want Dahua recommended one it is the PFA 121

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh right sorry I think wires are getting crossed here. I started off picking up a question here about mounting the T5442TM-AS but the camera I need a mount for is the 5442-ZE bullet and the mount for that cam is the PFA121.

My T5442TM-AS will be installed under a soffit so wires will go above the soffit and camera will be installed on the soffit so no mount needed as far as I understand.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The universal one fits as I have it and I think it looks ok with the square base on a round box but that's personnel preference I suppose. If you want Dahua recommended one it is the PFA 121
Any chance of a pic?

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry mate getting confused here the camera I had was the IPC-B5442T-ASE which has a round base and fitted perfect and looks the same as the Dahua PFA130e
Ahh no worries - I'll have a look around for a square mount otherwise might just order the official Dahua one from Andy.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best place is Amazon mate £19 delivered. You can always try Ebay as always sellers on there with reasonable prices.

Sweet! Don't know how I missed that but for roughly a fiver extra it's not bad considering I get it much quicker. Thanks!