Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

Matt Redz

n3wb
Reaction score
On my 5442s, they are options in Events > IVS

View attachment 65129
I've been reading some of the threads about motion detection and if seen IVS mention also, does this affect anything in BlueIris as that's what I have pulled my new 5442s into and am currently setting up.

Also, does anyone have a bookmaker for one of the 50 something pages of this thread that talks about video settings as I'm struggling to get a quality image from mine?

One last question, I have two of these and also one 5421E-Z. Where can I see the model number in the camera settings? I can only find the serial numbers :-( I have had to keep a note of the serial/model but this seems nuts that it does not show an actual model number when you log in to the camera.

Thanks

Last edited:

DeadEnd

n3wb
Reaction score
One last question, I have two of these and also one 5421E-Z. Where can I see the model number in the camera settings? I can only find the serial numbers :-( I have had to keep a note of the serial/model but this seems nuts that it does not show an actual model number when you log in to the camera.
Model number should be in settings - information - version.
Listed at the top as DEVICE TYPE.

DeadEnd

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank You. Would you mind sharing yours? I will be setting up my 5442 fixed soon and will want to tweak it until the firmware fix comes available.

Thanks,
David
Sure. I have the IR Illuminator set to Manual and at 60 for Night Profile. Also for Night Profile, I'm running Shutter Priority with a 0 - 10ms range and I have the Exposure compensation all the way down to 15. Also have 3DNR down to 30.

That really tones down washout for me. You could take the Illuminator lower or the Exposure Compensation lower if you will get some washout.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been reading some of the threads about motion detection and if seen IVS mention also, does this affect anything in BlueIris as that's what I have pulled my new 5442s into and am currently setting up.

Also, does anyone have a bookmaker for one of the 50 something pages of this thread that talks about video settings as I'm struggling to get a quality image from mine?

Thanks
Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk
Create a book mark in your browser with the model and location of the camera as it's name.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE
Smart IR has some good update after flash the 20200814 firmware, looney and wildcat both reported to me the firmware based on the June one SMD was broken, we are asking them to fix up this and then release the good fw.
Right now the 20200529 has good SMD, the version after this not work well.
I showed some videos to dahua engineer, he is testing on it, will have news later this week. After this fix up, we will officially release this firmware for IPC-T5442T-ZE. Camera has stocks now.

Andy

PetSue

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys and yes I know you're going to say another newbie post that should have read the thread as well as Cliff's Notes and the Wiki. Well I've read the whole 54 pages of this thread, along with Cliff's Notes and the Wiki and am still struggling.

Can't thank Andy enough for his service, sales & support, so forgive me if I may sound disheartened, but it is no way directed at him.

This is my 3rd camera from Andy where I used this model to replace my IPC-T2231T-ZS I had out the front, thinking the audio would be handy along with perhaps a better quality image day & night. I must say I am disappointed in what I've seen so far and trust me I have played around with settings galore all to no avail.

The Day image quality is not even close to any of the ones I've seen here and that's what disappoints me. My image is blotchy, it freezes, darkish and in general poor quality, especially compared to the other camera.

Using Chrome browser to edit settings which helps, no NVR as recording to my Synology NAS. Now when viewing in the browser it works for 15 seconds then it switches over to Sub Stream 1. Why I have no idea. At the moment I can't even view it in the Synology app as it's nothing but a grey screen. I know it's obviously my settings but just can't figure out what and/or why my pic is not the way I was hoping. Again this is just Day I'm asking about as haven't played with Night settings yet. I'm in Australia so not sure if anything is different.

Pics attached may help. Front to me looks a little dark & blurred and watching the Live feed I see it freezing every so slightly every second.

Can anyone help me out please. Thank you :)

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn’t look that bad to me? But I’m on my first cup of coffee..looks overcast but I can see individual bricks and tiles across the street...

What are your exposure settings?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys and yes I know you're going to say another newbie post that should have read the thread as well as Cliff's Notes and the Wiki. Well I've read the whole 54 pages of this thread, along with Cliff's Notes and the Wiki and am still struggling.

Can't thank Andy enough for his service, sales & support, so forgive me if I may sound disheartened, but it is no way directed at him.

This is my 3rd camera from Andy where I used this model to replace my IPC-T2231T-ZS I had out the front, thinking the audio would be handy along with perhaps a better quality image day & night. I must say I am disappointed in what I've seen so far and trust me I have played around with settings galore all to no avail.

The Day image quality is not even close to any of the ones I've seen here and that's what disappoints me. My image is blotchy, it freezes, darkish and in general poor quality, especially compared to the other camera.

Using Chrome browser to edit settings which helps, no NVR as recording to my Synology NAS. Now when viewing in the browser it works for 15 seconds then it switches over to Sub Stream 1. Why I have no idea. At the moment I can't even view it in the Synology app as it's nothing but a grey screen. I know it's obviously my settings but just can't figure out what and/or why my pic is not the way I was hoping. Again this is just Day I'm asking about as haven't played with Night settings yet. I'm in Australia so not sure if anything is different.

Pics attached may help. Front to me looks a little dark & blurred and watching the Live feed I see it freezing every so slightly every second.

Can anyone help me out please. Thank you :)
Try using IE, install the plugin when it prompts. Works better for me live view wise.
I don't see anything wrong with your still you posted. Looks good here.
Maybe you need to calibrate your monitor your using.

Reaction score
Using Chrome browser to edit settings which helps, no NVR as recording to my Synology NAS.
I use MS EDGE browser and have had no issues with it.

Since one of your issues is that it is switching to sub-stream do not enable the sub-stream. Are you using it?

Most here will say that 15FPS is plenty for security cams. Set your I-Frame to the same as your Frame Rate. I am using H.254H and am very happy with the day and color night video.

1598838433230.png

I am using Blue Iris. Have noticed a lot of folks having issues lately with Dahua cams on Synology NAS.

PetSue

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your help and doesn't look too bad as initially thought but still not as good/clear as I thought it would or even close to some of the vids posted on here.

I should have added that I'm on Mac so no IE or mS browsers on my iMac thank you :)

Exposure settings attached and can I just say the Night Time colour is amazing.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you post a sample video?

If you’re using Auto exposure at night it may look incredible but you’ll likely get a lot of ghosting or motion blur.

Test your night settings with video not snapshots and test with movement in the scene ..

dex90

n3wb
Reaction score
If I put camera on face detection, can then the NVR (NVR5216-16P-I) do IVS rules for same camera and face recognition at same time?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No. You have to choose one

EDIT: I cant be 100% certain of that actually on the I models. I havent used one but on most other NVRs you can only choose one AI function

dex90

n3wb
Reaction score
No. You have to choose one

EDIT: I cant be 100% certain of that actually on the I models. I havent used one but on most other NVRs you can only choose one AI function
Sigh… There goes my plan to have IVS perimeter control around the house and stranger detection at the same time and both linked to different types of alarm that are armed at different time. Unless I almost double my camera count:( I wanted to have stranger detection 24/7 and perimeter IVS at night or when not at home.

Maybe an “I” model owner could chime in?

PetSue

n3wb
Reaction score
Is someone able to tell me please what the equivalent Dahua model number is for this?

This model not in my list on my Synology.

TheGooginator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is someone able to tell me please what the equivalent Dahua model number is for this?

This model not in my list on my Synology.
I believe the official model is IPC-HDW5442TM-AS the link is below is appears to be EOL as the newer Wizmind is the IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE. Hope that helps.