Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I will take a look for those threads.

Regarding the varifocals, I assume the zooming is all manually done (via the software)? i.e. the software/camera would not automatically zoom in on a given activity, correct? - say someone getting into (or tampering with) a car that is out in the street.
Also with varifocals, after you change the zoom, the auto focus that follows is a lot slower compared to a real PTZ camera. Although you can change the zoom anytime with a varifocal, they are not meant for zooming in on the fly IMO.

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also with varifocals, after you change the zoom, the auto focus that follows is a lot slower compared to a real PTZ camera. Although you can change the zoom anytime with a varifocal, they are not meant for zooming in on the fly IMO.
Got it. The benefit of varifocals being you can better target the area to be monitored. Sort of ‘set it and forget it’.

Corcovado

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Got 6pcs of this camera and Dahua NVR from Andy, trying test everything but I have very blurry video. Everything is on default settings, trying to preview on Sony 4k tv connected with hdmi to nor, and also from Mac through Smart PSS. Tried different settings, different cables, different cameras.. same results. Am I missing something here?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

Got 6pcs of this camera and Dahua NVR from Andy, trying test everything but I have very blurry video. Everything is on default settings, trying to preview on Sony 4k tv connected with hdmi to nor, and also from Mac through Smart PSS. Tried different settings, different cables, different cameras.. same results. Am I missing something here?
Reaching out to offer assistance in how to configure

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Mikey, the initial test FW has not solved the issue but the next version I believe (@EMPIRETECANDY is kindly working this with Dahua) will fix this and may also feature the AE compensation slider that is currently not in this FW. Hoping the next iteration will fix the Auto IR piece, currently I'm dialing the image in manually to achieve as much of it as I can. Great camera still and great picture.

Hey @Wildcat_1 , just wondering how's the IPC-B5442E-ZE camera doing with the new "Auto IR bug firmware"?

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score