Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you remove the film from the front of the cameras yet? Also, make sure the focus is set to auto-focus when adjusting the focal length. Sometimes by sharpness may adjust to "0" by default, however, the default value should be 50. Not sure if this may be a potential firmware issue.

Hello,

Got 6pcs of this camera and Dahua NVR from Andy, trying test everything but I have very blurry video. Everything is on default settings, trying to preview on Sony 4k tv connected with hdmi to nor, and also from Mac through Smart PSS. Tried different settings, different cables, different cameras.. same results. Am I missing something here?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Did you remove the film from the front of the cameras yet? Also, make sure the focus is set to auto-focus when adjusting the focal length. Sometimes by sharpness may adjust to "0" by default, however, the default value should be 50. Not sure if this may be a potential firmware issue.
His problem should be sorted, mainly because of the switch is too old, data transfering is not good.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I just placed and order for two more. :) That will make 7 including the 3 longer range models. I will order a couple of more next month.

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have the stock IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE, but sell as our own model as IPC-D5442E-ZE.
The bullet model right now only have IPC-B5442E-Z4E, the IPC-B5442E-ZE have to wait around 2 weeks, sell too hot,the factory chips not enough, so make some delay.
Any idea when dome Z4E version will be available?

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick Q from newb. These alarm/audio in-out connections are also carried through the POE cable? Or do you need seperate cables?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick Q from newb. These alarm/audio in-out connections are also carried through the POE cable? Or do you need seperate cables?
I think all the info is carried thru the poe cable. You just need to enable settings for audio in or out in the camera web gui.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just placed an order for one more camera. Andy is having a mini sale right now on these cameras and I think the sale is good for one more day. Next month I will order two more. I am really interested in upgrading my PTZ cameras to ones with a 1/1.8" sensor or better. That will have to wait until next year. :) Mostly because of funding and I don't think the cameras are out on the market yet.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do people think this camera equals or betters the low light performance of the 2231T-ZS-S2? I'm planning to put this 5442 to cover my driveway where there is decent ambient light at all time and was thinking of installing the 2231 S2 at the side and a couple of rear locations where ambient light isn't very good. However, if the low light performance of this camera is just as good, if not better than the 2231 then I might as well put the 5442 everywhere!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just received my 2231T-ZS-S2 today after ordering from Andy on Tuesday. This is to monitor the entrance from the backyard which needs a varifocal ...
Awesome! If you have the time after it's mounted, let folks know what you think of it over in the 2231 S2 review thread!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think its worth mentioning that not ALL cameras can or should be used in forced color at night.
I have12 at my home and only 3 are in forced color at night. B&W/IR works in most instances and you still need a good amount of white light to run color.