Review-OEM Loryta IPC-T5442T-ZE Varifocal 4mp camera (Dahua)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Andy has posted a firmware update below

tundradude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just updated my 5 5442's and will test tonight. the only setting i see different is advanced exposure 2d and 3d is there something else for smart ir? Thank you

strafer

n3wb
Reaction score
i recently received two 5442 ZE cams - quality of video I have to say lives up to the good reputation!
quick question the first one i setup and i like to have most of the quality settings near highest so i set it at 30fps
but now I am plugging in the 2nd one and it only gives the option for max 25fps? I try to have all other settings the same.
Is there a reason one does 30fps and the other only 25? Or are 30 and 25 fps interchangeable

setting.gif

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i recently received two 5442 ZE cams - quality of video I have to say lives up to the good reputation!
quick question the first one i setup and i like to have most of the quality settings near highest so i set it at 30fps
but now I am plugging in the 2nd one and it only gives the option for max 25fps? I try to have all other settings the same.
Is there a reason one does 30fps and the other only 25? Or are 30 and 25 fps interchangeable

View attachment 77367
it's a rare situation that in surveillance, you need to use anything more than 15 frames per second. If you really want to go to 30 frames per second simply change the settings in the camera to ntsc.

Study the cliff notes and the wiki.

strafer

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the camera works properly with Synology Surveillance Station?
Noobie setting up my two cams with Synology DS220j now. Seems to be working fine.
I set up the first as ONVIF camera manually
The 2nd was detected as generic Dahua camera

Whether the "smart" detection works with Synology I do not know such as face detection / people counting, and all the advanced AI stuff -
I'm going to start with just recording when there is motion and see if i really need more than that.

(i had a hard time choosing between SD card, Synology NAS, and Blue Iris -
SD Card with 1-2 cameras was temptingly simple - it also has a ton of functions all working - do not have to buy anything but storage- works with mainly with an app on your phone (but you can cobble it onto your PC if you run android emulator) - the problem is if someone steals the camera they will also have the footage - which defeats the purpose!
Blue Iris I felt might be overcomplicated and overkill for my needs - also a PC running 24/7 may over time lead to higher electric bills
So I ended up with a ~$170 Synology which seems to work pretty well out of the box, has PC desktop apps, web apps, and phone apps and in theory uses 5-12 watts.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going to start with just recording when there is motion and see if i really need more than that.
Recording on motion only is really not recommended. It is a great way to miss things that really count. See the below thread.

78suited

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After doing a lot of reading and research I've contacted Andy and decided to order 2 x IPC-T5442T-ZE. I own a Synology DS718+ so testing together with Surveillance Station and also with Blue Iris. After the testing I will decide which system gives me the most benefit and possibilities. If all goes according to plan, I will receive them tomorrow and hope I can make a decent contribution to this topic too. Unfortunately I forgot to order two seperate wallmounts, so I can test a little bit without the mounting.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought one IPC-T5442T-ZE from Andy and I notice that the black trim around the lens is loose. If I tap on the microphone side of the trim it moves in and out about 1/16". Is this normal, I have several IPC-T5442TM-AS and the trim on these cameras do not move.

Thanks
Mike

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like it might have got loose or broke in transit. Many here have popped that off to make a fix that Andy suggested and/or popped it off due to condensation appearing on the lens and dabbing a bit of silicone around it and putting back on.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also I notice that the IR on the right side is not as bright as the left side. Is this also normal or do I have a defective camera.

IR.jpg