Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm planning on moving away from my Hivksion NVR, wonder if Blue Iris has "software driven" AI capabilities that would work vs upgrading to the 5 series which I assume starts to become quite pricey.
The Dahua 5442 models have options in IVS to filter on People and/or Vehicles. Blue Iris doesn't have any built-in AI at the moment. It can natively integrate with Sentry (a 3rd-party subscription service). Below are two other methods that folks have used to add AI to their BI solution. Both look fairly geeky. Bottom thread is a new approach recently shared.

[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cool, going to pick up a 5442 and another colorvu both in 3.6mm and compare them.

I posted this in the TinyCamPro forum, but am still having issues getting the camera to play with TinycamPro. I've figured out the issue arises when the camera is connected to the NVR. Just a repost here in case folks have an idea?

So I've been using the Hikvision 7616-E2-EP NVR and 7 DS-2CD2142FWD-IS Domes hooked up to it via POE with virtual host enabled. I have setup all the cameras on TinyCamPro just fine and they were working properly (basically using the IP Address of the NVR with each specific port for the virtual host cameras (e.g., 65001 is camera 1, 65002 is camera 2, etc). The only protocol that work for these is JPG/snapshot.

For some reason, I can not get my new 2347G-LU to show video when it is hooked up to the NVR. I know the password is right, but I get a Video Failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number) error.

If I plug the camera into just a regular POE switch and give it its own IP address, TinyCamPro easily finds the camera, and for whatever reason I need to select RTSP over TCP as the protocol, and it works perfectly.

But I just can't get it to play nicely when it is attached to the NVR.

Any ideas?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exposure is set at 1/50
Smart events settings :
1/50? Curious, I only see 1/30 then 1/60 on mine.

BTW, what do you keep your bitrate at on these cameras? Variable/constant? If Constant....at what rate?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks.. Are you using an NVR or BI btw?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using an NVR
2 NVRs - one for continuous, one for events.
I also used QVRPro on a QNAP NAS, but stopped it after finding that QVRPro sometimes messed with camera settings image behind the scenes in an unconfigurable way.

dsa

n3wb
Reaction score
@alistair

Can you recommend bestbuy NVR for this
colorvu camera + 2 pieces wifi Hik ds-2cd2051g1-idw? This is my curent setup but in future i will upgrade it with few more cameras. So maybe some NVR with 8 channels

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm really not up to speed with current NVRs. I'm overdue to have replaced what I've had for a few years, but haven't been tracking their developments.
I'm sure others can make good suggestions.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seem to be having issues getting the Line Detection to work on this puppy. Intrusion seems to work fine, sends an email to me. But Line Detection doesn't seem to do anything. I.e., i walk past the line, and ultimately get an "Intrusion" detection emailed to me, but not line detection. Below are my settings. Linkage is set to email. Have tried sensitivity from 30 to 90.

Line Detection.JPG

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seem to be having issues getting the Line Detection to work on this puppy. Intrusion seems to work fine, sends an email to me. But Line Detection doesn't seem to do anything. I.e., i walk past the line, and ultimately get an "Intrusion" detection emailed to me, but not line detection. Below are my settings. Linkage is set to email. Have tried sensitivity from 30 to 90.

View attachment 63883
Try increasing your max size box to the entire screen.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try increasing your max size box to the entire screen.
Just tried that, same thing, received an intrusion email, no line crossing email. Strangely it doesn't trigger my LED either (I'm on newest firmware alastair posted above).

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm...also the LED trigger isn't working properly. It just stays on constantly, here are my settings.

line crossing linkage.JPG

led enable.JPG

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you guys have the above External Device items set? I think rebooting the camera helped, as the light comes on..though it "flashes" vs staying on constantly.

Weird that for the life of me I can't get line detection to work.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 63883
The problem I've run into with putting tripwires close to the edge like that is sometimes the camera needs a little bit of time to detect the movement/classify it as motion. If the object has already crossed the line by the time the camera figures out that it's motion, the event may not fire.

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you guys have the above External Device items set? I think rebooting the camera helped, as the light comes on..though it "flashes" vs staying on constantly.

Weird that for the life of me I can't get line detection to work.
In your settings it looks like you have checked "Flashing Alarm". Perhaps that is triggering your flashing?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In your settings it looks like you have checked "Flashing Alarm". Perhaps that is triggering your flashing?
Per the pdf, that seems to be the only way to trigger the linkage.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The problem I've run into with putting tripwires close to the edge like that is sometimes the camera needs a little bit of time to detect the movement/classify it as motion. If the object has already crossed the line by the time the camera figures out that it's motion, the event may not fire.
This might have helped, I turned off intrusion to test and it seems to work better. But still only captures it 50% of the time, and usually when I am leaving vs going up the stairs towards the door. On line intrusion, is it recommended to have higher or lower sensitivity?

Also, turning off intrusion, even though for line detection I have "Flashing Alarm", the LED this time just went on for a few seconds, then off again. What does the "threshold" setting in the external devices/LED section do exactly? E.g., does "3" mean leave light on for 3 seconds?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This might have helped, I turned off intrusion to test and it seems to work better. But still only captures it 50% of the time, and usually when I am leaving vs going up the stairs towards the door. On line intrusion, is it recommended to have higher or lower sensitivity?

Also, turning off intrusion, even though for line detection I have "Flashing Alarm", the LED this time just went on for a few seconds, then off again. What does the "threshold" setting in the external devices/LED section do exactly? E.g., does "3" mean leave light on for 3 seconds?
Move the trip line 2-3 ft closer to the door.
Every situation a camera is in is different, it takes trial and error to set things up correctly. Test and then test again.