Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I learned a long time ago that WiFi cams are bad news. All of mine are hardwired.

Reaction score
D4 uses very underpowered SOC (Gauss firmware).
Depending of what is enabled (AI functions & AutoTracking especially) it can simply don't have CPU power to do more.
The same issue with RTSP when IVS, Auto tracking, SMD, MD are disabled.
What CPU uses SD4A216DB-HNY?
You can try to use RTSP stream from NVR. Change ip to NVR address, correct login/pass if is different and add/change &channel=XX parameter (xx is number of channel on NVR).
Thank you. Yes, i already used this method to pull RTSP stream from SD4 to STB (OpenPli).

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The same issue with RTSP when IVS, Auto tracking, SMD, MD are disabled.
What CPU uses SD4A216DB-HNY?
Dahua don't specify used components.
But I see big difference how work SD4 & SD5 cams...

SD4 have power to run only old Auto Tracking 1.0, which is very wonky. Video performance is not so good (ok small image sensor). Camera didn't received any significant upgrade in functionality in two years from release (like AcuPick, which Dahua is putting in all cameras which have enough CPU/SOC power). Compressed firmware file for it is 101MB size... it looks & works like low budget 2xxx/3xxx cams..

SD5 have much better working Auto Tracking 3.0, which works 10x better. Video performance is stellar (ok I have model with 1/1.8" sensor). Camera received a lot of new functionality (like AcuPick) and have a lot of different AI modes. Compressed firmware for it is 202MB size - twice the size... CPU/SOC & performance is on par with latest WIzMind-S 5xx2-S3 cams...

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua don't specify used components.
But I see big difference how work SD4 & SD5 cams...

SD4 have power to run only old Auto Tracking 1.0, which is very wonky. Video performance is not so good (ok small image sensor). Camera didn't received any significant upgrade in functionality in two years from release (like AcuPick, which Dahua is putting in all cameras which have enough CPU/SOC power). Compressed firmware file for it is 101MB size... it looks & works like low budget 2xxx/3xxx cams..

SD5 have much better working Auto Tracking 3.0, which works 10x better. Video performance is stellar (ok I have model with 1/1.8" sensor). Camera received a lot of new functionality (like AcuPick) and have a lot of different AI modes. Compressed firmware for it is 202MB size - twice the size... CPU/SOC & performance is on par with latest WIzMind-S 5xx2-S3 cams...
Got a link to the SD5?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
RTSP is a protocol which uses UDP (not TCP like HTTP(s)) for video transmission.
UDP don't provide any mechanism of detecting & resending of loss/invalid data.

If You have wonky WIFI, that will be results...

PS. Decrease iframes to the level of FPS (15?) - then image will faster recover (every second)..

I saw tearing like that on my mini PTZ when running IVS and SMD simultaneously. Make sure SMD is turned OFF

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thank you sir.

The reason I bought my sd4a425db-hny was I didn't have a suitable place to mount the bigger one. I'm not at all unhappy with it considering the price but would have went with the sd5 if had the room for it.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you sir.

The reason I bought my sd4a425db-hny was I didn't have a suitable place to mount the bigger one. I'm not at all unhappy with it considering the price but would have went with the sd5 if had the room for it.
SD4A is genial with the hidden dome form & size - You can hide that this is PTZ cam actively tracking people...
If Dahua did SD5 in that version (even in bigger dome to fit better sensor&optics&electronics) - this will be big hit...

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SD4A is genial with the hidden dome form & size - You can hide that this is PTZ cam actively tracking people...
If Dahua did SD5 in that version (even in bigger dome to fit better sensor&optics&electronics) - this will be big hit...
I agree.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
but its still a dome and is affected of sunlight and dirt.
think most people who buy sd5+ ptz dont want to hire a guy cleaning the camera once a month.
all public hikvision/dahua ptz i saw here are mounted 5m and more

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought my very first ip cam probably 15 years ago. It was a Chinese Grandstream knockoff ordered direct from China. I was in service up until a couple of years ago when replaced it with a Dahua. It performed flawlessly and was still doing so when i took it down. I still have it somewhere around here. Didn't have the heart to trash it, it still worked and after all those years had a bit of sentimental value. Video quality was pretty bad by today's standards but pretty amazing when i first got it. I did occasionally have a spider problem tho.