Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least she approves of the cameras, and I don't feel dirty looking at the camera forum thinking "one day i can get a camera, too!"
I want to put the PTZ on the front corner eave of our house, and I'm trying to keep the camera installations looking cohesive and fluid.
Good point, some wives don't even entertaining the idea of putting up multiple cameras around the house.

I also like my cameras to be discreet and fit in well with the house not sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the surrounding area as much as possible too.

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Reading the original PFB211W instructions, what is
"Also this one need waterproof-cable-joint-kit , like PFB203W/PFB204W for 5442-series."
and
Is the gap observed in #23 pic normal?

xm4rcell0x

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting tons of the Events: subscription 8000ffff error in BI and no ONVIF events recognized even with ONVIF user is set up right, password double checked, and boxes checked to listen for ONVIF events in video setup and under triggers.

Where do you turn off ONVIF authentication? I can't find that. Tried Basic Services > RTSP Login Mode but that seems to have no effect.
I'm having the same issue, but i cannot factory reset the camera due to having problem with the default ip address.
Can Andy please give us a firmware with a default DHCP address and a toggle to disable the ONVIF Auth?

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reading the original PFB211W instructions, what is
"Also this one need waterproof-cable-joint-kit , like PFB203W/PFB204W for 5442-series."
and
Is the gap observed in #23 pic normal?

what gap ? #23 ?

all pfb203/204/211 etc are not waterproof like pfa130e, pfa122 etc.
there is no gasket.

so you always need waterproof connection when using these mounts.

s-l1200.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but i cannot factory reset the camera due to having problem with the default ip address.
Can Andy please give us a firmware with a default DHCP address and a toggle to disable the ONVIF Auth?
Either a firmware or BI update eliminated that issue for me. Been a while and I don't recall which now.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
what gap ? #23 ?

all pfb203/204/211 etc are not waterproof like pfa130e, pfa122 etc.
there is no gasket.

so you always need waterproof connection when using these mounts.

View attachment 173732
Clark Griswald probably meant picture name 23 you posted on page 34 where you were showing the PFB211W and the ptz next to each other but not fully assemble together yet.

Also adding Dielectric grease on the RJ45 connectors and then good quality electrical tape outside like TonyR always tell us here for better waterproofing and moisture prevention will also help.

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"the PFB211W and the ptz next to each other but not fully assemble together yet."

That is the explanation exactly, thank you!
If the only issue is cutting/removing the piece for cable pass-through, then I will verify exactly what to order, then visit Andy's shop.
Edit: Ugh, attempting to locate the PFB211w or PFB302s is proving to be a challenge (USA based).

Last edited:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Edit: Ugh, attempting to locate the PFB211w or PFB302s is proving to be a challenge (USA based).
funny, they sell them here for 25euro

and yes on the picture i was just holding it, was not screwed together

"on the front corner eave of our house"

not sure why you want to mount it on wall ?? eave sounds like ceiling mount is possible ?

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"the PFB211W and the ptz next to each other but not fully assemble together yet."

That is the explanation exactly, thank you!
If the only issue is cutting/removing the piece for cable pass-through, then I will verify exactly what to order, then visit Andy's shop.
You can buy PFB211W from B&H or ebay, but kind of expensive like $40-$50 for a mount Bracket.

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I took a photo and mark with red the approximate wall location I was hoping to place the MiniPTZ.

B&H $92 Oh My! I think they saw duplo's post and jacked-up the price.

Edit: I want to put our Color4K-T above the large window (pfb203 approx 7ft) but my wife "needs to think about that location".

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I took a photo and mark with red the approximate wall location I was hoping to place the MiniPTZ.
View attachment 173742
B&H $92 Oh My! I think they saw duplo's post and jacked-up the price.
B&H just want to scare you shitless with their price!:lol:

Actually if you have an account and log in the price will be much lower with all their products.:)

DH-PFB211W Wall Mount Bracket.jpg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't forget this ptz camera's field of view is only H: 51.9°– and V: 39.7° fully zoom out, your field of view will be very small if you install it too low or too close the the target area.

Another forum member yyzian who installed his SD4A425DB-HNY ptz on first floor of his house or garage and he is not very satisfy with the installed location because he wanted to cover more area. This is what it looks like for him and he is thinking about changing the location. But if you like more close up view then no problem.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still debating about getting this SD4A425DB-HNY mini-PTZ. I currently have an IPC-Color4K-T180 Black cam as mentioned in another thread & planning to use it as an overview cam. Was wondering if I can use a a PoE splitter like this one so I don’t have to do another 100’ run of CAT6 cable. I am currently using this PoE+ injector to power the T180.
You can run both cameras with that PoE splitter if it worked like it claim on their product page that it will support up to 60 watts of PoE power input and deliver up to 30 watts PoE power per port.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't forget this ptz camera's field of view is only H: 51.9°– and V: 39.7° fully zoom out, your field of view will be very small if you install it too low or too close the the target area.

Another forum member yyzian who installed his SD4A425DB-HNY ptz on first floor of his house or garage and he is not very satisfy with the installed location because he wanted to cover more area. This is what it looks like for him and he is thinking about changing the location. But if you like more close up view then no problem.
That’s what concerns me about this SD4A425DB-HNY ptz. I used to have a SD52C225U-HNI which already had a wider FOV (62.8°) and this was the view from our home’s 2nd floor soffit!
IMG_2893.png
The wife only wants 1 camera up there & if she makes me remove the IPC-Color4K-T180, I’m toying with the possibility of getting the Dahua IPC-HUM4431S-L4 Pinhole cam just to keep her happy. I still plan on convincing her that the T180 Black is hardly noticeable right now. :)
IMG_2889.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That’s what concerns me about this SD4A425DB-HNY ptz. I used to have a SD52C225U-HNI which already had a wider FOV (62.8°) and this was the view from our home’s 2nd floor soffit!
View attachment 173843
The wife only wants 1 camera up there & if she makes me remove the IPC-Color4K-T180, I’m toying with the possibility of getting the Dahua IPC-HUM4431S-L4 Pinhole cam just to keep her happy. I still plan on convincing her that the T180 Black is hardly noticeable right now. :)
View attachment 173844
I don't see a camera ;)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

The remote control for a garage door is in plain view.