[Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess my setup would fit here best, as it uses similar devices but a complete different setup (cool devices, giving you a couple of options):

I have a VTO2000A running SIP firmware (actual 20170425), powered by a standard power supply with 12V DC transmitted to my door on the 4 spare wires of VTO's ethernet cable. Didn't want to add an additional device (VTNS1060A) for this single stn.
As a "server" I had a RPi2 already set up, so I installed asterisk sip server. I do not use dahua's VTH for the indoor side, but a standard h.264 capable SIP video phone that was installed anyway (in my case a Grandstream GXV3140).

The VTO's ip camera rtsp-stream was added to my synology's suveillance station, so I can check if the postman delivered something while I'm away. Also I have monitored my front door 24/7, even when the visitor did not press the doorbell button.
Due the use of a enigma2 based satellite receiver at my home, it was easy that another script switches the tv station to the VTO's ip stream when someone rings at the door. So i get interrupted while watching tv immediately, can see the visitor(s) and can even hear what they complain when I am too slow opening the door.:facepalm:

To get notifications on my mobile phone with a picture of the visitor was the hardest part: I programmed a little php-script, uploading the snapshot.jpg pic to a cloud image service (imgur, visible only for me!). After uploading the pic gets send to my phone via onesignal app.
See pics how this solution looks like on my phone:

Next step was to add the fingerprint sensor VTO2000A-F. I programmed again a script, that sends me a notification with the name of the user who opened the door. This was way easier, using dahuas HTTP_CGI_API.

Feel free to ask me for the scripts, if interrested.

@catcamstar: Were your questions from post #3 answered in the meantime?

Attachments

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @riogrande75 for sharing your great setup! Unfortunately, I don't have any SIP (or yet any plans to), so I haven't tested that way.

Post #3 did not get any feedback yet, so I'm still on an (old) 3.x firmware on the VTH. @EMPIRETECANDY deadviced me to use non-DAHUA software (like RECupgrade) to upgrade the VTH, so I am still curious to know how to apply any new .bin/.zip contents to have longer passwords. So if you would be kind to share, that would be great! Sharing = caring ;-)

Thanks!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, probably my question is off topic...but i'll try.
Does somebody know if it is possible to connect another device to the vtns1060 like a smart tv? basically i would like to know if the vtbs can be used as a normal switch. Thanks

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont own one by myself, but as long as the device "speaks" ethernet, I'm convinced it will work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess my setup would fit here best, as it uses similar devices but a complete different setup (cool devices, giving you a couple of options):

I have a VTO2000A running SIP firmware (actual 20170425), powered by a standard power supply with 12V DC transmitted to my door on the 4 spare wires of VTO's ethernet cable. Didn't want to add an additional device (VTNS1060A) for this single stn.
As a "server" I had a RPi2 already set up, so I installed asterisk sip server. I do not use dahua's VTH for the indoor side, but a standard h.264 capable SIP video phone that was installed anyway (in my case a Grandstream GXV3140).

The VTO's ip camera rtsp-stream was added to my synology's suveillance station, so I can check if the postman delivered something while I'm away. Also I have monitored my front door 24/7, even when the visitor did not press the doorbell button.
Due the use of a enigma2 based satellite receiver at my home, it was easy that another script switches the tv station to the VTO's ip stream when someone rings at the door. So i get interrupted while watching tv immediately, can see the visitor(s) and can even hear what they complain when I am too slow opening the door.:facepalm:

To get notifications on my mobile phone with a picture of the visitor was the hardest part: I programmed a little php-script, uploading the snapshot.jpg pic to a cloud image service (imgur, visible only for me!). After uploading the pic gets send to my phone via onesignal app.
See pics how this solution looks like on my phone:

Next step was to add the fingerprint sensor VTO2000A-F. I programmed again a script, that sends me a notification with the name of the user who opened the door. This was way easier, using dahuas HTTP_CGI_API.

Feel free to ask me for the scripts, if interrested.

Great config !!!
I am interested in your config with the VTO2000A and the receiver E2 (enigma2), myself I own a VU
Which plugin do you use in your enigma2 based satellite receiver ??

Thanks;)

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's quite simple, if you are familiar with linux.

First you have to add the rtsp stream of your VTO2000A to a channel on your Vu+ with DreamboxEdit, function "ITPV and other streaming services"->"Add". This also allows you to watch your door on tv, even when nobody's there.
Link to add looks like this (VTO's ip is 192.168.1.108, Vu+ 192.168.1.111):
Code:
rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.108
Then you have to create a script, that switches to that channel:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
wget -O - -q "http://192.168.1.111/web//api/zap?sRef=4097%3A0%3A1%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3Artsp%253a//admin%253aadmin@192.168.1.108/%3ADoorBellCam&_=1231231231"
To get the correct http link, just open Vu+ webif and check the link for "switch to channel" of the newly added stream.
You can test that with calling this shell script on the linux box you'r working on (in my case a RPi).

Then you have to tell asterisk to call the script (here "/var/www/doorbelTV.sh"), when someone rings at the door.
Add this to extensions.conf (assuming destination phone-number of VTO is 111):
Code:
; *** DOORBELL INCOMING ***;
exten => 111,1,SIPAddHeader("Alert-Info:doorbell") ; Doorbell Ringing Tone on my phone
exten => 111,2,system(/var/www/doorbellTV.sh ${CALLERIDNUM} &); Switch TV to doorbell's stream
exten => 111,3,Dial(SIP/11&SIP/12&SIP/13); call SIP ext.11-13
That's it.

Last edited:

porto10002001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's quite simple, if you are familiar with linux.

First you have to add the rtsp stream of your VTO2000A to a channel on your Vu+ with DreamboxEdit, function "ITPV and other streaming services"->"Add". This also allows you to watch your door on tv, even when nobody's there.
Link to add looks like this (VTO's ip is 192.168.1.108, Vu+ 192.168.1.111):
Code:
rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.108
Then you have to create a script, that switches to that channel:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
wget -O - -q "http://192.168.1.111/web//api/zap?sRef=4097%3A0%3A1%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3Artsp%253a//admin%253aadmin@192.168.1.108/%3ADoorBellCam&_=1231231231"
To get the correct http link, just open Vu+ webif and check the link for "switch to channel" of the newly added stream.
You can test that with calling this shell script on the linux box you'r working on (in my case a RPi).

Then you have to tell asterisk to call the script (here "/var/www/doorbelTV.sh"), when someone rings at the door.
Add this to extensions.conf (assuming destination phone-number of VTO is 111):
Code:
; *** DOORBELL INCOMING ***;
exten => 111,1,SIPAddHeader("Alert-Info:doorbell") ; Doorbell Ringing Tone on my phone
exten => 111,2,system(/var/www/doorbellTV.sh ${CALLERIDNUM} &); Switch TV to doorbell's stream
exten => 111,2,Dial(SIP/11&SIP/12&SIP/13); call SIP ext.11-13
That's it.
Thank you very much for your help
I try this and I'll let you know

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I finally succeeded in upgrading my VTH v3.1 towards v4 - went like a charm with VDPConfig.

Now that I'm ready to hook up my NVR with that indoor monitor (which wasn't possible in v3.1 due to the "8 bit password), I run into an issue:
- I pick "add monitor" on the VTH
- I choose NVR in the dropdown list
- I add IP, user/pass, and leave port 554, main stream and channel 1
- "Set successfull" is shown, however the image remains ... black.

From the log on the NVR, I do see:
System Log Info
Time: 2018-11-09 14:32:33
Type: User logged in.
Contents: LoginGroup:admin
IP Address:192.168.2.9
LoginUser:admin
Time:2018-11-09 14:32:33
Immediately followed by:
System Log Info
Time: 2018-11-09 14:32:33
Type: User logged out.
Contents: LoginGroup:admin
IP Address:192.168.2.9
LoginUser:admin
Time:2018-11-09 14:32:33
So network wise, there is connectivity between the VTH and the NVR, however I'm not sure whether this is linked to user account setting (I first tried with a "user" account, this is now with "admin" rights), or something else? The NVR and VTH (plus VTO) are in one single flat network, no firewalls in between.

Next thing I could do is sniff the hell out of the communication, but maybe someone has already hooked up an NVR with this VTH?

Thanks!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I already had a v4 flying around since ages (eg General_VTH151X_Eng_P_V4.000.0000.0.R.20171024.bin) until Oct 30th, I found an FTP site here on the forum somewhere which carried "General_VTH151X_Eng_P_V4.000.0000.0.R.20180622" - that's the one I applied today, which worked well. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get thrown into jail for sharing, but drop me a PM and we'll see what I can do. Off course, no warranties nor credits can be given!

Hope this helps!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally succeeded in adding my NVR to the VTH! It took some blood and sweat, but here's the trick:
- upgrade to firmware v4
- configure your subchannels to max H.264H and resolution D1 (704*576)
- press "add IPC", before adding ANYTHING, change IPC to NVR (otherwise it WILL NOT WORK), thén add ip, username, password and EXTRA (instead of MAIN) stream.

And poofff! Off you go!

Hope this helps anyone out to!

I can close my VTO/VTH installation booklet now, all is working as desired.

Very happy with this investment!

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to post here!

Always welcome for comments/remarks.
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why did you want to have your intercom connected to the nvr? To see cameras on VTH or for something else?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Why did you want to have your intercom connected to the nvr? To see cameras on VTH or for something else?
Imagine, somebody rings at your front door. But you hear something in the back garden, now I can simply look what's going on around the house by looking on the VTH, instead of having to find my tablet, or firing off the TV to get NVR footage. I knew beforehand that the VTH was able to show IPC footage, why not using it? It's always on your network, it's always powered on and ready to go. Especially with kids in the house, I prefer to learn them handling the VTH than giving the critters a tablet with all IPC/NVR whissles ;-)

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Imagine, somebody rings at your front door. But you hear something in the back garden, now I can simply look what's going on around the house by looking on the VTH, instead of having to find my tablet, or firing off the TV to get NVR footage. I knew beforehand that the VTH was able to show IPC footage, why not using it? It's always on your network, it's always powered on and ready to go. Especially with kids in the house, I prefer to learn them handling the VTH than giving the critters a tablet with all IPC/NVR whissles ;-)
It's a great idea. I'll try to do the same once the intercom is installed. I hope i will succeed otherwise if you don't mind i'll ask for you help ^_^

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally succeeded in adding my NVR to the VTH! It took some blood and sweat, but here's the trick:
- upgrade to firmware v4
- configure your subchannels to max H.264H and resolution D1 (704*576)
- press "add IPC", before adding ANYTHING, change IPC to NVR (otherwise it WILL NOT WORK), thén add ip, username, password and EXTRA (instead of MAIN) stream.

And poofff! Off you go!

Hope this helps anyone out to!

I can close my VTO/VTH installation booklet now, all is working as desired.

Very happy with this investment!

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to post here!

Always welcome for comments/remarks.
CC
Hello, finally I've installed the intercom system (vto2000a+vtns1060+3vth1550ch) could you please tell me where is that "add IPC" menù?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, finally I've installed the intercom system (vto2000a+vtns1060+3vth1550ch) could you please tell me where is that "add IPC" menù?

Hello Albertoit! Well done on installing the gear!
So when you look on your VTH, you press the left button (Monitor), you choose the second option (IPC) and press "Add IPC" at bottom. In that screen, change IPC to "NVR" and thén fill in IP address, user name and pass.

Hope this helps!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks! i have to do the same procedure for each camera connected to the nvr, right?
Hello Albertoit! Well done on installing the gear!
So when you look on your VTH, you press the left button (Monitor), you choose the second option (IPC) and press "Add IPC" at bottom. In that screen, change IPC to "NVR" and thén fill in IP address, user name and pass.

Hope this helps!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks! i have to do the same procedure for each camera connected to the nvr, right?
I was hoping to connect to channel 0 (which would render the mosaic), however you need to start with channel 1 (which is D1). And then off to the 16 other channels you might have ;-) Little word of advice: as writen above: make sure you have your resolution of your SUBstream set to D1 (or lower), otherwise the VTH cannot show the stream.

Good luck!
CC

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done! i have my 7 camera in the vth. Great!