Riddle me this. What did I do?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to use the same zeroteir IP address that you put into the BI app for UI3.
I think you might be on to something. I was wondered if it had something to do with an IP address change. I’ll try and figure out where to find that address. Thanks

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
TeamViewr, I like. thanks.:clap:
I use Google Remote Desktop. Took like 2 minutes to set up and works flawlessly, even from an iPad. Highly recommend and can’t believe it took me so long to do a Remote Desktop feature- so convenient.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So got my cat6 ran today but because of attic design I had to cut the corners of the house short about 2 feet. It is going to leave me a blind spot from the closest camera but the opposing camera catches it. Should I just run with it as is or drop a junction box and run some conduit to the needed spot and attach the cam using the appropriate camera junction box? Only negative to this method is a little extra cost, possible junction box hanging from soffit, and not as tidy install. Thoughts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So got my cat6 ran today but because of attic design I had to cut the corners of the house short about 2 feet. It is going to leave me a blind spot from the closest camera but the opposing camera catches it. Should I just run with it as is or drop a junction box and run some conduit to the needed spot and attach the cam using the appropriate camera junction box? Only negative to this method is a little extra cost, possible junction box hanging from soffit, and not as tidy install. Thoughts.
Its fine...dont go crazy, its not fort knox..

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Install Teamviewer on the remote computer and your home computer, and you won't need to run out to the property to tweak settings.
BI shut down overnight. Was able to restart using TeamViewer from my IPhone. I used to have to wait for hours tell I got home from work to run out to the property to get it back up again. Thank’s again

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI shut down overnight. Was able to restart using TeamViewer from my IPhone. I used to have to wait for hours tell I got home from work to run out to the property to get it back up again. Thank’s again
Why don't you set it up as a service so that it automatically restarts?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why don't you set it up as a service so that it automatically restarts?
Will, to tell you the truth. I had the understanding that it was possible. But I haven’t put much effort in trying to figure out how to set it up. Sooooo I don’t know how to set it up.:smash:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the main BI settings under startup check the run as service box

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Under the main BI settings under startup check the run as service box
Okay. So I went in and checked the box and all. Now are you saying, if BI crashes now it will restart itself?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep but I think you need to close it and reopen it for it to take effect, but then any BI crash it will restart. Now if you haven't already, set the computer up to restart after a shutdown.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep but I think you need to close it and reopen it for it to take effect, but then any BI crash it will restart. Now if you haven't already, set the computer up to restart after a shutdown.
Yes, I did shut BI down and restarted but not the computer. Do I need to do that also? Oh! I get what you said. Set up computer to do the same. Sorry, but how do you do that:banghead:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope that is good. You have to log in to the BIOS of the computer at startup. Every manufacturer does it a little different so look up your computer about how to get into the BIOS.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope that is good. You have to log in to the BIOS of the computer at startup. Every manufacturer does it a little different so look up your computer about how to get into the BIOS.
I think I did something like this years ago. Like 45 years ago. back when I was a geek about computers. My first was TRS80. With 8k ram. In the keyboard:drool: