Roof party

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question -

I have a 16 channel DVR which has a few poorly UV degraded dome cameras which I would like to replace.
The DVR is currently headless, and there are no brand / make markings that I can see on the DVR.

I am considering a 2MP / 1080p HDCVI starlight camera as the replacement camera. Is it as easy as replacing the camera?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's an analog only dvr, then CVI won't work. If its a hybrid or tribrid dvr, you are in luck. How old is it? Post some pics of what you have. CVI cameras only work with a dvr that accepts CVI cameras. There are dvrs that take just cvi, cvi and analog, and cvi analog and ip cameras. I think that there are dvrs now that do analog, cvi, tvi, and ip.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
@CaliGirl We are a video monitoring company. In the case of this video, we observed these subjects as they walked to the back of this property...
How do you pick up these events? Assuming that you have lots of clients, obviously you can't have someone just staring at cams waiting for something to happen. Rely on motion detection, sensors, etc.?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you pick up these events? Assuming that you have lots of clients, obviously you can't have someone just staring at cams waiting for something to happen. Rely on motion detection, sensors, etc.?
The reason that we have these customers is because there is lots of activity at their locations. Most of which goes unnoticed, such as these guys on our customer's roof. We are usually hired because a customer has run out of options and is still being burglarized or vandalized. Most of the time when we are called, the customer has already put up a ton of lights, barbed wire, no trespassing signs, hired a guard to patrol every hour, and security cameras. So it may seem like our team is just sitting, watching a bunch of TVs, and waiting for things to happen, but infact stuff happens every night all night. Try putting a camera on the outside of your house. At some point you are going to capture something odd. Now think about cameras in a shopping plaza with a biker bar, pawn shop, check cashing store, and a convenient store that is open late and sells single cigarettes, never a dull moment.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bababouy, I know it's been over 6 months since you posted this video, but I just saw it. I can't stand these types of chickenshit bangers that roam around, seeing what they can vandalize, steal, break, screw up, tag, etc.

At 2:15 you see one on the roof turn around from the wall after pissing. I wish he'd peed on something that would have shocked the shit out of him. I would have paid $5 to see that. Hell, I would pay $10 to see one of little dickheads fall off the roof.

If I sound irritated at them it's because for over 31 years I cleaned their spray paint and lewd stickers off traffic signal cabinets and signal poles, replaced smashed electric meter glass covers and cleaned smoke damage from the interior of the cabinet and from the front of expensive microcontroller-based or CPU-based traffic signal controllers because the little assholes would stuff papers up into the ventilation slots and set them on fire. Got nothing better to do.

I never was jailed to this day because I never caught one in the act. Little roving gangs of coward-pricks. Mine were in N. California, Silicon Valley area but they're the same all over. Like cockroaches, they come out at night.

Love your videos, @bababouy!

Last edited: