Round deep surface mounting box for DH-SD52C225U-HNI PTZ Camera?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Guys....I'm considering the Dahua DH-SD52C225U-HNI PTZ camera for the front outside area of my home. However, it is a flush mount camera and I'd rather use a round surface mount box instead but can't find any that are deep enough. The camera would mount horizontal on an overhang above the front door. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated....!

Here's a link to the specific camera specs for reference....
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/product/20180710/SD52C225U-HNI_Datasheet_20180709.pdf

Thanks....! :cool:

Reaction score
You might want to look at different cameras that are more designed to mount the way you need. Pretty sure that one is intended to be placed up inside an open space (like in a ceiling or eave of a roof if you have the depth). That one needs a monster hole like 7 inches across and 3 inches deep!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys....I'm considering the Dahua DH-SD52C225U-HNI PTZ camera for the front outside area of my home. However, it is a flush mount camera and I'd rather use a round surface mount box instead but can't find any that are deep enough. The camera would mount horizontal on an overhang above the front door. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated....!

Here's a link to the specific camera specs for reference....
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/product/20180710/SD52C225U-HNI_Datasheet_20180709.pdf

Thanks....! :cool:
Welcome @Starglow

I concur w/crw030: "You might want to look at different cameras that are more designed to mount the way you need. Pretty sure that one is intended to be placed up inside an open space (like in a ceiling or eave of a roof if you have the depth). That one needs a monster hole like 7 inches across and 3 inches deep!"

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys...! I want a PTZ with auto tracking but not a huge hornet's nest looking thing. I also can't do a side wall mount which most of them are.