Router Crashes whenever switch is connected please help noob out

Dingrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright so i'm very new to the IP Camera world so please be patient with me.

Basically i'm currently working on setting up a 55 IP camera system

I have 3 unmanaged 24ch switches:
PoE Switch / 24CH + 2 Gigabit SFP / 10/100/1000 Base-T / IEE802.af / 24Ch Powered / 370W
now i know its a waste to use a poe port as an uplink port but my boss left me no choice since he bought the switches without me and is a little stubborn.

I've been able to detect all the cameras successfully the only problem i'm having is it seems that the router

model
4111N keeps crashing every time i connect the switch to the router ( i know not the best choice for the amount of cameras)

I've tried connecting each switch separately and the cameras work fine but when all 3 are connected it crashes.

Here are the setups

Switch---Switch----Switch-----Router-----NVR

Switch cat5e(x3) to router each connected separately to a port and NVR connected to router

I would appreciate any advice i can get, if i haven't given enough info please inform me

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most consumer routers can't handle that kind of bandwidth. There are plenty that sadly can't even handle 100mbps of lan to lan traffic.
Connect the NVR directly to one of the switches and connect 2 of the switches directly to the other.
DO NOT connect more than 1 cable directly between switches.

Code:
     s w i t c h  --- Router / Modem / Gateway
    /  |    |  \
   /   |    |   \
switch |    |   switch
  |    |    |    |
cams  cams NVR  cams

Dingrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright thank you very much for the quick reply i'll try this out tomorrow and update on the situation :)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would not connect the switch to the router. Connect the three 24 port switched and the NVR to a industrial grade high speed switch. Uses static ip adddresses.