router for VPN

pinecone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"best" is a subjective word to use. You do get what you pay for with consumer grade networking equipment. You should make sure your Asus firmware is up to date otherwise it will be owned via heartbleed.
So what alternative networking equipment are you suggesting for a "consumer" in need of "consumer grade" applications. Please understand I have no idea of what you mean by "owned via heartbleed".

I really appreciate all the suggestions I am getting here, but I readily admit I know very little on setting up a tunnel VPN using the Asus or any other brand router. That's why I'm looking for basic advise from those who are knowledgeable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So what alternative networking equipment are you suggesting for a "consumer" in need of "consumer grade" applications. Please understand I have no idea of what you mean by "owned via heartbleed".

I really appreciate all the suggestions I am getting here, but I readily admit I know very little on setting up a tunnel VPN using the Asus or any other brand router. That's why I'm looking for basic advise from those who are knowledgeable.
the asus router you want to get has been patch long ago...its has current updates.