S3 animal detection

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make a database to improve accuracy against picking up dogs? I'm trialing it now.

1722139397973.png

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, so reading through the entire thread it sounds like different people have success with different settings? A few questions?

1. AcuPick on or off? If off, only IVS on?

2. IVS sensitivity? Default 5 or something higher? 10?

3. Long Distance Mode on or off? If on**, it looks like the Human/Motor Vehicle/Animals setting is disabled?

Thank you

Last edited:

jharrell

n3wb
Reaction score
Bummed SMD does not also have an animal checkbox now, IVS doesn't work with Scrypted or Synology in Onvif since they are not Onvif motion events and I found SMD to work very well in just telling me if a vehicle or person is moving in the FOV vs IVS being finicky with trip wires and intrusion boxes. Currently back to standard motion events and relying on Scrypted/HKSV notifying me of animals and having motion spam in Synology.

Reaction score
Use Intrusions for animals. It works well and I get notifications to DMSS.
I STILL cannot get notifications for animals to the DMSS app on my iPhone 15 running iOS18.(did not work on iOS17 either) My NVR (NVR8CH-8P-2AI) and cams (multiple S3 cams with latest firmware) DO capture animals really good as I can see it when I run a search on the NVR under AI- IVS. Animals also show on the playback timeline, so I know the cams are doing their job capturing animals. I have tried intrusion and tripwires for animals and also only animals as a target filter for its own rule and that has not helped the problem. But for some darn reason, the DMSS app does not receive notification when an animal is detected by all the cams. All of my cams which are S3 on latest firmware behave the same (detect animals correctly but do not report notification to DMSS). I, of course, have "intrusion/tripwire" notifications enabled on the app as I properly get notified of motor vehicles and humans. I have spoke to @bigredfish (gets notified on the DMSS app of animals) and he has walked me through alot but he has an older NVR and is out of suggestions. Wondering if you have a newer NVR and if maybe there is a setting you are aware of that maybe I missed. Any suggestions that come to mind. @steve1225 do you have any input on this? This is driving me nuts!! LOL I have several screenshots of my setting but rather than flood this thread with them at first, Ill wait to see what you guys say. TIA for your help!!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I use MD in two specific spots where there is a very low chance of false alerts and only at night. I use this in conjunction with IVS.
I have found that using SMD in conjunction with IVS can create problems with underpowered cameras

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@StevenFromTexas Either of you guys use the DMSS app to receive animal notifications? Also wonder why you both have motion detection enabled.. I thought we should not use motion if we have IVS rules enabled?
I only watch/record/replay/search the video from a television monitor wired to the network video recorder and/or one of the monitors wired to my desktop computer. No notifications in use to a phone, for instance.

I haven't changed any of the settings that I previously posted near the beginning of this topic. Everything is being recorded that I want recorded when I want it recorded.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I only watch/record/replay/search the video from a television monitor wired to the network video recorder and/or one of the monitors wired to my desktop computer. No notifications in use to a phone, for instance.

I haven't changed any of the settings that I previously posted near the beginning of this topic. Everything is being recorded that I want recorded when I want it recorded.
His is too. Just no Animal mobile notifications

Reaction score

Gotcha... I am successfully recording animals from all cameras as well, however just cant get the notifications to DMSS... maybe someone else has additional suggestions. Thanks for your input!

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gotcha... I am successfully recording animals from all cameras as well, however just cant get the notifications to DMSS... maybe someone else has additional suggestions. Thanks for your input!
Yeah, I should have just said I'm not using the notification feature for animals and stopped there. :banghead: