Scammers really Suck...

Reaction score
My wife died Monday morning. After a 9-year battle with cancer, she died at home by my side, and we should all have a death that beautiful.

The immense nature of all the tasks following that has been a battle. We had done some pre-planning, but we weren't done with it, so I have had a busy week. I wanted to acknowledge people who shared a story or commented on her obituary and I found this fucking scammer assholes post on her Obit page.

1693532794393.png

What in the Fuck. Men have about 1/10 of one percent chance of getting breast cancer. Fucker playing off my family grief and the fear people have of facing cancer. No shame in looking to profit off that I guess.... Fuckers.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Scammers suck. My elderly neighbor died last year and a week after the funeral, the "funeral home" called the spouse and said they still had an outstanding balance of $5k. In the confused and upset state, she wired them the money....It wasn't the funeral home.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My wife died Monday morning. After a 9-year battle with cancer, she died at home by my side, and we should all have a death that beautiful.

The immense nature of all the tasks following that has been a battle. We had done some pre-planning, but we weren't done with it, so I have had a busy week. I wanted to acknowledge people who shared a story or commented on her obituary and I found this fucking scammer assholes post on her Obit page.

View attachment 171309

What in the Fuck. Men have about 1/10 of one percent chance of getting breast cancer. Fucker playing off my family grief and the fear people have of facing cancer. No shame in looking to profit off that I guess.... Fuckers.
So very sorry for your loss @sdkid

It's very hard, and a 9 year battle is challenging ..

those scammers really suck ..

Reaction score
Oh wow. Very sorry to hear. Forget that nonsense. Spend your time remembering the good times.
Yup-- right now I see myself as a facilitator for people to share their memories. Bullshit like that scam post just gets in the way. Just unbelievable how shameless and disgusting they are.

Thanks to all for the well-wishes. We are good-- we knew it was coming and are dealing with the loss OK-- there is just so much crap to do. Back to work on memorial videos now.... I will have them laughing and crying and back in a matter of minutes, then roll into another piece of music and do it all again. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes very sorry for your loss...Sad the world we live in, we were warned by the funeral homes on both my parents losses of scammers. Was told to lock credit bureau accounts and secure other accounts.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this.

I lost my wife unexpectedly to lung cancer in November of 2021. Fortunately I have not had anyone like this reach out and try to take advantage of the situation.

If you need any help or guidance in the days following, please let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The sad git has a facebook page advertising his snake oil. I just left him a note. Maybe other should do the same

I embarrassingly admit that when my wife had cancer we tried a natural approach. Hell we tried everything else and when you're desperate your thoughts get clouded. It cost us alot of money and other family members helped us out. It obviously didn't work and later there was a law suit of sorts on this Dr. I didn't pursue it because I just wanted to get it all behind me. So yes please watch out for these idiots. They will burn in hell one day.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Most importantly.. #1. Condolences on the recent loss of your loved one.

#2. FUCK CANCER!

#3. Reach out to the obit service and (politely?) tell them to get off their @$$ and monitor their services while they provide you a full refund on the fees incurred for using their service.

#4. FUCK CANCER!