Scheduling for day/night motion sensor sensitivity

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering how could I setup my BI device, so that my profile can change from day to night, and viceversa, so that I can ajust the move sensor sensitivity, but without affecting the alerts config that I might have present at the time of the change.

Example:
I get back home, and decide to enable the alerts, night raises, and I want BI to change move sensor sensitivity, but alerts status not to be changing.
The same on the opposite, I might get back home, and that day I decide not to enable alerts because I will be outside in the garden, night raises, but I do not want alerts to get on, I want alerts to be as they were before changing the night/day profile

Hope it is understood and someone can help me on this.

Kind regards

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up different profiles for the scenarios you want.

Reactions: Wen

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have all of the profile slots filled. The most used are the normal day/night profiles,and then I have "Bad Weather" profiles that match, but I have dialed back the contrast and min object size. Sometimes I will also bump up the minimum duration

So, this spring have been very windy, and I've been grabbing the "Bad Weather" profiles more often.

Hope this helps.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, I have already set up different profiles. However it is a pain to change them manually... I know I can also schedule them, but it won't work for me.
As I was saying, I just want to schedule the different profiles of day/night at different times, to adjust sensitivity, but I want to maintain the alerts config, it was before the schedule makes the change, like in the examples I wrote on my first post.
Another example:

I have 4 different profiles:
Day alert on
Day alert off
Night alert on
Night alert off

So, night raises, and I need to change from day profile to night profile. As you can see I have 2 different profiles, but if I am in day alert off, that day because I am at home, I would like BI to change to night profile (to adjust sensitivity) but with the alerts off.
Imagine I have one day, Day alert on, once night raises, I would like of course Night alert on. Because the only change I need is the move sensor sensitivity to be changed, nothing else. I would like to maintain the alerts option as they were before the schedule makes the change.

Kind regards

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then use profiles and geofencing so BI knows when you are home or not....

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is not a problem or being or not being home. It is a problem, that I might want the alarm to be activated once I am at home, if I am inside, and to be off if I am in the garden. And do not want the schedule to change to a profile with a different alert config, but just with a different sensitivity settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, BI is good, but it isn't a mind reader LOL :lmao:

If you cannot get geofence to be tight enough to know when you are outside your house and to use the non-alert profile, then you have to manually change it.

It is not a pain to change profiles manually...there are some instances that you will have to take 5 seconds and open up UI3 on your mobile device and change it to a profile that doesn't alert you or alert you based on your mood.

Is this your repeatable pattern and will never change:

1. In one instance you say you are home and want alerts day and night just the sensitivity changes between the two.
  2. In another instance you are home but want to garden and turn alerts off and then go to night sensitivity but keep alerts off.
  3. In another instance you are not home and want alerts day and night just the sensitivity changes between the two.
So you would never be in a situation where you are home and garden in the day and want alerts off and do not want alerts on at night? Personally I do not know why you wouldn't want alerts on at night even if you were gardening in the day time, but if that is what you want LOL.

If those 3 are the only scenarios you envision, then you go into the day profile with alerts off and tell it on profile change to go to night profile with alerts off. And in the day profile with alerts on tell it on profile change to go night profile with alerts on.

Then you would either need geofence to recognize you go outside to garden or you will have to take a whole 5 seconds to open up UI3 and manually change the profile to alerts off.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, there is no problem on my side to change the profile manually when I need alerts on or off.
But I want the sensitivity to be adjusted automatically.
If I am gardening, I do not want my cameras to be triggering because I am moving outside, or swimming in the pool, or doing whatever. So, in case I am in the garden I will establish the profile of "alerts off", now, lets imagine I stay outside during the day, and it gets to night time, but I am still outside. I want BI to change to a profile with a different sensitivity, but the question now is? That different profile that BI is going to change to, will have the alerts on or off? If that profile has alerts off, it will match with the previous alerts setting profile. But, in case, I am not gardening that day, and alerts are on, as soon as BI changes to the night profile, it will at the same time switch alerts off, not taking into account that the previous profile before the change, was having alerts on.
Does it make sense?

With the scheduling I just want motion sensor sensitivity to be changed, but not the alerts to be touched or change state, if they were previously on or off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And that is accomplished via the method I posted, if those 3 are the only scenarios you envision. But if you are now adding a 4th option of I am outside and come back in before dark and now want alerts on, that is different and where BI isn't a mind reader.

But when you go outside, either geofence needs to be tight enough (if possible for your situation) to know you are in the backyard OR you have to manually change the profile to Day with alerts off.

Then in the "Day with alerts off" profile, you tell it "ON CHANGE" to go to the profile NIGHT with alerts off.

But if you want any other scenario, that will require a manual change, unless you can configure geofence to do exactly what you want.

Or figure out a way to say Alexa I am gardening now and turn alerts off and Alexa I am in turn alerts back on type routines.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And that is accomplished via the method I posted, if those 3 are the only scenarios you envision. But if you are now adding a 4th option of I am outside and come back in before dark and now want alerts on, that is different and where BI isn't a mind reader.
No, I did not say I come back in before dark. I said, I stay outside all day, during day and during night. But this is nothing about mind reading, it is much more simple than that. Let me rewrite it in a different way.
Night raises. BI needs to change A day profile to B night profile.
B profile says: A profile do you have alerts on or off?
A profile answers: I have alerts on
B profile says: Oki, I will go with night visibility with alerts on.

Just that, having profiles to maintain the last alert setting, but just changing visibility. In other words, The future profile inheriting the alerts setting from the previous one.

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
About geofence, of course, if I get to the garden and I have alerts on, I know I need to previously disable them manually. But as I said, that is not the problem, the problem is the change of alert settings when changing from one profile to another with a schedule, as I explained before

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then it is done the way I said...

DAY profile ALERTS OFF....go to the profiles tab and tell it ON CHANGE go to profile NIGHT ALERTS OFF

DAY profile ALERTS ON...go to the profiles tab and tell it ON CHANGE go to profile NIGHT ALERTS ON

ON CHANGE is bottom right box

1655302859262.png

Then add an action set by selecting the + sign and then telling it based on Profile 1 (DAY ALERTS ON) to switch to Profile 2 (NIGHT ALERTS ON) on profile change.

Then add + to tell it if based on Profile 3 (DAY ALERTS OFF) to switch to Profile 4 (NIGHT ALERTS OFF) on profile change

Now if the next day you want the night profile to follow to the next day, then add more + action sets to accomplish that.

Or if you are outside and come back in and now want alerts at night, then change the profile manually.

1655303099915.png

Reactions: Wen

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmmm, I will check that option once I get back home. It might be what I was searching for :D

Thanks for the help man. I will let you know in case it works, the way I want