scrambled green screen

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
Over the last 3 days i am getting this odd scrambled green screen image on all of my cameras. It's random when it happens, but happens constantly.

At first i thought it was the Intel VPP, so i turned that off, but still does it

Anyone else ever see this?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did BI or Windows recently update?

Make sure hardware acceleration is turned off globally and on each camera.

Make sure you are not running any codec. Just straight H264 or H265. No + or H264H, etc.

And then do a reboot.

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing was updated on the system or blue Iris

I just fully shut down hardware acceleration. i had it set to Intel only from Intel+VPP

I'm using H264

rebooted, and lets see what happens.

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
still doing the same thing, and its not like it's on the same make/model cameras, it's on all of them(i have 5)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW - next thought would be a power issue.

When you look at the BI camera status page - are the FPS and KEY jumping all over the place - not always and indicator, but sometimes that can be showing a power issue.

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
WOW - next thought would be a power issue.

When you look at the BI camera status page - are the FPS and KEY jumping all over the place - not always and indicator, but sometimes that can be showing a power issue.

Don't think it can be a power issue as they are powered from different locations. One is a POE switch, the other is a doorbell and the last is directly plugged into the wall.

on the status page they are pretty much stating the same. they move .01-.03 on the FPS. KEY almost never moves, and when it does it's .01

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
Is windows colors wonky and green as well? or just the camera feeds?
just the camera feeds.

machine runs perfectly otherwise. My son can play games on it with no issues, but he is using the external GPU.

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
any other ideas? I tried frame rate changing too. that did nothing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you confirm it is/isn't BI by pulling up the camera feed in the camera GUI or VLC?

If it plays fine in the camera GUI, then it is an issue with BI. Maybe a rollback is needed.

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did. does that green color in BI, but not on any of the GUIs

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then something is wonky in BI.

I would try a rollback. Maybe it auto updated on you or a file got corrupt.

If that fixes it, then go back up to your current version and see if that fixes it.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you use the find/inspect function in BI when add the camera? Was this an established system where everything was running fine, then you experienced the green screen? Do you have Windows updates automatic turned off? What, if anything, did you do between when everything was working fine and when it wasn't? The more data provided, the better forum members can assist. You can check your Windows update history to see if anything was downloaded automatically in the timeframe being discussed.
1648682146634.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
He's got a bleeding edge new Processor. 12th generation i9......bleeding edge Intel graphics...is that graphics processor the same one as the 11 gen by any chance?

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
According to the random models checked, 12th i9 gen uses UHD 770, and 11th gen uses UHD 750 (for i9 and i7, i3 lists UHD 730)

rbf351

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you use the find/inspect function in BI when add the camera? Was this an established system where everything was running fine, then you experienced the green screen? Do you have Windows updates automatic turned off? What, if anything, did you do between when everything was working fine and when it wasn't? The more data provided, the better forum members can assist. You can check your Windows update history to see if anything was downloaded automatically in the timeframe being discussed.
View attachment 123828
Just checked. Last update was 3/20, and the system was still fine then.

I'm also on windows 11 if that helps any