SD card issue with .640 firmware?

gto-guy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seen some other posts about this already. I have 2 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE. 1 is running the logoed and the other the non-logoed FW that andy posted up and both have 64gb SD cards in them. They fine on first boot but since then I do not see the cards in the local storage option in the firmware.

does someone have an older version that I can try with to see if it is a firmware issue?

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anxious to see a reply.. I have to randomly remove, reformat my sd cards and reinstall them. It's a pain in the ass! One I have installed in a ptz mounted @50' on a telephone pole, which requires a bucket truck to resolve each time.. I have around 18 cameras with sd cards installed. Only about 4 have this issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have three of these cameras and but have never used an SD card in any of them but I have used both firmwares on these cameras.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought you said you wanted an older firmware to try?

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What cards are you using? It seems some brands tend to be more reliable than others in these Dahua cameras, most people say the Samsung cards work well.

gto-guy

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the gskill I linked above.

I went and got 2 more cards today. 1 is a Samsung evo 64 gb and the other is the store brand microcenter (if you don't know what microcenter is, it is like a frys).

pulled 1 cam down, put in the microcenter card and it worked with the .640 firmware. decided to try to use the hot swap button to reinstall the gskill. after putting the sd card back in, now it shows the card. it also shows that 8 gb of data has been written to the card and the live playback feature now shows clips on the card. so that means the camera has been working with the card but the gui just didn't show it.....

the other camera, something is up with the sd card itself. I can't get laptop to read it right 100% of the time. I put in the microcenter card and it worked fine. updated from .622 back to .640 and it works fine.

so end of the day, 1 camera was possibly a bad sd card and the other some kind of bug for the GUI I guess

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The best software for testing microSD cards is h2testw - H2testw

There are a lot of fake memory cards out there from eBay etc which only have a small portion of space actually usable and this software will flag any issues up straightaway.

Basically format the card and then run it through this software and it will fill it with data and then read it all back to ensure it's valid.

I test all microSD cards I use with this software a couple of times before putting them anywhere near a camera.

When a card dies they tend to either go read only or just aren't recognised.

Some of the Dahua firmwares are definitely buggy and I'm seeing some strange behaviour on current firmwares across all mine with a mixture of Toshiba Exceria M302 and Samsung Evo Plus cards.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using the Samsung Evo Plus cards 1-128gb, and two 64gb. the 128 has been running for about a year with no issue's, continuously recording.

Suspect due to the design of the sd card slots, some do not get cards installed entirely correct.