SD flash card cameras, no Wi-Fi---- IMPOSSIBLE FIND

Jeff Jot

n3wb
Reaction score
First, let me express my general frustration that every online forum eventually divides everyone up into so many blinking Sub-Forums, you can't ask a general question anywhere without most people not seeing it and its so much more inefficient. But things have been like that for decades.

Now for my next complaint, lol!

While digital cameras are all the rage everywhere, ALL of them today INSIST on requiring WI-FI access for their use- so that governments, companies and hackers can enjoy themselves peeping through them at their leisure.
I don't need this!
All I want is a motion camera that shows itself as a theft deterrent, and also records evidence of break-ins, etc, to an SD flash card. This is out on property where I am NOT paying for Wi-Fi nor do I want to pay for a monthly subscription or give hackers their peeping, or let Alexa spy on this boring place, its not necessary. Just a plain old motion camera that records to say a 128 GB flash drive in a loop, so it overwrites when it gets to the end and starts over.
Someone breaks in or mayhem happens? Why then there's video footage of who did it. Thats all I need!!!

But where is such a camera sold?
I've bought 4 cameras off Amazon that all claim they "also" motion-write to an SD mini flash card, and they just don't work. I have a teeny noveltly 'spy' camera that does this perfectly fine, but I don't want that, I want a camera that is open in plain view and that will deter break-ins by its presence. Does this make sense?
I don't want it solar powered, or battery powered, because I don't want to have to go and change batteries or have it not work when a cloud goes by.
Just a plain plug-in camera that motion-writes to an SD flash. Anyone have any luck findng such a simple, common sense item for sale on the market anywhere?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ALL of them today INSIST on requiring WI-FI access for their use- so that governments, companies and hackers can enjoy themselves peeping through them at their leisure.
I think what you really mean is - IP cameras can be connected to a LAN.
Yes, of course, that's one of the reasons to buy an IP camera.
But you don't actually have to connect it, and they can also be as isolated from access as you want them to be.

All I want is a motion camera that shows itself as a theft deterrent, and also records evidence of break-ins, etc, to an SD flash card.
Many IP cameras support the ability to record to an on-board SD card.
There is no shortage of such models.

I've bought 4 cameras off Amazon that all claim they "also" motion-write to an SD mini flash card, and they just don't work.
They probably do - it may just be a matter of configuring that requirement.
If you provide details of the models and how you configured them, you'll likely get some helpful feedback.

First, let me express my general frustration that every online forum eventually divides everyone up into so many blinking Sub-Forums, you can't ask a general question anywhere without most people not seeing it and its so much more inefficient.
Members are well provided with notifications from forums of interest, lists of new posts, alerts etc so by no means do questions drop into black holes.
Though dropping a camera question into the Chit-chat forum would go a little way towards that.

edit I just noticed that you've posted the exact same question on 7 different forums.
Please don't do that, it's not necessary.
You'll actually generate the exact opposite effect to what you intend.
Members will consider you to be a spammer and just ignore you.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about this thread :lmao:

And as I mentioned, you only need to post it once in this forum as we see all subforums in the What's new view. I suggest you delete your other copy posts....