SD42212T-HN have onboard microphone?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have to ground the audio cable. I get the red and white but never seen audio ground. Where do u wire that one?
The white (audio in) and black (audio ground) are the only ones used for the mic signal to the camera.

The audio out would be used for a speaker connected to the camera, and share the black common ground connection.

SD

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tomas21, I have to update this as I don't want to spread misinformation. As there are many ways to get power to the mic, my above example would work, but is redundant and not necessary.

You can eliminate the POE extender as the active splitter above passes POE power thru and out the data cable to the PTZ camera, and steps down the 48V to 12v and sends that to the 5.5mm connector.

Here is a new link to one in stock and available on Amazon.

Amazon.com: iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output: Computers & Accessories

Sorry if i created any confusion.

Ryan's thread here is extremely informative:
How-To: Audio Inputs

SD

View attachment 16482
Thank you for suggestion on that iCreatin Active 12v PoE splitter that will carry power through to the PTZ + additional 12v 5.5mm connector. This will hopefully solve my problem needing to power both the PTZ & mic over one PoE network cable. I have ordered it and will give it a shot. If the power between the PTZ and Mic becomes an issue I will look to install an outlet in the attic just to power the mic with a 12v wall adapter.

iCreatin reviews seems mixed and I know nayr had a bad experience so we will see

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought 2 of em; and I have 2 dead ones.. heh, they work as long as you dont ask anywhere near what they promise for power delivery.. asking more than 1A out of any of these cheap lil splitters just seems to be too much

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for suggestion on that iCreatin Active 12v PoE splitter that will carry power through to the PTZ + additional 12v 5.5mm connector. This will hopefully solve my problem needing to power both the PTZ & mic over one PoE network cable. I have ordered it and will give it a shot. If the power between the PTZ and Mic becomes an issue I will look to install an outlet in the attic just to power the mic with a 12v wall adapter.

iCreatin reviews seems mixed and I know nayr had a bad experience so we will see
I bought 2 of em; and I have 2 dead ones.. heh, they work as long as you dont ask anywhere near what they promise for power delivery.. asking more than 1A out of any of these cheap lil splitters just seems to be too much
I am rescinding my recommendation of the POE splitter. They do NOT pass the current from the switch through the RJ45, so your POE device will not have power. To add to that, when connected to the POE switch, I checked the output with a multi meter. The voltage pulses/fluctuates from 0 -12 v in 2 second cycles. Literally goes to zero, then ramps back up to 11.8-12v or so. I'm sorry if I mislead you. I'm returning all three, getting my $36 back and going with something more robust.

I'm researching a new solution in the meanwhile. The POE extender solution in the above post would still work with the additional piece of hardware.

SD

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am rescinding my recommendation of the POE splitter. They do NOT pass the current from the switch through the RJ45, so your POE device will not have power. To add to that, when connected to the POE switch, I checked the output with a multi meter. The voltage pulses/fluctuates from 0 -12 v in 2 second cycles. Literally goes to zero, then ramps back up to 11.8-12v or so. I'm sorry if I mislead you. I'm returning all three, getting my $36 back and going with something more robust.

I'm researching a new solution in the meanwhile. The POE extender solution in the above post would still work with the additional piece of hardware.

SD
I'll return that iCreatin and it looks like the most stable solution will be to run power into my attic and plug in 12v a/c adapter to power the mic. If you find a better solution utilizing POE only to power both the camera & mic over a single network cable let me know.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another piece of info to pass along. I was getting a "ground loop" when connected to the POE switch. This didn't happen when I was using a split 12v power supply (Itself was grounded). My switch has a grounding post. I will hook it up to my grounding block in the basement and retest. It was an annoying pulsing sound from the mic.

SD

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry to thread hijack. I just got an Amcrest ip2m-850e and it has the following attached wiring scheme for the sound. I'd like to use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IL4E9CQ/ref=asc_df_B01IL4E9CQ5146934/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01IL4E9CQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198066815951&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8745294327258377871&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017440&hvtargid=pla-320599460836 and this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M5P7HCW/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2J9RUGS78S6Y8&colid=1IEIIDO11PIA4

I would like to use it in conjunction with the camera and Blue Iris. Currently the camera is powered by POE. So would I need a separate 12 V power run to power the microphone? From what I read in the thread it looks like a power over ethernet splitter would not work, correct? On those two wires that turn into an RCA connector would I twist both the white wire and the black wire into the audio and wire on the camera? Or is the black wire the ground?

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.