Sd59230 can't get smooth video recording

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got a new SD59230 a week ago and can't get any recordings that don't jump around had it lock on to a car then next frame shows the car half way down the block. another it locked on i missed the whole part of the video in front and beside my house. I Just see it coming down the street then going away down the side street. these were recorded off of the memory card installed in the cam and also shows in the BI recordings and is the same. I have factory reset the cam 3 times this week but can't get a recording that plays properly in between the beginning and ending of the video. Any ideas? It's like the cam pauses then restarts. I know it is auto tracking the cars but i am missing the middle part of the video.

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a new SD59230 a week ago and can't get any recordings that don't jump around had it lock on to a car then next frame shows the car half way down the block. another it locked on i missed the whole part of the video in front and beside my house. I Just see it coming down the street then going away down the side street. these were recorded off of the memory card installed in the cam and also shows in the BI recordings and is the same. I have factory reset the cam 3 times this week but can't get a recording that plays properly in between the beginning and ending of the video. Any ideas? It's like the cam pauses then restarts. I know it is auto tracking the cars but i am missing the middle part of the video.

Which firmware do you use?

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It came with the September 17 on it when I got it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the brother of this cam.
Do you see this behavior if you manually pan the camera through the WebGui?
What does BI show as the frame rate and bitrate? Does it compare to what you have it set at in the cam?

What SD card did you use? How are you powering the camera?

Does it record smoothly when not panning?

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns Here's Screenshot of Firmware

I have the brother of this cam.
Do you see this behavior if you manually pan the camera through the WebGui? Does it all the time
What does BI show as the frame rate and bitrate? Does it compare to what you have it set at in the cam? It's showing the same but i am at 30fps

What SD card did you use? How are you powering the camera? Sandisk evo 128gb and powered with Dahua High Poe switch from Andy

Does it record smoothly when not panning?
It doesn't record or view Smoothly during live or recording

I am not sure about IR yet when i zoom goes from 1 to 20+ because of this issue

Attachments

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird thing is right now thru the web interface video is showing but thru blue iris it's funny colors. here's side by side live

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns Here's Screenshot of Firmware

It doesn't record or view Smoothly during live or recording

I am not sure about IR yet when i zoom goes from 1 to 20+ because of this issue

Ok, you are on the same firmware as mine.

Is the POE swtich you got from andy certified as PoE+(802.3at)

What cable did you use to the camera? Premade or one you made useself?

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The switch is the PFL2106-4ET-96 I have 2 of these and the other is powering the sd6ae240 fine. I have 3 cables i made to this corner of my house with the other cables on 4231 cams. I have switched cables around with no change. I don't get how blue iris sees colors but the cam web access does not.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The switch is the PFL2106-4ET-96 I have 2 of these and the other is powering the sd6ae240 fine. I have 3 cables i made to this corner of my house with the other cables on 4231 cams. I have switched cables around with no change. I don't get how blue iris sees colors but the cam web access does not.
What exact version of BI are you running?

See if the substream will stream smoothly to the Web Gui

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Decrease Bitrate
If you look through the web interface you can notice that while the camera registers or tracks the bit rate it also rises to 15,000 20000.
I also noticed about my issue with firmware September

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also try adjusting contrast and detail
They have been increased to have good tracking without losing the target

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another proof that you can download the video on PC and check if it is slider.

If it is fluid it means there is a LAN network problem

See also how many mega bytes and video

If there are so many in tot seconds, there are probably too many details or too much saturation.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns BI is 4.6.4.12 x64

All my Dahua domes are set at 15fps but still show 30fps in BI.

Only my 3 PTZ change in BI when i change in the camera

But every time i open BI and check a cam the settings are anywhere from 17fps to 60fps i can set them all 15 and they change to what ever they please

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@iveco300 If i am reading this right your saying download to computer? The videos posted were downloaded from cam to computer and uploaded to youtube. the 3rd video the car comes into camera view down the street but you don't see is it turns on the side street then you see the card again driving away. It tracked it no problem just video skips in front around the turn and side of house then shows car again. hope that makes sense

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns checked router don't see any issues. i have 20+ 1080 cams if a network issue wouldn't i have other cam problems?