SD6AL433XA-HNR Laser PTZ Tracking Issue

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will be getting Wildcat hooked up remotely, hopefully this evening. I checked and both PTZ's cameras have the following storage settings, but do not have SD cards, could this be why I am getting a pause on live view and recordings?

1617285787467.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The SD card would be under the local tab, but you would have had to install the SD Card yourself.

Lack of SD Card does not explain the pauses on live view and recordings. That is a bandwidth issue somewhere. Either too many video streams being pulled at the same time, bandwidth issue within the NVR, bandwidth issue with the nanostation, too long of an ethernet run, etc.

Do you have substreams on for all of your cameras? Is the NVR and your program to view it on the phone or tablet using the substreams? If you are trying to watch all the cameras at the same time tiled on your screen pulling the mainstream feeds that will do it as well.

Conversely, for kicks, turn substream off on one camera and see if that improves the video stream of that camera- depending on other settings in your camera (too high FPS, etc.), you could be maxing the little CPU out.

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have substreams off for all cameras to save bandwidth. On one of the PTZ's the Cat6 cable run is only 200 feet, the second PTZ has 60 foot Cat6 cable to a Nano Station with a clear line of sight to its Access Point. All cameras are on 15 FPS, bit rate 8192, Encode H.264.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So not using the substreams at all can certainly contribute to what you are experiencing - if you have the NVR up and running showing all the cameras, using SmartPSS at same time, maybe another device streaming and you are overloading the system.

Remember that unlike streaming services, these cameras do not buffer video, so too many video streams going concurrently can cause this.

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I made sure Smart PSS is not running on any computer, nor is the DMSS program running on any phone and no computer connected to the NVR. I do get this annoying issue with LiveSnapshots even though all my cameras have snapshot unchecked.

1617291799186.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting...so the question now is do you have the wrong setting for the hard drive and it is having trouble and causing the issues?

I forget, which HDD do you have in the NVR?

Anything critical on there - could you do a reformat of the HDD and see if that clears the issue?

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem reformatting the HDD's, they are 10TB Western Digital Purple Drives. I think I may have the wrong setting for the HDD's, any suggestions?

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Path C on the Snapshots is my laptop and I can't find where to stop this, any help would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, those drives are fine!

Oh missed the C drive thing - that would be within the camera GUI itself - turn off all the snapshots within the camera GUI as they are referencing a drive they cannot access. This could be the culprit - the cams don't need much of a hesitancy to muck it up!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That looks great! Much better than the fast forward and skipping! Now for more zoom LOL