SDR-B73300 + Blue Iris

SolarCity

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm using a pretty old Samsung DVR. It's a Samsung SDR-B73300 to be specific. I'm interested in using Blue Iris because the Samsung Smartviewer is garbage and eats up a ton of unnecessary processing power. Furthermore, the mobile Samsung Ipolis app is poorly updated and sucks most of the time too.

My question is: Can I use BlueIris with this DVR? I downloaded Blue Iris and the trial expired. During that time, I couldn't get it to work. It would look like it was connecting and get really close but then would say no video available. If you guys can verify that it works with this DVR I am looking to purchase the software because it looks much more full featured than the Samsung Smartviewer.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm using a pretty old Samsung DVR. It's a Samsung SDR-B73300 to be specific. I'm interested in using Blue Iris because the Samsung Smartviewer is garbage and eats up a ton of unnecessary processing power. Furthermore, the mobile Samsung Ipolis app is poorly updated and sucks most of the time too.

My question is: Can I use BlueIris with this DVR? I downloaded Blue Iris and the trial expired. During that time, I couldn't get it to work. It would look like it was connecting and get really close but then would say no video available. If you guys can verify that it works with this DVR I am looking to purchase the software because it looks much more full featured than the Samsung Smartviewer.
Welcome SolarCity,

See you are new here, so I wanted to welcome you.

I'm unfamiliar with your DVR so I'll let others chime in with possible answers.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

SolarCity

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome SolarCity,

See you are new here, so I wanted to welcome you.

I'm unfamiliar with your DVR so I'll let others chime in with possible answers.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out!
Hopefully some of the knowledgeable Blue Iris folks chime in. I'm one step away from building a Hikvision setup.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't own a DVR like yours so this is a guess. I suggest you try the 2 configurations below.
Note that under 'Video' that the 'Camera' setting number corresponds with the channel number of the BNC connector where a cam is plugged into.
If neither work as shown, try different ports between 4520 and 4526; that makes 14 total combo's, 7 different ports for each schema.

Good luck! Maybe you can get this going until Santa brings that Hikvision setup!

samsung1.jpg

samsung2.jpg

Last edited: